Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Season 2 or Not, Fox Better Let Dollhouse "Conclude"

grailwolf

[21]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 55
    Rebel-Man wrote:
    *Runs in*

Ghost Whisperer with a repeat pulled 7 million viewers this past Friday. Just thought I'd say we need to stop blaming Friday, let's blame somethign else

*runs out*

I have to say again: the fact that one show is doing well on Friday (and only reasonably well, at that) does not mean that Friday is not a bad night. That is just faulty logic.

The numbers as a whole on Friday night are lower than the numbers from Monday through Thursday. There are, quantifiably, fewer people watching TV on Fridays, especially in younger demographics (which is the primary demo for most science fiction, fantasy, and horror). Ghost Whisperer is an exception because it appeals to fans of romance, who tend to be older and more likely to be in on Fridays.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

toxic_boy21

[22]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    Rebel-Man wrote:
    *Runs in*

Ghost Whisperer with a repeat pulled 7 million viewers this past Friday. Just thought I'd say we need to stop blaming Friday, let's blame somethign else

*runs out*

Not trying to sound rude buuut Ghost Whisperer is sort of an "older audience" show ... younger audiences are just not there Friday nights..

kikimarie593

[23]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 27

toxic_boy21 wrote:
    Rebel-Man wrote:
    *Runs in* Ghost Whisperer with a repeat pulled 7 million viewers this past Friday. Just thought I'd say we need to stop blaming Friday, let's blame somethign else *runs out*
    Not trying to sound rude buuut Ghost Whisperer is sort of an "older audience" show ... younger audiences are just not there Friday nights..

What do you mean Ghost Whisperer is for an older audience? I'm 14 and I watch the show every week. And I know a lot of people my age who also watch it. I think Ghost Whisperer attracts people of all ages.

michael_LB92

[24]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 24
    I'm 16 and enjoy the show (Ghost Whisperer), but I think the poster means that it is mainly for older women who enjoy romance. I think it's easy for everyone to enjoy it though, as it is a fairly simple, light-hearted, tear-jerking show (most of the time). But yeah, I think it's mostly for an older audience though.

toxic_boy21

[25]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 13
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I agree. Friday is known for low ratings, but we know shows can get high ratings. IMO, very little of this is FOX's fault. And the fact is that just sitting around being angry at FOX, saying how they're screwed everything up, won't do any good.

I'm sure Joss has given an ending for this season in case the show does get cancelled.

Exactly, that's what I meant to say. Of course younger people watch too - but the demographic they go after and capture the most in that Friday timeslot is their older one.

melliecho

[26]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    Joss should come over to Britain (I know Dollhouse is beginning airing over here on the13th May) but rating such as 670,000 (Red Dwarf) is considered as 'successful'. So his shows would never get cancelled over here