Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

one big problem

  • Avatar of jack756

    jack756

    [1]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 02/10/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,509
    whats the one big problem you have with the show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jack756

    jack756

    [2]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 02/10/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,509
    the biggest problem i have is when echo is imprinted with stuff it says she is suppose to be the best but if thats truth why did that fbi agent ballard got chances to hit her when echo was imprinted to be the best fighter if anything echo should have beat ballard but she almost lost the fight.so my biggest problem is when she program to the best fighter she never is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [3]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    My biggest problem with the show is that it started out a lot weaker than it should have. IMO, there were too many stand alone episode that didn't contribute enough to the overall arc.

    Also, I'm still wondering (spoiler for Briar Rose)

    ***SPOILER***
    Otherwise, it's all good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [4]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957

    jack756 wrote:
    the biggest problem i have is when echo is imprinted with stuff it says she is suppose to be the best but if thats truth why did that fbi agent ballard got chances to hit her when echo was imprinted to be the best fighter if anything echo should have beat ballard but she almost lost the fight.so my biggest problem is when she program to the best fighter she never is.


    ***SPOILER***


    so your "problem" is really just you misunderstanding what was going on. It's okay though.

    Such were the number of people whose "problems" with the show weren't really problems at all, I actually toyed with the idea of creating a thread titled something like "Tell me why you don't like Dollhouse and I'll tell you why you're a numpty" but I thought it probably wouldn't be very constructive and would likely get deleted anyway.

    Maybe this thread will suffice.

    Edited on 06/10/2009 11:10am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [5]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957
    lazyjay wrote:
    My biggest problem with the show is that it started out a lot weaker than it should have. IMO, there were too many stand alone episode that didn't contribute enough to the overall arc.

    Also, I'm still wondering (spoiler for Briar Rose)

    ***SPOILER***
    Otherwise, it's all good.


    Yeah the thing from Briar Rose wasn't really a big deal imo but it probably could have used a line or two giving some explanation.

    Jay makes a good point though, this thread should really be spoiler tagged in the title.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kadodian

    Kadodian

    [6]Jun 12, 2009
    • member since: 07/01/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,337
    My biggest problem is that I love it so much If it gets cancelled I'll be crushed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [7]Jun 12, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    ^^ haha me too .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [8]Jun 12, 2009
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    Your problems are lame.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of piranhapete

    piranhapete

    [9]Jun 13, 2009
    • member since: 12/31/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,135
    My main problem with the show is how little it takes itself seriously - some of the less tense moments have very funny quips - that I'm fine with. I'm very fine with even plotlines that mostly provide comic relief, such as the Topher/Sierra birthday "gift". What I don't like so much is how it sometimes inserts humor into scenes that should not be humorous, in tenser situations... I can't think of a ton of examples off the bat, but it happens a lot. The Obama ref. in 1.12 might be one thing that'd be mentioned.
    Maybe it wasn't funny per se, but Dollhouse sometimes tries to be too cute, I think. Whereas if the Dollhouse was actually real, it wouldn't be at all cute/funny - it'd be really gross and disturbing. So it makes it kind of harder for the audience to buy into the story.
    That's my "one big problem." Otherwise, it's just a fantastic show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marto_dd

    marto_dd

    [10]Jun 24, 2009
    • member since: 03/31/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,153

    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    lazyjay wrote:
    My biggest problem with the show is that it started out a lot weaker than it should have. IMO, there were too many stand alone episode that didn't contribute enough to the overall arc. Also, I'm still wondering (spoiler for Briar Rose)
    ***SPOILER***
    Otherwise, it's all good.
    Yeah the thing from Briar Rose wasn't really a big deal imo but it probably could have used a line or two giving some explanation. Jay makes a good point though, this thread should really be spoiler tagged in the title.

    I have to rewatch that episode again, but I actually never got who hired Echo for the job.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ___Mr_Nasty___

    ___Mr_Nasty___

    [11]Jun 24, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 12,957
    marto_dd wrote:
    I have to rewatch that episode again, but I actually never got who hired Echo for the job.


    The one in Briar Rose? It was never stated specifically but it's implied, I thought, that Topher took a personal interest in it and persuaded Adelle to do it pro bono.

    I think, based on interviews from before the show aired, the idea was that even if the Dollhouse received no payment, some "good deeds" would be of benefit to the Actives mentally (and physically?).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Vesper-Lynd

    Vesper-Lynd

    [12]Jun 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/28/09
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,444

    Echo's imprints. They're all so similar.They all start out as unique, different individuals but once something goes wrong, they morph into this badass, kickass, tough chick. It's loads of fun, but a wider range of reactions (to the situations) would certainly be welcome. I mean the guy doesn't always have to get his ass handed to him, right? Even though it totally rocks.

    And Alpha could have been so much eviler, but I'm willing to chalk that up to his crapload of personalities fighting for power.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [13]Jul 4, 2009
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    marto_dd wrote:
    I have to rewatch that episode again, but I actually never got who hired Echo for the job.


    The one in Briar Rose? It was never stated specifically but it's implied, I thought, that Topher took a personal interest in it and persuaded Adelle to do it pro bono.

    I think, based on interviews from before the show aired, the idea was that even if the Dollhouse received no payment, some "good deeds" would be of benefit to the Actives mentally (and physically?).


    It also helps with Adelle's conscience (along with other people working at the Dollhouse). That they can believe once in a while they are doing good deeds and helping people out of "kindness".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [14]Jul 4, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    Adelle is a complicated woman.

    She should so get more screentime!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PiperPrueLover4

    PiperPrueLover4

    [15]Jul 4, 2009
    • member since: 05/20/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,996
    My biggest problem is that Amy Acker isn't a regular cast member.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [16]Jul 4, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    My biggest problem is that Amy Acker isn't a regular cast member.


    Yes, they must make her a regular soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [17]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    My biggest problem is that Amy Acker isn't a regular cast member.


    Yes, they must make her a regular soon.


    Except she's a regular on a new show now
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistedConverse

    TwistedConverse

    [18]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,834
    thetruesora wrote:
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    My biggest problem is that Amy Acker isn't a regular cast member.


    Yes, they must make her a regular soon.


    Except she's a regular on a new show now


    I know . I can't see Happy Town going far though, the trailer was awful.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [19]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    Vesper-Lynd wrote:
    Echo's imprints. They're all so similar.They all start out as unique, different individuals but once something goes wrong, they morph into this badass, kickass, tough chick.
    I agree for the most part, they all seem to have this near identical heroine type attitude and Eliza's monotonous acting style doesn't help.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [20]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,755
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Vesper-Lynd wrote:
    Echo's imprints. They're all so similar.They all start out as unique, different individuals but once something goes wrong, they morph into this badass, kickass, tough chick.
    I agree for the most part, they all seem to have this near identical heroine type attitude and Eliza's monotonous acting style doesn't help.

    Ugh this annoys me too. It's the biggest (possibly only) problem I have with the show. Please make Eliza helpless. I want to see her cry. CRY!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.