Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Spoilers/Media Thread

  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [41]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,956
    Not sure if this is a spoiler exactly but it's now being reported that the part of Alpha is to be played by none other than Alan Tudyk.

    Yay!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [42]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    Whilst the Firefly fan in me is happy, I can't help but think "What?". I dunno, when I think of Alpha and what he's been built up to be, I don't exactly think Alan Tudyk, you know?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [43]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,956
    I think this is an excellent casting choice.

    I doubt he'll be all:

    Alpha: "I will attack this Dollhouse and I will call it 'This Dollhouse'"

    Echo: "How about we call it you grave!?"

    Alpha: "Curse your sudden but inevitable self awareness, arggghgggh!"


    Seriously, Tudyk as Alpha will rock.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [44]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    I have no idea who he is, is he a good actor?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [45]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,956
    Oh yeah, you're that guy who doesn't like Firefly. Go away!

    And yes, he is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CaptainHarkness

    CaptainHarkness

    [46]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/25/08
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 1,946

    I can't wait to see him on the show.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [47]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    Oh yeah, you're that guy who doesn't like Firefly. Go away!

    And yes, he is.


    Haha.

    He was Steve the Pirate in Dodgeball. If you've seen that.
    I think he was also in that movie about a Funeral or something. It was made last year or something. I don't know. Any source for the Alan thingy?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [48]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,956

    http://www.freewebs.com/alantudyknet/news.htm

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [49]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    I don't NOT like Firefly, I've just never seen it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [50]Feb 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    Thanks for the link. I Google-Newsed it as well. That's great; even though I'm not really a huge fan of his, I still like him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of talieson

    talieson

    [51]Feb 24, 2009
    • member since: 10/05/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 145
    he is a brilliant comedic actor, not sure how he will go as a super bad ass but hey - he played a manic depressive gay Swedish (I think) guy perfectly so he can probably do anything !
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CaptainHarkness

    CaptainHarkness

    [52]Feb 24, 2009
    • member since: 06/25/08
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 1,946
    Alan Tudyk was also in 3:10 to Yuma.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AuntArlene

    AuntArlene

    [53]Feb 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,992

    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    Not sure if this is a spoiler exactly but it's now being reported that the part of Alpha is to be played by none other than Alan Tudyk. Yay!

    While I'm still not thrilled with the show, I'm very curious to see how this goes.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AuntArlene

    AuntArlene

    [54]Feb 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,992

    He was also in a Knight's Tale.

    Sandra Bullock's 28 Days is also worth a watch to see Alan's role. It's very short but memorable.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [55]Feb 25, 2009
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516
    NJZ wrote:
    Whilst the Firefly fan in me is happy, I can't help but think "What?". I dunno, when I think of Alpha and what he's been built up to be, I don't exactly think Alan Tudyk, you know?

    I know exactly what you mean, I know I posted this response in another thread, but I'll say it here too: Alan doesn't seem like the type to play the real menacing creature that Alpha is made out to be, so it just seems odd imo, to see him cast as that guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a character on Dollhouse, but not necessarily as Alpha, maybe Dr. Saunders' assistant, or another handler perhaps.


    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I think he was also in that movie about a Funeral or something. It was made last year or something. I don't know.

    It's called "Death at a Funeral," released in 2007, Alan plays a guy named Simon, he does a wonderful performance. It's a great movie for anybody who likes and appreciates British comedy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [56]Feb 26, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I think he was also in that movie about a Funeral or something. It was made last year or something. I don't know.

    It's called "Death at a Funeral," released in 2007, Alan plays a guy named Simon, he does a wonderful performance. It's a great movie for anybody who likes and appreciates British comedy.


    I think I'm like the one single person who hates British comedy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AuntArlene

    AuntArlene

    [57]Feb 26, 2009
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,992

    michael_LB92 wrote:
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I think he was also in that movie about a Funeral or something. It was made last year or something. I don't know.
    It's called "Death at a Funeral," released in 2007, Alan plays a guy named Simon, he does a wonderful performance. It's a great movie for anybody who likes and appreciates British comedy.
    I think I'm like the one single person who hates British comedy.

    I like good British comedy, but this movie bored me to tears.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TesserT

    TesserT

    [58]Feb 26, 2009
    • member since: 11/13/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 6,147
    Episode 103 Trailer, Episode 102 recap, HULU ad with Eliza Dushku
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [59]Feb 27, 2009
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516
    Ok, so maybe not all British comedy is wonderful and funny...to each his own. I scrolled thru the pages and didn't see anybody post this yet, so hopefully I'm not too late w/ this article. Fear.net emailed me their daily scoop thing (like TV Guide is fond of doing as well), and it included a very lengthy interview with Eliza Dushku, entitled, "We Play In The Dollhouse with Eliza Dushku! Here's the link: Interview
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TesserT

    TesserT

    [60]Feb 28, 2009
    • member since: 11/13/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 6,147
    Thanks for that interview! ...the Dolls are starting to have these memories and develop these little flickers of self awareness and recognize one another and remember things from engagements" is what made Ep 3 all the better - things are starting to play out in interesting ways - Dollhouse is starting to get very interesting.
    Edited on 02/28/2009 11:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.