Dollhouse Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Want another Season? Do your part!

Ivalaine

[1]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 7

So this week's ratings were dismal. Whether people thought it had been cancelled because of the one week hiatus or the lack of advertising, truth is numbers dived down below 3 million total viewers. or approximately 200 Nielsen viewers.

DVR numbers ARE good for this show (~100 Nielsen viewers), but I doubt it's enough to save it, with such bad live numbers

This week is Watch Dollhouse Week. This will certainly help online numbers be a bit (or a lot) higher, and this way your viewing DOES get counted. But to really give Dollhouse a chance, those Live numbers need to recover to about 4.5 million. That's a big jump. But you can help with that, even if you are not a Nielsen viewer. If ~ 4 million people actually watch DH every week, then they inevitably have access to hundreds of Nielsen viewers. How? They'll be friends with them on FB, or they'll be following them, or followed by them on Twitter.

Do your part.

1. Watch a DH ep a day online at Hulu or FoD (www.watchdollhouseweek.com for links every day) Tell people about that via twitter and FB.

2. Use this as your FB status "Is looking for Nielsen viewers to watch Dollhouse on Fox at 9pm this Friday. If you're a fan of Dollhouse, please make this your status update and help spread the word."

3. Twitter the above as well.

Ratings numbers speak louder than any phonecalls emails or dolls sent to FOX. So find those Nielsen viewers. Ideally we want to try and reach another 100 live viewers and another 50 DVR viewers. Together we can do this

Edited on 04/25/2009 7:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kadodian

[2]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 23
    This is a great idea ! I already have this as my e-mail,Facebook, and Twitter status. I also sent this to all my friends in an e-mail and I will post it in my blog when I make a new post.

TwistedConverse

[3]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 23
    Will set up a FB, Myspace and all this week and do all I can. Also remember to preorder the DVD's if you can afford it, they will go towards Fox's decision. Oh and doing smaller things like putting Dollhouse in your sig or something could help show your support for the show.

schlacko

[4]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 15
    I don't use facebook or twitter, and I'd sooner shoot myself in the face but... does Hulu really make a distinction between someone watching an episode once, and watching it once a day for several days? does fox even get hulu information or care about it one iota?

Ivalaine

[5]Apr 26, 2009
    Fox DOES get Hulu data. They part own it I believe. I would imagine hulu records I addresses. If you want to watch it over and over again, you'll need to make sure you've forced an IP address change. modem off for 30 mins usually does the trick.

whatismyipaddress.com to check

They do check these numbers, they do care. and considering you wont be counted any other way unless you are a Nielsen viewer, it's all we've got.

SVU_Obsessed

[6]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 22
    Just got through watching Man on the Street on Hulu, now on to Echoes!

kikimarie593

[7]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 27
    I'll try to watch one or two episodes tomorrow.

SVU_Obsessed

[8]Apr 26, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:

You're always waiting

Took you forever to finally watch Dollhouse. Why not go ahead and let an episode play in the background now and you can actually "watch" it tomorrow. You'll be giving 2 hits all together.

kikimarie593

[9]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 27

SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    You're always waiting
    Took you forever to finally watch Dollhouse. Why not go ahead and let an episode play in the background now and you can actually "watch" it tomorrow. You'll be giving 2 hits all together.

Because I didn't think of that, that's why! Fine, I'm putting an episode on right now.

SVU_Obsessed

[10]Apr 26, 2009
    Yay! Thanks for doing your part Sara

spikemaniac

[11]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 50
    I wish I could watch Hulu here
    I wish there was a way I could support the show.

schlacko

[12]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 15
    I've always wondered... how many people even have Nielsen boxes? I mean.. I know that the ratings are an approximation based on a statistical average, where they take sample data and assume that the population data is close to that... but maybe they don't give nielsen boxes to many of the kinds of people that watch certain shows ya know? If a rating of 2 means 2% of people with nielsen boxes watch that show, then they assume 2% of all people with tvs watch it at that time right? ain't that how it works?
    well, if their box ownership selection were a skewed demo, then their sample data would too be skewed. it seems like with our quickly advancing infrastructure, that their system would be obsolete and it would be pretty easy to get data on pretty much anyone with digital or satellite tv connections. This is actually the 1st, and only, show where I actually paid attention to any ratings...

Ivalaine

[13]Apr 27, 2009
    i read somewhere 22,000 households. or one household per 15,000 americans.

but i can't remember where

Jon_MW_14

[14]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 39
    spikemaniac wrote:
    I wish I could watch Hulu here
    I wish there was a way I could support the show.

I can't watch on Hulu either