Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

The Dollhouse Official Off-Topic Thread

grailwolf

[1]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 55

This thread is just what it says. Here is a place where forum members can just chat about the show or whatever else they feel like. Basic rules of TOS still apply (so... be cool to each other) but no one will be moderated for being "off-topic" in here unless they are being really obnoxious and disrupting the existing conversation.

Please avoid "spamming" this thread. In other words, a few messages back and forth between two or more users is fine, but if a personal or small-group conversation goes more than a few messages, please take it to a blog (you can even leave a link to the rest of the conversation in case anyone wants to follow you). This is sort of a situational rule. I won't give you hard numbers or anything, but we should all be able to use common sense to know when a simple conversation is turning into spam or a thread hijack.

As for the rest of the thread, remember that a couple off-topic posts is not a problem. But if you want to do more than make a single comment, please take it to this thread or to a blog.

LOCATION: Most threads of this sort have a location. That is, they pretend to take place in an area that is important in the series they are discussing.

Unfortunately, we have very little to base such a decision on until we see more of the show itself. Once the first season begins we should be able to come up with a location that makes sense. At that point we can either start a new thread or rename this one. Until then, though, have fun! I want this forum to become one of the premiere spots for Dollhouse fans to gather, and given the history of some of the other forums on TV.com, I think that is entirely possible.

Hail, all, and well met.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NJZ

[2]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 29
    Thanks for setting this up Grailwolf. I love the off-topic threads on the Buffy board and if this one is anything like those, it should be great.

So, does someone wanna start off the off-topicness?

asutho

[3]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 17
    ok, so how bout them um i dunno

well yay only like 4 months till Dollhouse

um not off topic, but I guess that makes it off topic I dunno

efc91

[4]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 39
    asutho wrote:
    ok, so how bout them um i dunno

well yay only like 4 months till Dollhouse

um not off topic, but I guess that makes it off topic I dunno
    Four months doesn't sound as long as Jan 09

allaboutmoxie

[5]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    Oh, but four months is a very long time when it comes to waiting for Dollhouse

NJZ

[6]Sep 8, 2008
    It really is. But we have other shows to keep us busy whilst we wait.

spikemaniac

[7]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 50
    Poo.
    Joss is such a perfectionist.
    *sighs*

grailwolf

[8]Sep 12, 2008
    Yeah, and that's probably a big part of why we all love his work so much.

I'm cool with it, it's not going to delay the premiere or anything.

Oh, and this thread is allowed to be on-topic too.

michael_LB92

[9]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 24
    allaboutmoxie wrote:
    Oh, but four months is a very long time when it comes to waiting for Dollhouse

That's why we shouldn't have gotten rid of the Can't-Wait-For-Dollhouse thread. ... nah, I'll let it go.

So... er... a Veronica Mars movie might happen... anyone else excited? NJZ? asutho? grailwolf?

SVU_Obsessed

[10]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    If Dollhouse gets cancelled I swear I will never watch another show on FOX ever again! (But I might cheat by watching reruns of Family Guy on TBS). After what the network did to both Joss Whedon (Firefly) and Eliza Dushku (Tru Calling) they really owe them. And what's with the 7.4 rating of the show? It hasn't even premiered yet and people are giving it low scores, what's up with that?

michael_LB92

[11]Sep 19, 2008
    Really, TV.com shouldn't allow anyone to rate Dollhouse. People who rate it highly, purely on the fact that Joss is behind it, are just as bad as those who rate it poorly, probably on the fact that they don't like the concept, trailer, or for some reason, don't like Joss.

You cannot judge a TV show from a 2-minute preview and 90 second clip. Fair enough if it doesn't capture your interest, but it doesn't mean you should jump onto TV.com and say it's a crap show. *ARG*

grailwolf

[12]Sep 19, 2008
    Actually, ratings aren't supposed to be allowed if a show hasn't aired yet. It looks like this is another bug that the redesign has uncovered.

As for the "Can't Wait" thread, I did leave it open for more than a week asking if anyone objected to closing it.

And honestly, it had gotten so off-track and full of spam that any original purpose was lost. This thread, though, is open for any topic, so go ahead and express your can't-wait-itude here and then when that gets boring start up a real conversation.

Besides, I hate watching "can't wait" threads descend into uselessness. After a while everyone has already expressed how much they can't wait, and they either repeat themselves or drift away to other threads. There are a few "Yup... Still, um... can't wait... Y'know, for the show..." type posts and then a flurry of excited (It's almost here!) posts just before the show airs, and then the thread is done. There is no way it can ever have any use again. Maybe you could use it to grumble during the summer hiatus, but by then it's been months since anyone has posted in the thread and you're technically violating the TOS by reviving a dead topic.

I dunno, it just seems sort of pointless.

NJZ

[13]Sep 19, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    So... er... a Veronica Mars movie might happen... anyone else excited? NJZ? asutho? grailwolf?

Yeppers. Very excited. Not putting too much hope into it actually happening though. Rob is the one who needs to put everything in motion. KB's already expressed interest in it so I don't think getting her would be a problem unless she really had scheduling problems with other projects. And since no-one's career has really taken off since VM ended, I think they could definitely bring most of the cast back. Again, schedule-allowing. Having said that though, a lot of stars would have to align to make it happen. So, yeah, I'm hoping it does happen (as long as the ending of TBIB isn't ruined by it) but I'm not betting on it actually coming into fruition.

michael_LB92

[14]Sep 21, 2008
    grailwolf wrote:
    Actually, ratings aren't supposed to be allowed if a show hasn't aired yet. It looks like this is another bug that the redesign has uncovered.

But I thought people were complaining about this even before the redesigning of the website? I could be wrong, or there might've been a glitch back then as well. I dunno.

grailwolf wrote:
    As for the "Can't Wait" thread, I did leave it open for more than a week asking if anyone objected to closing it.

[...]

I dunno, it just seems sort of pointless.

Nah, I totally got it the first time... sorry for making you write all that.

grailwolf

[15]Sep 22, 2008
    It's possible that the glitch that allowed ratings for unaired shows appeared again before the redesign, but I didn't notice whether or not that was the case. It's also possible that the information was entered incorrectly at first. Basically, an episode has to have a future airdate in order to disallow ratings. We still don't know the exact date for the pilot, so maybe the first person who entered the info left that field blank. This would allow people to rate the show and episode.

It's now set up with the correct month and year (and will have the correct day when we find that out) so it shouldn't be allowing ratings, but it still seems like it is.

Either way, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

SVU_Obsessed

[16]Sep 23, 2008
    Yeah I've noticed that you can't rate eps until they've aired so that's something. Anyone know the actual time when Dollhouse will be airing?

michael_LB92

[17]Sep 23, 2008
    Mondays, I think? I don't live in the U.S, so I'm not really that fussed.
    Edited on 09/23/2008 8:57pm

NJZ

[18]Sep 24, 2008
    Yeah, I think it's Mondays. It'll be taking over from Prison Break's slot (whenever that is), I think. I'm not fussed either coz I don't live in the US.

SVU_Obsessed

[19]Sep 24, 2008
    Well I know the day, but I mean like the actual time? Like 8:00 or 9:00?

michael_LB92

[20]Sep 25, 2008
    No idea, sorry. Can anyone tell me what 9/8c would mean or something similar? Because, whenever I watch promos on YouTube for something, it might say something like that, but I have no idea what it means. In Australia, we just say the actual time. Like "8.30"