Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23

Pilot

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Apr 11, 2012 on ABC

• 1x01 "Pilot"

I really wasn't expecting much of this show. But it was so funny! I think New Girl has a nemesis after all... If you like shows like "New Girl", "Friends" (?) and sex jokes give this show a try and watch the pilot online, you could get "Chloezied". lol worst joke ever...
  • Pilot

"Don't trust the B---- in Apartment 23" is fresh and feminine, with no shortage of pop culture references or quirks. James Van Der Beek makes fun of himself with ease, while the roommates sort through normal roommate problems. The biggest issue between June and Chloe is set up in the introduction as "the best thing that ever happened" to June, so there should be an explanation pending as to how her life gets better. The main problem is with the wrap-up; it seems too convenient and easy for June to get over what Chloe did so quickly. Hopefully, a more realistic dynamic will develop between the two as the first season gets its legs.

The Good:

-"We may or may not become lovers."

-June and Chloe are both pretty, but in more of a natural way than a Hollywood way.

-James Van Der Beek calls Chloe "Whorenado."

The Bad:

-The chemistry between the girls is good, but somewhat illogical considering Chloe sleeps with June's fiancee. The situation gets handled a little to simply.
  • Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 Pilot

The Pilot episode of Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 was superbly entertaining and kind of refreshing for this type of show. It was interesting to see how the events unfolded in the story. I liked the humor and James Van Der Beek fit in quite well as a celebrity playing himself in the series. The two girls bond and learn from each other. I like the craziness of the episode and look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Too Funny!

The pilot was freaking hilarious!!!!!!
  • It's not that bad...

6.7

Like you I saw a bunch of commercials for this show, most bugged me, especially using that horrid LMFAO song, but when I tuned in it was actually not that bad.

With shows like Entourage, and most recently Matt LeBlanc on Episodes, the idea of celebrities playing an exaggerated version of themselves has grown tired. James Van Der Beek was not terrible, but not nearly on the level of LeBlanc on his Showtime series. If they use him more like Tracy Morga on 30 Rock it would be much more effective.

Dreama Walker is June, a poor man's Joanna Garcia, but I give her credit for being much more likable than the majority of ABC's female comedy leads. Her character is a bit too straight-forward, but she can be the more serious half of the two and be funny at the same time if the writing improves.

Krysten Ritter plays the title character, and while she is very high energy, the majority of her delivery is a bit slow and not funny. She has been on Breaking Bad, Til Death and Gravity, she has some TV credits, but needs to be better especially since she is expected to carry the show.

Those three stars were fine, but the rest of the cast is downright terrible.

I went into this show expecting nothing, but what I got was a pilot that was really not that bad. Not funny, but I grew interested in these characters and I am curious where things go from here. It is a little bit different than most shows on TV and for that reason I hope it succeeds.