Dora the Explorer

Weekdays 9:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered Aug 14, 2000 In Season

Dora the Explorer Fan Reviews (173)

4.9
  • Easily one of the worst kid shows in history, How it's gone on for over 10 years is beyond me.

Words can not describe the abysmality of Dora the Explorer. I used to watch the show when I was little, but now looking back at it, I highly regret doing so.

Dora the Explorer is about a 5 year old Spanish girl and her friend monkey named Boots that go on adventures and try to reach their destinations to wherever they are going, but get stopped from doing so. The show is supposed to teach problem solving skills and spanish. When you watch the first 1 minutes of the show, you'll realize all the plotholes. Oh boy where do we begin?!

How do Dora's parents allow their 5 year old daughter to go outside wandering in the forest all by herself? Shouldn't the CPS be at Dora's house? Why doesn't Dora tell her parents about the fox that stalks her? I know this is a cartoon and most of the logic is thrown out the window, but this is crossing the line and sending kids the wrong message.

The characters are all braindead morons that rely on the audience for help. Dora asks the audience for help every two seconds like she can't figure out herself. And if that's not enough, she ACTUALLY asks the audience where trees or any objects that are RIGHT BEHIND HER are. Like, seriously? Can't she just get a GPS or take a look behind her?! She also encourages kids to yell at their TV screen as if they aren't speaking loud enough. Swiper is another character that ticks me off. He is literally one of the worst villians in a TV series and is not threatening in any way, shape or form. Whenever he is about to steal/swipe stuff from Dora and Boots they say "Swiper No Swiping!" three times, and then he just gives up and goes. Wow, just... WOW! Are they sending kids a bad message or what? So basically that's saying if you tell a crook to not steal three times they will go away? No, it doesn't work like that at all. Dora's parents are inattentive to their daughter and do not seem to care if Dora wanders around the public forest all alone by herself. You're kidding me, right? What if Dora gets ran over by a car or kidnapped, their parents would find that to be completely okay? The map is a talking map (I wish I was making this up) who sings a God awful and annoying song stating he's the map over and over again (as if the audience didn't figure that out already), he also tells Dora and Boots directions and destinations over and over again. To be honest, if I saw a map like this in real life, I would grab a lighter and set it on fire. The backpack is Dora's purple backpack who carries all her things for the journey, he's just as bad as the Map, he sings a dreadful song were he repetitively states he's the backpack and then tells the audience what's in Dora's backpack. Boots is the only character that I don't ultimately despise, but even then he could be irritating sometimes, and he looks pretty deformed for a monkey. I can overlook the fact that this is a cartoon, but there are too many talking inanimate objects in this show, it makes you wonder what the creators were smoking while making a show like this.

The voice acting is another highlight in terms of this shows atrocity. It's too painful to tolerate, it sounds like the actors were dared to suck all the helium out of balloons from a birthday party, and these are the results.

The songs are just abysmal. They're repeated in every episode and are annoying to say the least.

In terms of artwork and animation, I can't really complain that much, because for what it is it's actually pretty decent. However, I think the colors are too bright and it kind of strains my eyes to look.

If you watch more than one episode, you'll realize the repetition of this show and it's plot. Here's how each episode usually goes:

1. Dora introduces herself to the audience.

2. Dora and Boots start their journey.

3. The two of them sing about where they're going.

4. They come across the grumpy troll.

5. The map sings

6. They get things they needs to reach their destination on their journey.

7. Swiper trys swiping those things but Dora and Boots stop him.

8. They continue to the adventure.

9. They reach the destination.

10. They sing we did it.

11. They ask what your favorite part of theday was

Don't show this to your kids, I can garuntee they won't learn much, instead put on Sesame Street, Blues Clues and other kid shows that had real educational value. Rating: 1/10
  • I HATE DORA THE EXPLORER!

