Doogie Howser, M.D.

ABC (ended 1993)

bmoshier

Doogie Howser, M.D. Fan Reviews (17)

• Doogie Howser, M.D. is about a 16 yr old genius who is a practising Surgeon.

7.2
    This was a show that I remember seeing way back when I was 7-8 years old. At that time one couldn't help but be fascinated by the young teenage genius who was a Doctor already!

The way he spouted information about just about everything was awe inspiring for a kid. It was like he was this sort of Superkid.

It was fun to see how they balanced his genius against his inexperience and youth. On one hand he was the best at his job... but on the other hand he acted just like any other clueless teenager in matters of the heart and his rebellions against his parents and authority.

Every episode tested him as a person and taught him important lessons and that was always nice to see.

The first season, in my opinion, was fantastic. From there on the show went rapidly downhill.

I suppose if I really sit back and see this show today I might not really enjoy it that much. But as a kid and in that day and age it was a very good show.