Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Spoilers/Media Thread

TwistedConverse

[121]May 20, 2009
    • level: 23
    I like him too. He renewed Dollhouse = I like him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NJZ

[122]May 20, 2009
    • level: 29
    Fair enough Mr_Nasty. I just don't agree with anything Reilly says.

___Mr_Nasty___

[123]May 20, 2009
    • level: 24
    I imagine the quote that really slapped you in the face was:

"First, it's a bet on [creativity].....so that's it for Terminator."

... and I reckon there's a few more things he's said too that would antagonise TSCC fans but he's hardly in the same mould as Fox's previous higher-ups who boned Firefly into oblivion.

NJZ

[124]May 20, 2009
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    I imagine the quote that really slapped you in the face was:

"First, it's a bet on [creativity].....so that's it for Terminator."

... and I reckon there's a few more things he's said too that would antagonise TSCC fans but he's hardly in the same mould as Fox's previous higher-ups who boned Firefly into oblivion.

Yes, thats exactly the quote. No offense DH fans but TSCC was more creative than DH could ever be. I love Dollhouse, its my 2nd fave show this year, but TSCC is light years ahead.

___Mr_Nasty___

[125]May 20, 2009
    NJZ wrote:
    Yes, thats exactly the quote. No offense DH fans but TSCC was more creative than DH could ever be. I love Dollhouse, its my 2nd fave show this year, but TSCC is light years ahead.

"Could ever be"?

Whedon's gony make you sorry you said that haha.

NJZ

[126]May 20, 2009
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

"Could ever be"?

Whedon's gony make you sorry you said that haha.

Well, we all know Dollhouse is getting 13 episodes more at most. Can he really pull it off and make it as mind-blowing as it should be? I dunno if he can. Maybe if FOX butt out and let him do his thing.

TwistedConverse

[127]May 20, 2009
    I have faith in Joss. He takes a while to get going usually (Buffy and Angel only got really good in their second seasons IMO) and then it all turns out wonderful in the end .

NJZ

[128]May 20, 2009
    True that BtVS and Angel were really great in their second seasons but they had more after too to solidify how awesome they were. Dollhouse isn't ever gonna get that. We need it to be brilliant from start to finish.

___Mr_Nasty___

[129]May 20, 2009
    NJZ wrote:
    Dollhouse isn't ever gonna get that.

I think someone needs a bit more hope.

Don't be afraid NJZ! Don't be afraid to hope!

NJZ

[130]May 20, 2009
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    Dollhouse isn't ever gonna get that.

I think someone needs a bit more hope.

Don't be afraid NJZ! Don't be afraid to hope!

I poured all my hope into the renewal of Dollhouse and Terminator. It worked for one of them but that took so much hope (I had to hope for Kat too coz she had none of it for herself *glares at Kat* ) that now I'm running on empty. I'd be glad to be wrong and see Dollhouse get a 3rd season or even a 22 episode order but its highly doubtful.

michael_LB92

[131]May 20, 2009
    It was highly doubtful the show would get past season one. It's the lowest rated drama on network television ever to get a second season.

NJZ

[132]May 21, 2009
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    It was highly doubtful the show would get past season one. It's the lowest rated drama on network television ever to get a second season.

I'm not sure, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? Coz that could be construed either way.

michael_LB92

[133]May 23, 2009
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

I'm not sure, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? Coz that could be construed either way.

More disagreement, but not really that. I'm just pointing out that, although you are doubtful it will get past 13 more episodes now, just think about how doubtful everyone was about the shows second season. Just try to remember that it's amazing we've even come this far, and anything is possible with this show.

NJZ

[134]May 23, 2009
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

More disagreement, but not really that. I'm just pointing out that, although you are doubtful it will get past 13 more episodes now, just think about how doubtful everyone was about the shows second season. Just try to remember that it's amazing we've even come this far, and anything is possible with this show.

Ah, okay. I see what you mean now. And I see your point but this time next year, I think we'll all be depressed coz Dollhouse got cancelled. I'd love a 3rd season, I just don't see it happening.

michael_LB92

[135]May 23, 2009
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

Ah, okay. I see what you mean now. And I see your point but this time next year, I think we'll all be depressed coz Dollhouse got cancelled. I'd love a 3rd season, I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, I'm not feeling over-confident about it all, but hopefully both our instincts are wrong.

kikimarie593

[136]May 23, 2009
    • level: 27

NJZ wrote:
    True that BtVS and Angel were really great in their second seasons but they had more after too to solidify how awesome they were. Dollhouse isn't ever gonna get that. We need it to be brilliant from start to finish.

WOW and I always thought you were a fan of this show.

TesserT

[137]May 24, 2009
    • level: 74
    Ask Ausiello

Since Amy Acker's show Happy Town has been picked up, what does that mean for Dr. Saunders on Dollhouse? Is she headed for the attic?

Not if puppetmaster Joss Whedon has anything to say about it. He tells me he'll be "sending [Happy producers] chocolate and flowers," he laughs. "We're desperate to have her." As such, he is disinclined to put another doctor in the d'house. Only if "we find out that we're not going to use her for the bulk of the season" would he do that, he says. "[But] everyone is not going to be in every episode, so it's perfectly possible that there will just be stories that don't involve Dr. Saunders."

___Mr_Nasty___

[138]May 24, 2009
    Judging from the trailers and stuff for Happy Town it seems Amy Acker's part is relatively small so hopefully she'll have time to come over and film some Dollhouse stuff too.

TwistedConverse

[139]May 24, 2009
    I don't think Happy Town will do well. I thought it sounded like an interesting concept but I didn't like what I saw from the trailer.

NJZ

[140]May 24, 2009
    Happy Town is on ABC right? They already let one of the stars of on of their other shows appear on a FOX show earlier this year (hasn't even been a month), so will they actually do it again?
    kikimarie593 wrote:

NJZ wrote:

WOW and I always thought you were a fan of this show.

Whoa whoa whoa, don't question my love for Dollhouse. Its my 2nd favourite show to have aired this year (the first being TSCC) and now its been bumped up to No.1 for Fall '09. Is that not enough?