Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

The Dollhouse Official Off-Topic Thread

BuffyAngeMaxTru

[121]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 8

I can't wait to see what this is like.
    I was a huge Buffy & Angel fan & to be done by the same person, hmm.
    Interesting... will definetly be watching this.
    sucks that Eliza's previous show was cancelled. Tru Calling i actually liked. lol.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

michael_LB92

[122]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 24
    NJZ wrote:
    LMAO. I've never actually known what Bebo is. Is it just like facebook and myspace?

I'm not too sure either. I always thought it was like a Habbo-Hotel, where people spend real-life money on their online fake-life. Seems sorta sad, IMO, but I've never tried it.

It could be a MySpace/Facebook thing. I'll Google it now.

According to wikipedia, it is pretty much another MySpace/Facebook. Just less popular or well known, maybe?

NJZ

[123]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 29
    I don't get the point of having the same thing, just on a different website with a different name. Apparently, there's also a spacebook.

NJZ

[124]Nov 6, 2008
    I know we finished talking about this ages ago but I just rewatched "The Body" and I really don't see the Emma C thing. I mean, yeah, I notice the posture. But there's nothing there that suggests she actually needed to you know. Maybe she's just that good.

AuntArlene

[125]Nov 8, 2008
    ___Mr_Nasty___ wrote:
    The bit in The Body where Anya starts crying about how Joyce won't be able to eat any more jelly donuts or something? Worst 30 seconds in the entire episode if you ask me (which you didn't but, oh well ).

Anyway, this forum is about Dollhouse, people, Dollhouse!

Well, except this is the off topic thread.

Hmmm.

I don't know who you are anymore. I LOVE that moment and it's been well documented that I'm dead inside.

michael_LB92

[126]Nov 9, 2008
    NJZ wrote:
    I don't get the point of having the same thing, just on a different website with a different name. Apparently, there's also a spacebook.

They should have a MyFace.

NJZ

[127]Nov 9, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

LMAO What's even funnier is that I googled it and there already is one. It's so silly. I stay away, far away, from site's like that.Don't even have a myspace or facebook account myself.My friends are always asking to me to get them but I don't see the point since I already have the phone numbers of those people anyway. And for those that aren't in the same country as me, that's what IM and emailing is for.

michael_LB92

[128]Nov 9, 2008
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

LMAO What's even funnier is that I googled it and there already is one. It's so silly. I stay away, far away, from site's like that.Don't even have a myspace or facebook account myself.My friends are always asking to me to get them but I don't see the point since I already have the phone numbers of those people anyway. And for those that aren't in the same country as me, that's what IM and emailing is for.

I have MySpace and Facebook.
    But I never use Facebook; I'll wait 'til I meet the 20-something demographic for that one.

NJZ

[129]Nov 10, 2008
    Facebook is meant to be for 20-somethings? But it seems so...I dunno what the word is but it seems like it's aimed at anyone between 12 and their early 20s, not just 20-somethings.Back at school, I'd overhear conversations where some kid would be like "I'll call you tonight then" and the other person would be like "No, just facebook me innit man." I've never really gotten into the whole social networking thing. Some people are so immature that you just don't want to know them.I prefer a site like this for interacting with new people coz you get to chat about something we all love (that something being tv, obviously) and the general vibe is better. Take the Buffy board for example, which we both go to, the people there are great and I like them all. On Myspace or Facebook, I'd have a seriously hard time not insulting the crap out of some moron.

SVU_Obsessed

[130]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 22
    I'm addicted to myspace, but only because of the game apps they have on there. It's sort of like interacting in a way. The popular apps are Mobsters, Mafia Wars, and my personal favorite is Vampires. You can invite your friends to be in your clan or mafia and you can fight other players and do missions and stuff. Sounds bit childish, but I love it! They have a ton of apps, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be on myspace nearly as much as I am. As for facebook, blah.

michael_LB92

[131]Nov 10, 2008
    NJZ wrote:
    Facebook is meant to be for 20-somethings?

Well, I'm not sure if it's for 20-somethings, but it's definitely got a much older crowd stuck to it than MySpace. As for MySpace apps, I hate them. I never go on those.

I guess I just go on MySpace to really keep in touch with friends. Most of my best friends go to another school, in the same suburb. I still see them every weekend and stuff, but MySpace is my way of talking to them during the week. Or MSN.

NJZ

[132]Nov 11, 2008
    I prefer MSN as a means of keeping in touch with friends. I used to be able to see them all everyday but since school ended, we don't get to see each other often. So MSN is a good way to communicate with them that doesn't drain mobile phone credit.Myspace and Facebook just seem a little impersonal to me.Besides, I don't like the fact that my comments would be available for hundreds of people to see (unless there's a privacy option or something?But even then, won't EVERYONE in your friends list be able to see all your comments?), that creeps me out a little. Not that I mind people reading it, it's just that, if I wanna talk to a friend, I wanna speak to them only. I'd rather not it be broadcast over the net. You know what I mean?

michael_LB92

[133]Nov 12, 2008
    NJZ wrote:
    I prefer MSN as a means of keeping in touch with friends. I used to be able to see them all everyday but since school ended, we don't get to see each other often. So MSN is a good way to communicate with them that doesn't drain mobile phone credit.Myspace and Facebook just seem a little impersonal to me.Besides, I don't like the fact that my comments would be available for hundreds of people to see (unless there's a privacy option or something?But even then, won't EVERYONE in your friends list be able to see all your comments?), that creeps me out a little. Not that I mind people reading it, it's just that, if I wanna talk to a friend, I wanna speak to them only. I'd rather not it be broadcast over the net. You know what I mean?

Yeah. I tend not to post too personal things. Most people hide their comments, but you can easily get into someone's by changing the url. You can always send messages though, but that's just annoying and like email.

NJZ

[134]Nov 12, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Yeah. I tend not to post too personal things. Most people hide their comments, but you can easily get into someone's by changing the url. You can always send messages though, but that's just annoying and like email.

Exactly, if it's like email, why not just email instead?

SVU_Obsessed

[135]Nov 14, 2008
    I have some friends that I'm not too close to so it's better to just message them over myspace. I don't send emails to anyone, I just receive google alerts and whatnot. And I text my good friends like crazy but it's fun to leave weird comments and stuff knowing that other people might read them. If it's something personal I text them. But I basically goof off on myspace and it's just a cool place to meet new people.

If you're not really into to interacting with your friends then I guess myspace wouldn't be that appealing to you. And I use instant messaging too, but when they aren't online I leave comments and pics and stuff. Comments are just comments, it's not asking for you to leave hardcore personal messages.

I also like the fact you can design a page that's YOU, and put all sorts of crap on there. I don't know, it just seems like a way of expressing myself and talking to other people. But we all have our opinions. I don't see myspace as a way of just messaging my friends, I don't use the message thing that much at all on there. But I like the other features.

NJZ

[136]Nov 14, 2008
    You make good points SVU and I get why people like using those kind of sites. It's just not me though.

michael_LB92

[137]Nov 14, 2008
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    I [...] features.

Yeah, what she/he said.

NJZ

[138]Nov 15, 2008
    Haha

SVU_Obsessed

[139]Nov 17, 2008
    I understand, not for everybody. So anyways, heard the date was moved to February for the premiere date of Dollhouse. I can't say that I'm not a bit frustrated. I also heard that it's going to premiere on a Friday instead of a Monday?

TwistedConverse

[140]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 23
    Yeah, that's true. I'm hoping it will be a success. I love Joss' work. Although I haven't seen Firefly yet *hides in shame*