The one contestant you don't want to miss!

FalconPain

[1]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 13

...there have been four of them in a row so far.

Does this kind of advertising actually work on people more than twice? Where they are capable of taking every contestant who has appeared on the show and treat them in previews as if each one is going to be the contestant that will make the show worth watching? I don't hate the show, but I absolutely hate its advertising.

(On a related note, what do you suppose will happen when a contestant gets a choice of two songs and they don't know the tune to either one? I've been in that situation before while watching, and despite the things that this show has and Singing Bee doesn't, this show is lacking in singers. The song may just fall apart in that situation...)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

usagisakura

[2]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 11

The contestant you don't want to miss is Fox just overhyping the show like they do with pratically everything.

If somebody doesn't know either song I guess they would just use a back up or quit.

maaarin

[3]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 18
    I am so sick of these previews, I always turn the sound off...

And I also noticed the "contestant you don't want to miss" thing, it's just pathetic. I'm not American, but I think it's just an insult to all Americans when Fox and the producers of the show believe Americans are that stupid... There are so many other game shows in primetime much better than this one - I really like Set for life and the Power of 10, the only problem is that they probably won't get renewed since Set for life's been getting bad ratings and Drew Cary will be busy with The price is right - shame.

Benwolf13

[4]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    Ya,They should save that line for somthing actually serious.Sometimes it gets on my nerves with ceartin' shows.