FOX (ended 2010)

The Dollhouse Official Off-Topic Thread

NJZ

[161]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 29
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I'm not really into Angelina Jolie. Of course, I don't know her personally, but I tend to have a dislike for most characters she plays. Has anyone seen Jessica Alba in "The Eye"?

I so want to see it but I haven't...yet. Will do one day.

OK, well when you do, don't expect it to be scary. It has jumpy moments, but it's definitely NOT horror. Stupid video store.

I dont think its just the video store thats stupid. I remember it was advertised as being a horror only for people who saw it to realise it wasnt. I think the only reason it was advertised that way is because it was a Japanese remake.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SVU_Obsessed

[162]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 22
    YAY! I finally got my gold star! Anyways, I'm not much for seeing movies like The Changling. Didn't catch my interest. I'm sure I could have used a word other than bland but since I've been stalking hotel parking lots for their wireless internet service, they've been starting to catch on and some guy who was leaf-blowing the parking lot I was in kept staring at me and raising his leaf-blower like Jason with a machete! So I was trying to post on here and then get off as soon as possible and get the hell outta there.

Ok so I loved Tomb Raider and all, and I like Angelina as an actress, but I'm not much for police mysteries. They just do not keep my attention, and I'm just interested in other genres of movies. Doesn't mean I don't like movies with meaning, just not movies like The Changeling.

NJZ

[163]Dec 6, 2008
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    YAY! I finally got my gold star! Anyways, I'm not much for seeing movies like The Changling. Didn't catch my interest. I'm sure I could have used a word other than bland but since I've been stalking hotel parking lots for their wireless internet service, they've been starting to catch on and some guy who was leaf-blowing the parking lot I was in kept staring at me and raising his leaf-blower like Jason with a machete! So I was trying to post on here and then get off as soon as possible and get the hell outta there.

Ok so I loved Tomb Raider and all, and I like Angelina as an actress, but I'm not much for police mysteries. They just do not keep my attention, and I'm just interested in other genres of movies. Doesn't mean I don't like movies with meaning, just not movies like The Changeling.

Haha at the leaf blower guy. Anyway, Changeling isn't really a police mystery thing. Its more about police corruption.I think part of the reason I really liked it was because it was about one woman fighting against an unjust system [sort of like Veronica Mars but not as cool], especially in the 1920s where women had very few rights. I don't know, I just sort of related to it on a small level. Not the best movie I've seen and it does get little bit cliched at points but its definitely one worth watching.

SVU_Obsessed

[164]Dec 7, 2008
    I'll probably watch it when it comes on satellite. I'm too lazy to go to the movie theaters nowadays, people just piss me off. Anyways I got the alltel aircard thing so now I'm constantly on the internet again! I'm happy. No more stalking for me! But I am sorry to see it go, I'll miss it.

NJZ

[165]Dec 11, 2008
    Wait - you'll miss the stalking?

SVU_Obsessed

[166]Dec 12, 2008
    It was kind of fun...in its own way. Gah I nearly jumped outta my skin when I clicked to go to the Dollhouse page and saw the icon that said 'Watch Now' over the Dollhouse picture. I was like 'no. way.' But alas they were just showing an old interview with Joss and Eliza, guess a tiny inkling was hoping they were showing the pilot...sigh...

michael_LB92

[167]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 24
    Some horrible person on YouTube titled their video "LEAKED Dollhouse Pilot: Part 1"

I clicked on it, only to find some boring home made video about nothing. I didn't bother watching it, I was too annoyed.

NJZ

[168]Dec 13, 2008
    Ugh, I hate it when people do that. Some people on Youtube are such knobs.

SVU_Obsessed

[169]Dec 13, 2008
    Ooooh I saw that awhile ago. I watched the Nurses pilot on youtube (I liked it) and when I saw the Dollhouse pilot I just figured it was my lucky day, but when I saw that the dude had disabled comments I figured it was fake, but at least I got to see one pilot. Feb 13 is so far away!

NJZ

[170]Dec 13, 2008
    You seriously got to see the Nurses pilot? I thought it wasnt even produced? I thought it was just an idea that never got picked up. I never knew they actually made the full episode. Unless of course you were being sarcastic, I can never really tell on here.

SVU_Obsessed

[171]Dec 13, 2008
    Oh no the Nurses pilot is actually on youtube. Just type in 'Nurses Pilot' and it should take you right to it.

NJZ

[172]Dec 14, 2008
    Oh, wow. Thanks. I'm off to watch it now.

NJZ

[173]Dec 14, 2008
    Just watched the opening 5 minutes of Nurses and I was quite interested up until Dushku administered the shot to the crazy guy. I mean, I was already gettting ER vibes but that just kinda took the piss; that scene was almost an exact replica of ER's episode 10x05 and Nurse Sam Taggart's arrival. Damn shame. Will still continue watching though.

NJZ

[174]Dec 14, 2008
    Okay, so I'm done watching it. Overall, I quite liked it (Tom Lenk, what a surprise!) but its one of those shows I could leave easily and not look back (had it actually aired). The only strong - very strong - reason to want to watch it all is Eliza Dushku.

SVU_Obsessed

[175]Dec 14, 2008
    Yeah that's the only reason I would of ever watched it. I think it's in the first vid where I was a bit...shocked at her wardrobe malfunction. But I haven't seen it in a little bit and I think I'm going to rewatch the pilot.

michael_LB92

[176]Dec 14, 2008
    I watched the first 15 minutes of the show. I would've watched more, but I couldn't be bothered seeing as I knew none of the storylines would have anything conclusive and I'd just be wondering what would've come next forever.

SVU_Obsessed

[177]Dec 14, 2008
    Oh come on, that's what I did the first time. But I went back and watched it. I loved it! Ohmigod u have to see it! Plz! I will so give u my gold star!

NJZ

[178]Dec 15, 2008

The gold star you worked so damn hard for? Michael, you know SVU is serious - very serious - when she's willing to give up her gold star for it.

I'd advise you to watch it aswell.I know it does seem pointless when you know there's never gonna be anymore but, going by that logic, why bother ever watching a new show at all? I mean, you never know when any random show is going to be cancelled, so why watch it when you know it could potentially end without any conclusion (a la Tru Calling)? If you dislike the idea of not having any storyline concluded, then you might aswell wait until the show ends and then watch it. I know Nurses is different coz its only one episode but the principle is the same. If, for example, Fox cancelled Dollhouse and you knew it would only have 7 or 13 episodes in total, all to be aired in 2009, would you still watch knowing it could potentially end with a cliffhanger or open-endedly?

Do you get what I mean? I know what I mean but I dont know if anyone else knows what I mean.

SVU_Obsessed

[179]Dec 15, 2008
    That gold star means the world to me and I will give it up in a heartbeat if u watch the rest of the pilot! Don't reply back until you have watched it michael! So off you go now, shoo!

michael_LB92

[180]Dec 16, 2008
    Haha, I get what you mean, NJZ. *sigh*
    Fineeee. I'll watch it tonight. With my new laptop. It's beautiful. I love it... now all I have to do is give my mum ten $100 notes.