TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

The Dollhouse Official Off-Topic Thread

  • Avatar of JennaNJ

    JennaNJ

    [67161]Mar 8, 2013
    • member since: 09/30/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 14,449
    lazyjay wrote:
    JennaNJ wrote:
    Yay! Congrats Jay =D

    Thank you, Jenna!!

    I think it's interesting that you posted that exactly to the minute the same time that I arrived at my trans support group meeting tonight, 10 minutes late! Are you spying on me?


    Haha! Awesome timing or maybe I am..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67162]Mar 10, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    JennaNJ wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    JennaNJ wrote:
    I miss what we used to be *cries*


    *Slides across the floor in your tears* Weeeeee!


    Haha! Hey at least my tears are bringing some joy


    Oh Sara, you rock.

    lazyjay wrote:
    Here's a happy! I'm sure you all know this already because FB but just in case you didn't see it... I've started HRT! Spironolactone to block the effects of androgens (mostly testosterone) and estradiol (an estrogen) and oh my goodness, I can't properly describe how good I feel... it's kinda like taking antidepressants that actually work! Friday will be 2 weeks!


    So happy to hear it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JennaNJ

    JennaNJ

    [67163]Mar 10, 2013
    • member since: 09/30/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 14,449
    This is me being fun again! Uhh So.. whats up?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67164]Mar 10, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    JennaNJ wrote:
    This is me being fun again! Uhh So.. whats up?


    Well I have to go to sleep pretty much right now to be up for work, which is at 4:00 AM but will feel like 3:00 because of Daylight Savings Time. So I'm not much fun right now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JennaNJ

    JennaNJ

    [67165]Mar 10, 2013
    • member since: 09/30/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 14,449
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    JennaNJ wrote:
    This is me being fun again! Uhh So.. whats up?


    Well I have to go to sleep pretty much right now to be up for work, which is at 4:00 AM but will feel like 3:00 because of Daylight Savings Time. So I'm not much fun right now.


    Dude I don't blame you! I have to be up at 6:30am. This is not helping making us *look* fun again
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [67166]Mar 10, 2013
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    Lets have a party! I'll bring the chips!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67167]Mar 11, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    Can it be a kiki? Let's have a kiki!
    Sorry, feeling Scissor Sistery.

    Now, when you say chips, do you mean American chips or British chips?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [67168]Mar 11, 2013
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    Can it be a kiki? Let's have a kiki!

    Lock the door!

    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    Now, when you say chips, do you mean American chips or British chips?
    Crisps then.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67169]Mar 15, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    I can't believe a Veronica Mars movie is really happening!

    And it's currently been funded $1.38 million beyond its $2 million goal, with 28 days to go.

    Bliss.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [67170]Mar 15, 2013
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    That's awesome! But... wouldn't the main cast be kind of... I dunno, old for high school? Unless maybe it's set in grad school or something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67171]Mar 15, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    lazyjay wrote:
    That's awesome! But... wouldn't the main cast be kind of... I dunno, old for high school? Unless maybe it's set in grad school or something.


    Apparently the movie will feature their 10-year high school reunion.
    There's a small teaser summary on the Kickstarter's page.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [67172]Mar 16, 2013
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    lazyjay wrote:
    That's awesome! But... wouldn't the main cast be kind of... I dunno, old for high school? Unless maybe it's set in grad school or something.


    Apparently the movie will feature their 10-year high school reunion.
    There's a small teaser summary on the Kickstarter's page.
    That makes more sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JennaNJ

    JennaNJ

    [67173]Mar 16, 2013
    • member since: 09/30/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 14,449
    Plus they were already in college when the show ended.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kikimarie593

    kikimarie593

    [67174]Mar 17, 2013
    • member since: 07/30/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,540
    Did any of you donate to it? I gave like $25, so basically I funded pretty much the entire thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67175]Mar 17, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    I pledged more than I can probably afford to, but the way I see it, this isn't just about the Veronica Mars movie. It's an investment. It's setting a precedent for every other TV series and movie series that deserves another installment, that they can go to the fans without some cock-blocking CEO stopping the process because he thinks his wallet won't get fat enough. This could be the future of televisual entertainment, and at the very least, it's a step in the right direction.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kikimarie593

    kikimarie593

    [67176]Mar 17, 2013
    • member since: 07/30/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,540
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    I pledged more than I can probably afford to, but the way I see it, this isn't just about the Veronica Mars movie. It's an investment. It's setting a precedent for every other TV series and movie series that deserves another installment, that they can go to the fans without some cock-blocking CEO stopping the process because he thinks his wallet won't get fat enough. This could be the future of televisual entertainment, and at the very least, it's a step in the right direction.


    This sounds like a speech. *stands up and claps* Bravo, well said!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67177]Mar 18, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    I pledged more than I can probably afford to, but the way I see it, this isn't just about the Veronica Mars movie. It's an investment. It's setting a precedent for every other TV series and movie series that deserves another installment, that they can go to the fans without some cock-blocking CEO stopping the process because he thinks his wallet won't get fat enough. This could be the future of televisual entertainment, and at the very least, it's a step in the right direction.


    This sounds like a speech. *stands up and claps* Bravo, well said!


    Edited on 03/18/2013 1:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fatfreeoreos

    fatfreeoreos

    [67178]Mar 24, 2013
    • member since: 07/21/05
    • level: 40
    • rank: Bewitched
    • posts: 33,588
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    lazyjay wrote:
    That's awesome! But... wouldn't the main cast be kind of... I dunno, old for high school? Unless maybe it's set in grad school or something.


    Apparently the movie will feature their 10-year high school reunion.
    There's a small teaser summary on the Kickstarter's page.


    I am so happy about this. I feel like rewatching VM, but I still have so many other shows on my list to catch up on and watch, starting with Bones and SPN seasons 8 and Fringe season 5. I feel like such a bad fan. But I got my BF all into Fringe. We just finished watching season 2. I'd nearly forgotten how awesome it was. Nearly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [67179]Mar 25, 2013
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    Creating new Fringeophiles is a noble pursuit. I salute you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lazyjay

    lazyjay

    [67180]Apr 11, 2013
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 16,683
    17 days. I believe 17 is Kat's favorite number. Or if not 'favorite' then at least one she mentioned at one point in some kind of numerical context. Trust me, I'm a math geek.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.