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP? IT NEEDS TO BE CANCELLED!!!
  • dora the explore killed nick jr

lies,dora the explore killed nick jr. for me when it first made it's debut and now looking at nick jr. it is sad back in the 90's nick jr. was cool,we had blues clues before steve left,and we even had a host a face named face and boy was he funny.
  • Comparison

4.5
    I remember being a little kid before Dora aired on TV was a memorable movie called Land Before Time. As a preschooler it grabbed my attention because of the art and story line of young dinosaurs working together as a family to reach the Great Valley. Their journey was not an easy one. Littlefoot had to learn how to be a leader and had to deal with the tragedy of losing his mother. Cera had pride issues and had to learn to cooperate with others despite her stubbornness. Littlefoot and Cera view points had clashed to the point when they fought each other over who knew the right way to the Great Valley. Their quest for a new home and plan to kill the Sharptooth was a challenge that they had overcome together.

In Dora the explorer her journey is simple. Go to three places marked on the map with little obstacles in the way and then arrive at the destination with repetitive catchy songs in-between. She doesn't experience great loss or conflicted very much with another person, nor had much challenges in the story that relatable for me. Dora the explorer relies firmly on the audience to move the story along instead of working more with her friends to solve the problem.

Kids' programing has the potential to be good like Avatar the Last Airbender and the first Land Before Time movie. Just because it's for kids that doesn't mean the storyline is to have a lower quality compared to adult shows. Disney, PIxar, Dreamworks, and especially Studio Ghibli understood that their story lines need to be engaging and fun to attract an audience not just kids. I'm not asking for scarier and darker Dora but to give more respect to the intelligence of people of all ages.

Could Dora's parents please take her to the eye doctor so she'll be given glasses to see better?

The positive of the show that's okay is she teaches a bit of Spanish and kind to animals.

That's all I'm going to say.
  • Why do they still air this?

Seriously why? Every 5 or 6 minutes you hear Dora ask the audience something like "Where's the mountain?" when it's right in front of her! Then there's the Swiper the Fox scenes. All they have to do is say "Swiper no swiping" and he just flat out gives up! And even when they don't say it fast enough and he swips the stuff, all he does is just throw it somewhere in the woods and then they have to find it. But it's not that hard to find it! And also how does it get 4.9 at this site if IMDb gives it THREE point nine? Also I mentioned in a few of my other reviews that I was watching Gordy. Well now I'm watching One Hundred and One Dalmatians. Right now they're passing on the message of the stolen puppies. I recommend this movie and all the other movies I rated 10/10 over this show any day. Which is why I must ask, why doesn't this great movie have a profile here? They don't have one for The Jungle Book either. But at least they gave Gordy one!
  • DORA ROCKS!!!1

Seriously all you people talking shit about Dora are nimrods it's a KIDS show it's not for adults. All shows ask questions to the "Audience" Dora isn't the only one. What a about all the adult sitcoms that ask the audience stupid questions! & all you on here keep saying "Spanish girl" what are you racist? Maybe you shouldn't watch the show if you don't understand what she's saying, the shows trying to teach kids another language...

We like this show it's are daughters favorite she even counts in Spanish now due to only thing we as parents find weird is the NEW show there making called DORA AND FRIENDS... like WTF? now all of a sudden it's changing up?
  • .um um um i.... wtf?

this is pretty creepy. This little girl goes into the woods without asking with a freakin monkey, her parents are idiots. this has no point other than spainish. the only people that should enjoy this is the people that like seeing kids go into the woods and stare at you while she asks u where things are, when they're right behind her. she's a nightmare.
  • Dora the Explorer should really be shot.

We were all kids once in our lives, having fun and watching great cartoons on TV. One of the most memorable cartoons we came across at some point was Dora the Explorer, a 30-minute show about a young Spanish girl going on adventures with her animal friends whilst speaking Spanish.

When I was a kid, I did watch Dora the Explorer and I even used to have a Dora birthday plush from Canada. Now, I think that Dora the Explorer is one of the worst kids' shows that Nick Jr has shown on TV. It is pretty much on the same level as Peppa Pig and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (which completely ruined the iconic mouse character we once knew). I have decided to review this show based on the episodes I've seen as a kid and everything I have written in this review is my own opinion. Also, I will add a new topic: Educational value

Plot:

This show doesn't have much of an interesting plot. To summarize the plot of this show, basically Dora is going on an adventure with her monkey friend, Boots. They pretty much have to fix these stupid scenarios that occur in these adventures and they have to find items that can help them along the way.

