Donny and Marie

ABC (ended 1979)

Donny and Marie Fan Reviews (6)

7.3
  • Great Show, i say bring it back

Great Show... I would love to see it back on air.. Donny & Marie are the best. i was 14 when the show came on and i never missed a week of it. i have loved Donny & Marie ever since. Donny Osmond was my first crush, he was so handsome and Marie she is so beautiful. That was 30 yrs ago and i'm still a fan of Donny and Marie's. Donny still looks as good as he did back then. and Marie she's still as beautiful as she was back then. It was a great show, great entertainment. not like alot of trash they have on these days.
  • Donnie and Marie Osmond hosted this variety show for ABC. They were a brother/sister singing duo with great chemistry.

Another fun variety show from the 70's. I watched this while growing up and fell in love with Marie Osmond. They had a wide variety of guests from all areas of show business. They also did this cute little production each week of "I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock n' roll..." where Marie would be the country singer and Donnie the rock n' roll singer. Alan Osmond, Jay Osmond, Merrill Osmond, Jimmy Osmond, Jim Connell, Johnny Dark and Larry Larsen were all regulars on the show. The show brought them so much success that they were able to build their own recording studio in Utah where they lived.
  • hi there just wanna say those were the days id like to know if theres any way of collecting dvds of the donny and marie show... plzz contact me at denisr14@hotmail.com thank-you

well the donny and marie show was the best thing i ever knew. i just loved it and would do anything to see it all once again t y. im wondering if there is a possibility of it airing again or even the chance of purchasing the dvd collection would sure be nice.
  • Wonderful

I watched this show every Friday night when I was a kid. I just thought Donny and Marie Osmond were the coolest (yeah I was a geek back then). Looking back, it must have been a lot of hard work for them. I don't know how they did it as long as they did, but I wish they'd do it again!
  • She's a little bit country...; he's a little rock and roll...

It may seems strange to say, but straight-laced Donny and Marie had one of the hippest variety shows ever on television. The break-out stars of the enormous Osmond clan, Donny and Marie have an unbelievable chemistry and their voices were made to blend together. This popular show featured the brother-sister interacting with fabulous guests, doing hilarious comedy skits, and singing the hearts out solo, as a duet, and often with the other Osmonds. I'll admit I was a Donny & Marie fan before the series ever began. I saw the Osmonds in concert for my 8th birthday and I followed their every move from that point on. The Donny & Marie Show was a bit of heaven for me, but any viewer can enjoy the great repartee the duo had together on both the variety show and later the talk show.
  • I was 16 years old when the show first came out and I loved it. The comaraderie between Donny and Marie was priceless and the skits, guests and singing were excellent. I kept the many pictures and posters of Donny and Marie for years after the show ended.

I found that Donny and Marie had stage presence in that they held the audiences interest by their constant ribbing each other. I remember seeing a picture of Donny in a Teen Beat magazine all decked out in stage clothes. The song on that page was Puppy Love and because I was 16 then, I liked that song. On the show Donny was at a piano singing that same song when Marie sneaked up behind him with a couple of puppies and placed them on his lap. I find myself smiling when I remember that show. Fun show for teens.