Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Official Spoilers/Media Thread

spikemaniac

[161]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 50
    I heard in a podcast that there was a good chance that Nathan Fillion will be having a guest appearance in Season 2. I forgot what article it was in though
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TwistedConverse

[162]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 23
    spikemaniac wrote:
    I heard in a podcast that there was a good chance that Nathan Fillion will be having a guest appearance in Season 2. I forgot what article it was in though

I hope so . And he should have a scene with Alpha, so it's like Mal and Wash reunited again .

michael_LB92

[163]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 24
    That means she's lying. No one listen to her!

michael_LB92

[164]Jul 9, 2009
    Damn you, Twisted. Seconds before me... anyway, back to spoilers. Yeah. I hope Summer Glau is in the second season. With November. And Amy Acker... can the show afford this many people?

spikemaniac

[165]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 50
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

I hope so . And he should have a scene with Alpha, so it's like Mal and Wash reunited again .

Oh that would be so hot. They should get nakey.

TesserT

[166]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 81
    Exclusive clips from the unaired Season 1 episode Epitaph One

Season 1 - Epitaph One Sneak Peek!

Another Epitaph One Sneak Peek

___Mr_Nasty___

[167]Jul 15, 2009
    SMEXY!!

dollhouse360i

[169]Jul 17, 2009
    • level: 2

Thanks TesserT for letting everyone know about the Epitaph One clips! I just wanted to give a quick heads up that Meebo is featuring exclusive clips of Joss Whedon discussing Dollhouse that users can share with their friends (topics include the making of the series, casting, and Season 2):

http://www.meebo.com/share/fox_dollhouse

-Matt (360i on behalf of Fox Home Entertainment)

Edited on 07/17/2009 8:01am

ausgurl_12

[170]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 16
    Shooting for season 2 starts in about 24hrs!!!!

Igarka

[171]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 12

Only possibly a bit of Summer Glau but a few epps with Alexis Denisof.

http://io9.com/5322494/dollhouse-brings-the-end-of-the-world-and-we-beg-for-more

michael_LB92

[172]Jul 26, 2009
    Yay. Alexis. I'd love for SMG or Aly Hannigan to be in an episode or something.

dollhouse360i

[173]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 2

Glad to see you are all excited for season 2. I wanted to remind you that season 1 of Dollhouse comes out on Blu-ray and DVD today, including the unaired pilot and Epitaph One episode (the latter will definitely have an impact on stories in the upcoming season).

Also, here is a video of Joss discussing the release and some previews of the bonus material: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8TAx9wxkq0

Edited on 07/29/2009 12:34pm

CWer1992

[174]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 6
    Well Nathan is wasting his amazing talent over on "Castle" so he's gonna be a no show this season and Alyson Hannigan is on "How I Met Your Mother" so she won't be on either.But YAY Alexis and Summer thats like the most awsomest casting news since I heard Amy Acker was joining the cast!Just a thought with all this returning whedonverse actors I've been thinking which ones are actually not a regular on a show?Off the top of MY head:
    Emma Caulfield (Buffy)
    Charisma Carpenter (BTVS,Angel)
    James Marsters (BTVS,Angel)
    Amber Benson (BTVS)
    SMG (Buffy herself)-Although I think she just did a pilot for HBO

TwistedConverse

[175]Jul 28, 2009
    I dunno if she's a regular but Charisma Carpenter is joining Legend Of The Seeker.

CWer1992

[176]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 6
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    I dunno if she's a regular but Charisma Carpenter is joining Legend Of The Seeker.

Nope she's a guest star!but Adam Baldwin (Chuck),Nathan Fillion (Castle),Morcena Baccrain (V) and Michelle Traghtenberg (Mercy) are all tied up and Amy Acker,Alan Tudyk,Eliza Dushku,Summer Glau,Felicia Day and Alexis Denisof are all on the show.Which pretty much leaves everyone else.

alias571

[177]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 18

EPISODE 2.02 will apparently be called Belle Chose, and according to Alyson Hannigan's twitter is the first one with Alexis Denisof who is scheduled to appear in 4 episodes.

EPISODE 2.04 will apparently be called Belonging.

Casting Call for Episode 2.03:
    [NATE JORDAN] Male, Early to mid 30's. Very attractive. Likable but with a distinct edge. Please submit all ethnicities. BIG GUEST STAR.
    [NOREEN] Female, Late 20's to Early 30's. A hot, smart go-getter. Please Submit All Ethnicities. ONE DAY GUEST STAR
    [CINDY] Female, early to mid 30s. Cute and smart politician's wife (think young Hillary Clinton). Please submit all ethnicities. GUEST STAR RECURRING.

Casting Call for Episode 2.04:
    [MATTHEW HARDING] Male, mid 30s to mid 50s. A powerful businessman, MUST HAVE STRONG PRESENCE. Please submit all ethnicities. GUEST STAR, PROBABLE RECURRING.

Just rumors for now. Source is spoilertv.blogspot.com.

Lady_Lancaster

[178]Aug 13, 2009
    • level: 41
    I read something in a magazine yesterday about Dollhouse only being given a limited number of episodes to "prove itself" in the ratings, otherwise, it will be axed due to its low first season ratings. This is a pretty frequent occurrence with shows which don't rate well. NOT that I want it to happen, but how many episodes and ratings would they normally take into account before they axe something? It's usually 4 or 5 in this part of the world.

TwistedConverse

[179]Aug 13, 2009
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    I read something in a magazine yesterday about Dollhouse only being given a limited number of episodes to "prove itself" in the ratings, otherwise, it will be axed due to its low first season ratings. This is a pretty frequent occurrence with shows which don't rate well. NOT that I want it to happen, but how many episodes and ratings would they normally take into account before they axe something? It's usually 4 or 5 in this part of the world.

That's incorrect, I think. I read an interview with Kevin Reilly (boss guy at Fox) and he said the show only has to maintain it's S1 ratings to stay on air.

michael_LB92

[180]Aug 13, 2009
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:

That's incorrect, I think. I read an interview with Kevin Reilly (boss guy at Fox) and he said the show only has to maintain it's S1 ratings to stay on air.

I read the same thing. FOX has agreed to let Joss do whatever he wants with the show as long as he maintains the same audience as season one. So far, the show has a definite 13 episode order, although FOX has been known to cut down orders due to feeling-like-cancelling.