Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

The Dollhouse Official Off-Topic Thread

NJZ

[101]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 29

Yay, new people joined.

Vital_Shot wrote:
    I really like your T:TSCC banner, NJZ. Photoshop Elements 6.0 can't do that.

Thanks. I use Ulead Photo Express. It's got such a simple interface and making banners is so easy. I don't like programs where you have to use a flippin' tutorial to figure out how it works. It's why I don't use Photoshop or GIMP (I had Photoshop 7.0 once on my old computer and I used it for a few hours but gave up coz it just wouldn't do what I wanted it to). I like stuff where you basically click and learn. That's the best way, really.

As for the Buffy Paley DVD, whilst it may be worth it, I kinda can't be bothered to look for it in the UK. When the Paley thing first happened, I just listened to it online so I basically know everything they said. You can Google "Joss'd The Podcast" and it might come up but it might have been deleted by now.

The Anya thing, once it's explained by Emma C, in The Body is so hilarious. I was laughing so hard when she explained it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Vital_Shot

[102]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 25
    NJZ wrote:
    The Anya thing, once it's explained by Emma C, in The Body is so hilarious. I was laughing so hard when she explained it.

I thought it was horrible! Hopefully the fan that asked her watched/listened the Paley Festival panel, because I'd hate to meet a Buffy star and them to tell me that. I was moved by Anya's "speech" in The Body. Sucks to hear her say that, but she still did an amazing job.

AuntArlene

[103]Oct 26, 2008
    • level: 24
    New Joss postage up at Whedonesque. It's flagged as spoilery, but I read it and I'm not exactly sure why.

Vital_Shot

[104]Oct 26, 2008
    AuntArlene wrote:
    New Joss postage up at Whedonesque. It's flagged as spoilery, but I read it and I'm not exactly sure why.

Thank you! His post was amazing and makes me want to jump around screaming "Dollhouse, Dollhouse, Dollhouse!" If you choose not to read it,
    ***SPOILER***
    AHH! I'm excited.
    Edited on 10/26/2008 8:39pm

SVU_Obsessed

[105]Oct 26, 2008
    • level: 22
    Vital_Shot wrote:
    AuntArlene wrote:

Thank you! His post was amazing and makes me want to jump around screaming "Dollhouse, Dollhouse, Dollhouse!" If you choose not to read it, the only spoilerly thing was that he disposed of some characters because it didn't make sense for them to be included in the show.

AHH! I'm excited.

Gah! What if someone didn't want to read it because they didn't want to read the spoilers and you just threw them out there! I'm not one of those people because I plan on reading the entry, but just be mindful before ya post spoilers because if they chose not to read it they probably don't want someone posting the spoilers, just a thought. And I know it wasn't really spoilerish, but still.

Vital_Shot

[106]Oct 26, 2008
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    Vital_Shot wrote:
    AuntArlene wrote:

Thank you! His post was amazing and makes me want to jump around screaming "Dollhouse, Dollhouse, Dollhouse!" If you choose not to read it,
    ***SPOILER***
    AHH! I'm excited.

Gah! What if someone didn't want to read it because they didn't want to read the spoilers and you just threw them out there! I'm not one of those people because I plan on reading the entry, but just be mindful before ya post spoilers because if they chose not to read it they probably don't want someone posting the spoilers, just a thought. And I know it wasn't really spoilerish, but still.

I only said that because the whole post that Joss made told the reader word for word what was happening to the show. I was just giving a general update for those who didn't want to be spoiler freaks and read everything. I didn't give specifics, so I don't see the big deal. If my post was filled with spoilers and discussing the entry in detail, I wouldn't hesitate to use the spoiler tags. My apologizes though, I'll be more mindful next time.
    Edited on 10/26/2008 8:40pm

michael_LB92

[107]Oct 27, 2008
    Does that mean...
    ***SPOILER***

Vital_Shot

[108]Oct 27, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Does that mean...
    ***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 10/27/2008 3:51am

NJZ

[109]Oct 27, 2008
    Oh my word, Joss had me in hysterics whilst reading that. Never mind the info about Dollhouse, the entry itself was just too hilarious. None of the changes seem all that drastic to me since they're mostly just about moving the cast from one place to another (I won't go into details) and as long as both Joss and Eliza are onboard, I don't think I'd even give a damn if this show changed it's whole synopsis. I'd still watch religiously. But I am glad that the show sounds like it's going to be very very good. And Flim Flinear? LMAO at how thinly-veiled that is.
    Vital_Shot wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

I thought it was horrible! Hopefully the fan that asked her watched/listened the Paley Festival panel, because I'd hate to meet a Buffy star and them to tell me that. I was moved by Anya's "speech" in The Body. Sucks to hear her say that, but she still did an amazing job.