OK, I've barely explained the plot and from here I can already tell that it doesn't make sense. How on earth can Dora go on adventures with a wild animal? If this was reality, Dora would be hunted and most likely dead.

So, in these adventures (if you can even call them that), Dora and Boots often meet other characters and they are often stopped by Swiper the Fox, who wants the items that Dora and Boots found. They usually say: 'Swiper, no swiping' about 3 or 4 times then he goes away and drops the items he swiped. After that, the adventure is over and the characters celebrate with a stupid song.

OK, so I can obviously tell that this plot is fucked up. Why would there be a fox trying to swipe items and why would Dora say 'Swiper, no swiping?' Again if this were reality and Dora was stopping a thief or a rapist that way for example, all her items would be taken and she'd be dumped in a nasty trailer or van.

Characters:

Now, I move on to the characters. Obviously they all have some sort of issue, especially Dora. These characters are absolutely useless and most of them serve no purpose in this godawful trainwreck of a show.

Dora: She is the main character of the show and a very clueless one at that. She's not only annoying but she seems uneducated aswell. Everytime she and Boots go on one of their shitty adventures, Dora would stop halfway to ask the audience (us) some really stupid and repetitive questions. Here's an example:

Dora: We need to go to a hill. Where's the hill.

Audience: Behind you.

Dora: Where's the hill?

Audience: Behind you!

Dora: WHERE'S the HILL?

Audience: OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE IT'S BEHIND YOU IDIOT!

See? This just proves that Dora seems like she's blind or deaf. She really needs to get her eyes and ears tested to see if she needs a hearing aid or glasses. Also, she always wanders around the forest as if nothing bad will happen to her and she's also really (and I mean really) naive.

Boots: Dora's friend, who is of a course a monkey (which is a WILD ANIMAL!) that can talk. OK, how on earth can he talk and why does he wear those red boots of his? Also, why isn't he hunting and trying to kill Dora like a real monkey should?

Diego: Oh god it's Dora's older cousin! He's also annoying and naive, just like Dora (no wonder these two idiots are related to each other). Also, he has his own show which is on the same bloody level as Dora! (Oh god, why does he have a show too? WHY?) He's also doing a lot of dangerous activities, just like Dora aswell! It's surprising to see that he and Dora aren't fucking dead in a swamp!

Dora's parents: I have nothing to say about them except that they're completely irresponsible since they're unaware of what Dora is doing 99% of the time. They're on the same level as Jessie Prescott from Disney's 'Jessie'.

Swiper: The saddest excuse of a villain I've ever seen in my life, even sadder than the villains in Totally Spies and Trollz combined. He's trying to steal a load of useless items from Dora and he can't even swipe anything because Dora is saying 'Swiper, no swiping!' Why would he listen to this 7 year old little shit anyway? If this were reality, he would also try to kill Dora and possibly Diego.

Backpack: Oh god, the backpack talks too? Really? Really? The backpack is so bloody annoying and when it sings it's stupid 'backpack, backpack' song, sometimes I just want to rip the bloody thing apart so it isn't singing anymore? Let's just hope we don't have any other talking objects...

Map: NO. FUCKING NO. HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT, THE MAP ALSO TALKS AND IT SINGS AS IF IT'S HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL! The Map seriously annoys me with it's song, OH MY MOTHERFUCKING GOD, I GET THAT YOU'RE A MAP WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME DIRECTIONS BUT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SING!

Jokes:

There's none.

Moral values:

Ah yes, Dora teaches you so much things. For example, she basically teaches kids to wander around in forests without their parent's permission and those kids will think it's OK to get a monkey to follow them around when it's a wild animal!

Educational value:

The only educational value in this show is that it teaches kids Spanish. Even the educational value questions me because what kid under 7 knows the entire Spanish language? I used to do Spanish in my first year of secondary school and it was difficult to learn!

Summary:

I decided to give this show a rating of 1. I would've given it a 0 but the lowest rating available for me at the moment is a 1.
  • Painful and mediocre

This show is worse than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I'm not shitting you.

This show is about a Spanish girl who goes on adventures in a forest with a monkey. OK, you can't be serious. She could've got beat up, raped, killed, or even kidnapped.

