NBC copies once again....

ljstokes9

[1]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 3
    NBC's copycat show "The Singing Bee" was schedule to not air until the fall season. But since "Don't Forget the Lyrics!" was scheduled to premiere July 11th NBC had to push "TSB" up in their schedule so people would actually watch it. "TSB" now premieres July 10th, that's right, the day before "DFTL"....coincidence..?? I don't think so.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bballmegan22

[2]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 30
    I think NBC has the better title though. And when you say "again" what previous occurence are you refering to?

tvismyescape22

[3]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 13
    I didn't know that. I thought Fox had copied. So who copied who with "Nanny 911" and "Super Nanny" from ABC, and "The Swan" and "Extreme Makeover", also from ABC?

But I agree, NBC has the better title with "The Singing Bee". Also, what other show has NBC copied?

CURLYHURLEY

[4]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 25
    I think FOX tends to make more copy shows, that usually suck

SLOZCdude

[5]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 28
    Well, saddly, you can't really say. Ever sinse American Idol,reality/game shows of the art/media sort have been sworming onto the air.

lilmonkey6105

[6]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 1
    i was kinda disappointed with the singing bee...higher hopes for dont forget the lyrics tho...wayne brady is so much cooler than joey fatone will ever be...

robinh4

[7]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 29
    I think The Singing Bee isawesome. I love it and Joey is a great host. I like Wayne Brady as well. I'm going to watch both shows.

Banzaiboy808

[8]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 8

The premise for both looked promising but I was disappointed with The Singing Bee last night. Hopefully Don't Forget the Lyrics will be better tonight.

(vVv)

SoylentYellow

[9]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 21

ljstokes9 wrote:
    NBC's copycat show "The Singing Bee" was schedule to not air until the fall season. But since "Don't Forget the Lyrics!" was scheduled to premiere July 11th NBC had to push "TSB" up in their schedule so people would actually watch it. "TSB" now premieres July 10th, that's right, the day before "DFTL"....coincidence..?? I don't think so.

Whether FOX copied NBC or NBC copied FOX is imaterial - both shows are an assault on the ear drums of the viewing public.

SLOZCdude

[10]Jul 11, 2007
    The SInging Bee was ok. It was boring at parts, and wasnt intense. The host did it pourly, and there wasnt much happening. Dont Forget The Lyris was awesome. INtence, shocking, long- not boring- and very good.

EJamison

[11]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 17
    Of course the format is copied for "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" but I think it's a proven formula. Although it's slower moving than "The Singing Bee" but I think"Don't Forget" hasa much better chance of succeeding. I don't expect to continue watching it; I don't regularly watch *any* game shows.
    Edited on 07/11/2007 7:11pm

Insane_About_TV

[12]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    I have watched both and clearly Don't Forget the Lyrics was far better. It had a much better pace... and was pretty awesome and actually funny at parts. It was a lot more karaoke.

I see Singing Bee following the root of Show Me the Money.
    It has a high appeal but in the end it's just flesh and bones.

Don't forget the Lyrics actually reminds me of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader as they are pretty much the same in gameplay.

I will definetley watch this everyday and may watch Singing bee if nothing else is on.

Insane_About_TV

[13]Jul 11, 2007
    I have watched both and clearly Don't Forget the Lyrics was far better. It had a much better pace... and was pretty awesome and actually funny at parts. It was a lot more karaoke.

I see Singing Bee following the root of Show Me the Money.
    It has a high appeal but in the end it's just flesh and bones.

Don't forget the Lyrics actually reminds me of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader as they are pretty much the same in gameplay.

I will definetley watch this everyday and may watch Singing bee if nothing else is on.

kevinb4444

[14]Jul 12, 2007
    • level: 20
    I normally don't like karoke when I'm sober as I stated in my review, but I like Wayne Brady and if I watch either it will be this one over the other, this was less cheesy, and that Joey is a dork and needs to get a beat down for being so annyoing.

bob07087

[15]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 19
    kevinb4444 wrote:
    I normally don't like karoke when I'm sober as I stated in my review, but I like Wayne Brady and if I watch either it will be this one over the other, this was less cheesy, and that Joey is a dork and needs to get a beat down for being so annyoing.

I agree with your assesment, Wayne being a natural comedien brings that aspect to the show. The only thing that drives me crazy is the long wait to see if an answer or lyrics are correct.

maaarin

[16]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 18
    DFTL is soooo much better than The Singing bee... The contestants get the big screen, they get a chance to change their lyrics, they have help, they can choose the genre... The stduio looks nicer, the audience more normal... The audience at The Singing bee look like they're on drugs, screaming and they're all over the place... In TSB the host just explains the rules and they just sing, nothing special there... It's like watching the biggest piece of c**p on the worst possible network... And the contestants in the first episode were just disgusting, full of themselves and full of something else, and we all know what that is...

blabecky

[17]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 8

Insane_About_TV wrote:
    I have watched both and clearly Don't Forget the Lyrics was far better. It had a much better pace... and was pretty awesome and actually funny at parts. It was a lot more karaoke. I see Singing Bee following the root of Show Me the Money. It has a high appeal but in the end it's just flesh and bones. Don't forget the Lyrics actually reminds me of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader as they are pretty much the same in gameplay. I will definetley watch this everyday and may watch Singing bee if nothing else is on.

I feel the same... That girl was kind of annoying but Wayne Brady def made up for it.. He's funny and holds my intrest.. Joey Fatone did nothing IMO..

Edited on 07/13/2007 12:21pm

blastburnbender

[18]Jul 14, 2007
    anyone know where to see or download the shows cuz i missed the show on thursday

phyconess

[19]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 12
    I found Singing Bee on accident because I couldn't sleep. And I don't intend to watch it ever again. It was boring. There was no substance to it.

SLOZCdude

[20]Jul 17, 2007
    blastburnbender wrote:
    anyone know where to see or download the shows cuz i missed the show on thursday

Not sure. Itunes doesnt have it, however they just purchased the intire tird season of Hell's Kitchen from Fox, I am surprised they didnt purchase DFTL.