Whilst it does negate her amazing performance in the episode, I still found it ridiculously funny. Mostly because that's so not what anyone expected her to say at all. I don't think I'll ever look at that scene in the same way again though which is a shame since it's so great BECAUSE of that very same performance. And knowing now a little background behind it, it makes the scene less awesome.

michael_LB92

[110]Oct 27, 2008
    What did she say?

NJZ

[111]Oct 28, 2008

I can't quite remember the exact quote since it was months ago but she said something like how...

***SPOILER***

I dunno if I've got that completely right. But that's the gist. It's funnier in context, IMO.

michael_LB92

[112]Oct 29, 2008

NJZ wrote:
    But that's the gist. It's funnier in context, IMO.

oh, I sort of see that. In her posture during that scene.

NJZ

[113]Oct 30, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:

NJZ wrote:

Haha, lol I need to rewatch that scene. Actually, I need to rewatch ALL of BtVS. It's going on 5 years since I last did.

michael_LB92

[114]Nov 3, 2008
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

NJZ wrote:

Haha, lol I need to rewatch that scene. Actually, I need to rewatch ALL of BtVS. It's going on 5 years since I last did.

I was really surprised to hear you hadn't bought them all yet. I always rewatch random episodes. The other day I rewatched Surprise, Innocence, Phases and Bewitched, Bebothered, and Bewildered... or whatever that episode where Xander casts a love spell is.

It was awesome fun.

NJZ

[115]Nov 3, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

NJZ wrote:

I was really surprised to hear you hadn't bought them all yet. I always rewatch random episodes. The other day I rewatched Surprise, Innocence, Phases and Bewitched, Bebothered, and Bewildered... or whatever that episode where Xander casts a love spell is.

It was awesome fun.

I have seasons 1, 3 and 4. But I want to get 2 before I start the great rewatch. I dunno whether to just get the entire series in one go or just get 2, 5, 6 and 7 separately. And since I don't even have time right now to watch other stuff, let alone rewatch Buffy, I think waiting til I do have time is the best idea since the price is likely to go down by then.I do sometimes watch random episodes. A few months ago, I watched "Enemies" which was awesomeness to the max. I really want to watch all those episodes you mentioned coz Season 2 is the fuzziest for me. I remember the overall arc but I've forgotten all the standalone stuff. And I'm pretty sure that episode is called "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" - No "be" on the second word but it does make it sound funnier .

___Mr_Nasty___

[116]Nov 4, 2008
    The bit in The Body where Anya starts crying about how Joyce won't be able to eat any more jelly donuts or something? Worst 30 seconds in the entire episode if you ask me (which you didn't but, oh well ).

Anyway, this forum is about Dollhouse, people, Dollhouse!

Well, except this is the off topic thread.

Hmmm.

SVU_Obsessed

[117]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 22
    Garg! I'm finally able to get back on here! Internet aircard issues. Damn AT&T!!! Another month down, only a few more to go before Dollhouse!!!

michael_LB92

[118]Nov 5, 2008
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

NJZ wrote:

It was awesome fun.

I have seasons 1, 3 and 4. But I want to get 2 before I start the great rewatch. I dunno whether to just get the entire series in one go or just get 2, 5, 6 and 7 separately. And since I don't even have time right now to watch other stuff, let alone rewatch Buffy, I think waiting til I do have time is the best idea since the price is likely to go down by then.I do sometimes watch random episodes. A few months ago, I watched "Enemies" which was awesomeness to the max. I really want to watch all those episodes you mentioned coz Season 2 is the fuzziest for me. I remember the overall arc but I've forgotten all the standalone stuff. And I'm pretty sure that episode is called "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" - No "be" on the second word but it does make it sound funnier .

Is bebothered even a word?

___Mr_Nasty___

[119]Nov 5, 2008
    It's when you spend too much time on Bebo and pass out.

NJZ

[120]Nov 5, 2008
    LMAO. I've never actually known what Bebo is. Is it just like facebook and myspace?