Doogie Howser, M.D.

The Ice Queen Cometh

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Sep 20, 1989 on ABC

• Wonderful start to a series, which for this viewer is new.

I missed watching this series the first time it came out because of my job. Now I have the opportunity to see it again (on the HUBHD channel) from the start (I did miss the pilot). I'm looking forward to seeing it from start to finish with (hopefully) the same good quality or better, as the series progresses.

This is a very enjoyable episode and I can still relate to it even this many years later (and with the hindsight that comes from it being 2011). Honestly, I'm not sure I'd have made the same decision at 16 as Doogie given the same opportunity, but . .. after all he is a doctor and would have enough money to go out and get laid one way or another. Yet, like him I waited even when given opportunities and like the actor, I, too, was in closet. Maybe the character, himself, was in the closet showing an interest in girls as it is what was expected, at the time. A follow up TV movie updating the characters would be great (say with Doggie getting a Nobel prize in Medicine or say Peace as the basis).