Her parents do not give a fu** if her daughter travels in the forest by herself. OK, that's interesting. So, let me get this straight: What if a lion injures her? What if she gets killed? Or, what if she gets raped, hmm? They probably won't give a damn. I guess her parents hate her after all.

What's annoying is that they repeat the SAME songs over, and over, and over, AND OVER. Don't you think kids wanna hear something different instead of "Come on vamanos, everybody let's go"?

The characters are also no-brainers. Every 5 seconds, they need YOUR help on something SO simple.

Here's a example:

Dora: Do you see the banana tree?

Me: It's right behind you.

Dora: *turns around* Where?

Me: You gotta be kidding me...

Also, here's another annoying thing. It's when they say "Swiper no swiping". After they say it for 3 times, Swiper just says "Aw man" and leaves. Okay, in real life that's not going to work. What were the creators smoking?

The episodes are boring and not fun. The art is good after all, even though they can be bright. The characters are stupid, annoying, and awful, and the voice acting is bad.

This show is NOT educational. If you're a parent, I would NOT recommend this TV show to your child.

Above all, here's my grade: F-
  • Annoying, racist, filled with profanity, and downright CRAPPY!

Why Nick Jr? Why do you keep feeding our kids this crap? It's bad for them! The first season was the most annoying out of all of them!

Dora: I need your help!

Me: No you don't! *Obliterates TV*

In the latest seasons, the art design swapped to this crappy CGI animation! Now all of the characters look like Slenderman compared to the older seasons of this "show"! On top of that, the art design is just ugly! Like on any other bad show, the plots are in a repeated cycle and never ever stops! I know this is for kids, but the writers are skilled higher than that! Nothing positive to say about this abomination to mankind! INEXCUSABLE! This show only cares about Mexico, and not the good ol' USA. WHY?! ;_; I bet that Dora's parents got their green cards taken away! In the pirate play episode, I literally heard Tico say the F word. MULTIPLE TIMES! IN ENGLISH! In this show, they mostly speak Spanish, and they speak so fast, it's hard to understand what they're saying! "Jisdhsuosdjhuewqrhpoiahf!" If you want your kids to learn multiple languages, GO TO THE LIBRARY AND BORROW SOME DICTIONARIES FOR MULTIPLE LANGUAGES! SIMPLE! Viacom, do us a favor, and cancel this show, and Dora Into the City. Please. This show lasted for too long and feels like it lasted longer than The Simpsons.

UPDATE (MAY 13, 2014): And for those who are unaware, what I mean by "it's racist" is that I think this show is using Mexico's name in vain! I mean, those are Nick's versions of stereotypical Mexicans! On top of that, I don't even think Dora's Mexican! From the looks of her eyes, she looks more like an Asian!
  • A Disgrace To Humanity

1.5
    The only thing that stops me from giving this piece of shit a 1.0 is that there are STILL worse shows out there. An eighth season? This show should be condemned and incinerated with fire. I'm glad I never suffered the indignity of having to watch this. From what I gather, the idiocy of the characters are enough to make Mickey Mouse Clubhouse look like a work of art.
  • I loved this a teenager.

I love how it actually taught me something new even as a teenager! I loved learning Spanish from this show! The Spanish makes kids actually think unlike Mickey's Clubhouse. Also, people who say this show is racist... you guys do not know what racist means, do you? Anyways, love this show! Hate the older Dora!
  • Show full of ridiculous adventures, and annoying songs.

This show is full of ridiculous adventures, I watched a episode to see how terrible it is, the adventure was all about some kittens losing their mittens, here is another solution for you, BYE ANOTHER PAIR FOR THEM! Also, there is another problem with this show, the same song goes on for the whole episode, it goes like, come on vamonos, everybody lets go! Whatever that is. But, this show is just ridiculous, and annoying. Here is my grade on it

F- 0%

It may not be that terrible, but that is just my opinion on how terrible this show is.
  • Isn't it werid that a show this hated is STILL on TV? AND making new episodes, AND it got a 5/10 rating? How?

