Dora the Explorer Forums

Weekdays 9:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Do teenagers acually like this show?

NachoSwordsman

[1]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 9

I see teens like me walking with dora backpacks all the time at school and on the streets. Are they stupid or are they just trying to be cool?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BenikiC

[2]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 5

no clue...

but i'm here, and i'm in high school!

BenikiC

[4]Sep 27, 2008
    bpCodes4u wrote:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Are you THAT confused by seeing a big kids brandishing products that were originally "aimed" at little kids?

Get over it. It's not a fad, it's not a trend, it's not a public statement, and it's certainly not stupid.

Give up? It's THEIR choice! They just happen to like the products this show comes out with and don't care whether or not they are seen owning one. It's that simple.

There's no need to be embarassed. Why should they be? Taste is (clearly) NOT universal. You may hate Dora and think only small kids should be seen with her backpacks, but that's just you!

It's aimed originally at little kids but there's no law saying only babies can find it intersting. So don't be surprised if older people are too. It's not creepy, it's not prverted, and it certainly isn't dumb.

It's AWESOME!

Personally, I think it's good for them. Saying you enjoy the show is one thing but it takes guts to parade your interests amongst an entire society of bigots. And frankly, I enjoy it when they do. It livens up that dull colorless atmosphere we call "Highschool".

I agree with you. I have a Barney the Dinosaur keychain on my backpack!

PiperPrueLover4

[6]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 18
    bpCodes4u wrote:

Are you THAT confused by seeing a big kids brandishing products that were originally "aimed" at little kids?

Get over it. It's not a fad, it's not a trend, it's not a public statement, and it's certainly not stupid.

Give up? It's THEIR choice! They just happen to like the products this show comes out with and don't care whether or not they are seen owning one. It's that simple.

There's no need to be embarassed. Why should they be? Taste is (clearly) NOT universal. You may hate Dora and think only small kids should be seen with her backpacks, but that's just you!

It's aimed originally at little kids but there's no law saying only babies can find it intersting. So don't be surprised if older people are too. It's not creepy, it's not prverted, and it certainly isn't dumb.

It's AWESOME!

Personally, I think it's good for them. Saying you enjoy the show is one thing but it takes guts to parade your interests amongst an entire society of bigots. And frankly, I enjoy it when they do. It livens up that dull colorless atmosphere we call "Highschool".

I tend to think it's a fad.

chupya

[7]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 4
    i Think it's a fad and I've seen some teenagers at my high school singing the main theme. But the overall population of teenagers don't like it, I personally hate it. In fact when I was six and Dora showed for the very first time on Nick Jr. and never liked, even back then, one look at it and I knew I would hate it.

CF3689

[8]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    bpCodes4u wrote:

It's AWESOME!

i so agree with everything u said. i still hav pokemon plushies from a few years ago

Edited on 03/25/2009 1:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mayor_manx

[10]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 4

Me too. I cant figure out too I woould feel strange with little baby dora backpack being 14 and in high school. I agree with nacho swordsman. I like manly awsome backpack. bpcodes4u is a meany to nacho swordsmans question.

Edited on 01/13/2009 4:49pm

TV-PG-Y7

[11]Jul 3, 2009
    I only like the old Dora the Explorer...

Codiemin

[12]Aug 4, 2009
    I haven't watched this since I was about 10, but I've seen a bunch of 5th graders walk around talking about Dora, and I know a lot of older kids who like Wow Wow Wubzy. My old science teacher even has a barney doll. I say like what you like and don't judge people about it. Sure, people make fun of me for liking things should have liked 3 years ago, but who cares. Some teenagers like it, others are obsessed and others want to murder Dora. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind if a Dora commercial pops up while I'm watching Nickelodian.

agent_0042

[13]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 66
    I don't care if teenagers carry around backpacks with Blue or Franklin, etc., but I do have to question it when it comes to Dora. But only because I don't think Dora is a very good show, not because I'm opposed to the concept in general.

tweenboy

[14]Dec 16, 2009
    NachoSwordsman wrote:

I see teens like me walking with dora backpacks all the time at school and on the streets. Are they stupid or are they just trying to be cool?

Ahh.....People can wear what they want.they probally like Dora.