Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

The Fan event, "Watch Dollhouse Week"

Ivalaine

[1]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 7

If it's good enough for Chuck fans, it's good enough for the Whedonites.

Follow the link to the website to help people find legal ways to watch an ep a day of Dollhouse this week.

http://www.watchdollhouseweek.com/

Digg it, Tweet about it, put it as your facebook status. Spread the word, and the love of Dollhouse.

Unless you are a Nielsen viewer, your DVR and or Live viewing don't count towards the ratings, but if you watch it online, your viewing is counted. That's the theory. It may no affect Fox's decision to renew DH, but it may force them to realise thagt the Nielsen ratings are not quite as valuable as they need to be in this modern age of watching shows online.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SVU_Obsessed

[2]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 22
    I quoted Eliza saying that they are counting the DVR ratings, so I'm gonna keep believing that

And yay, I've had the link in my signature for the past few hours and have already Tweeted about it. I get a thrill from supporting a show.

buffyTVSrox

[3]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 33
    This is a great idea, and I hope it does some good for Dollhouse. I just feel bad for foreign viewers who can't watch online in a way FOX will care about. At least they can contribute to DVD sales. Speaking of which, the link to Amazon.com's Dollhouse preorder page is in my signature, for anyone interested in supporting the show, watching the episodes again and again, seeing the bonus features and original pilot "Echo", and/or seeing the probably-won't-air last episode.

SVU_Obsessed

[4]Apr 24, 2009

Below is what Eliza recently said.

*There've been some changes inside Fox I don't know if you're aware of … It's not just a Nielsen world anymore. They factor in DVR. They factor in iTunes and Hulu, and we seem to have a pretty rich, pretty strong fan base. People are really getting into the show and [creating good] word of mouth, and the shows are getting more and more complicated and twisted. I feel like people are talking about it even more, and hopefully that gets back to the folks at Fox.*

So here's hoping!

michael_LB92

[5]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 24
    New media has made television ratings nearly obsolete. You can no longer judge a shows popularity on Nielson ratings alone, considering the different ways people can view things now.

I know for a fact that shows like Heroes and Lost would have been much more successful over here if people did not skip ahead with internet downloads, etc.

Because people had already seen them from their computers, why would they bother to watch it on TV when the networks choose to air it? Especially when it's months after it originally aired overseas.

That's why these two shows (and many others) have been given the midnight timeslots over here in Australia, and are getting about 1/3 of the ratings they would if aired simultaneously with America.

Networks need to develop new techniques and ways of making money, because live ratings will only continue to drop if people can just watch it whenever they feel like it without ad breaks.

kikimarie593

[6]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 27

buffyTVSrox wrote:
    This is a great idea, and I hope it does some good for Dollhouse. I just feel bad for foreign viewers who can't watch online in a way FOX will care about. At least they can contribute to DVD sales. Speaking of which, the link to Amazon.com's Dollhouse preorder page is in my signature, for anyone interested in supporting the show, watching the episodes again and again, seeing the bonus features and original pilot "Echo", and/or seeing the probably-won't-air last episode.

All this advertising you're doing for the show is taunting me. Everytime I look at your signature I'm tempted to click it, but I can't afford to buy the DVD.

SVU_Obsessed

[7]Apr 24, 2009
    Don't worry, you'll get the dvd eventually Sara. I know you will. Nothing can stop a Whedon fan from getting what he/she wants when it comes to 'verse merchandise

AnilThornberry

[8]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 19
    This is perfect.
    And the DVD sales are already going good. On Amazon its already ranked in the 300's...yeah it sounds too low but most shows are ranked in the thousands until they are actually released... so this is a good sign.