If anyone can answer ANY of these questions, be my guest. Also, to tigerkitten030, she says vamonos, which means "come on!" or "let's go!" in Spanish. And I do admit, the previous review by kaycarebearba has a good point. However, I don't think kids read this site (I sure hope not!) I don't swear, but for some reason it's allowed here. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. In other words, leave the site if you are offended by the language. Also, it won't let me spell vamonos correctly with an accented a. EDIT: to nicholasfirel, why would you give it a 6.5 if you hate it? Give it a 1!

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on July 18 and updated a day later): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • END THIS SHOW NOW!!!

Dora the Explorer is one of the stupidest TV shows ever made! It's worse than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! This show is about Dora and her monkey Boots going on adventures. But they go on adventures without their parent's permission! How bad is that?!

Now to talk about the characters.

Dora is the main character of the show, and boy is she dumb! She is so blind she can't even see a freaking mountain! So what does she do? She breaks the 4th wall! And she's also so deaf she can't hear our voices!

Dora: Where is the mountain?

Me: It's right behind you.

Dora: Where is the mountain?

Me: I said it's right behind you!

Dora: Where is the mountain?

Me: OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!! (I get a gun and shoot the TV)

She breaks the 4th wall a lot!

Boots is Dora's monkey. But how can you raise a wild animal to be your pet? I don't get it! But Boots isn't as annoying as Dora. Still, he also breaks the 4th wall and that is annoying.

The Map and the Backpack are so annoying because they keep singing about themselves. The Map says, "I'm the Map, I'm the Map, I'M THE MAP!!!" Shut the hell up! We know you are the map! He repeats our destinations like we are deaf! And Backpack, she says, "Backpack Backpack, Backpack, Backpack, YEAH!!!" No, not yeah, shut the hell up also and go to hell with the map! And this backpack can carry larger things that won't fit in your backpack!

Swiper is this orange fox that always steals Dora's things and he always says, "You're too late! You'll never find it now! (laughs)", and throws the thing away. Ha ha very funny! (sarcasm)

Now on to the plot.

The plot is about Dora and Boots going on an adventure without their parent's permission. She could have gotten killed! Throughout the whole episode we get to hear the same damn musical numbers in every episode! It's like Johnny Test, but without the singing! And this show also teaches kids Spanish. Little kids won't remember Spanish! Why do you people that post good reviews about this show like this show so much?! Your little ones will never know Spanish! If you want your little ones to learn Spanish, get the Hola Amigos DVDs!

All the characters are so annoying that I can't stand it. Benny, Isa, and Tico are all annoying. They all break the 4th wall just to let us help solve some simple problems? That's it! I'm not helping!

And don't forget Swiper. Swiper always steals Dora's things, and Dora and Boots say, "Swiper no Swiping!" three times to stop the fox. Swiper says, "Oh man!" and walks away. But bad move! IS THAT WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY TO A VILLAIN TO STOP HIM?! Hmmph?! If kids ever say that to a real villain, the villain will just run away. I wish Batman was here to stop Swiper! Batman was a better superhero than ***ed Dora and Boots! They are not the superheroes!

And finally they reach the destination. But throughout the episode, it's only three obstacles! This show makes Special Agent Oso look good! Paw Pilot sings the 3 special steps song which is also annoying, and after 3 special steps, the mission is complete?

Then Dora and Boots sing the "We Did It" song, which is the last annoying musical number before there's finally no more ***ed musical numbers!

And then Dora and Boots ask what was the audience's favorite part of the trip. Well, my favorite part was when you got so many bad reviews about your show! That's not in the show! Ha ha ha ha ha!

So now, the process repeats itself. Why the hell would you watch this show! This will teach children to be ***ed! If you want to educate your kids, watch Sesame Street or Blue's Clues! Much better than this crapfest! And if you want your kids to learn Spanish the easy way, get the Hola Amigos DVDs!

• This show is so badder than I expected it to be!

Okay, no one has a monkey for a best friend, it's WRONG! Dora the Explorer is a bad influence on kids. Let's say, a kid's house gets robbed and they're home alone. What are they gonna do? Tell him "No Swiping!" 3 times so he goes away? IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! And is Dora blind? She can't see that the banana tree is 3 feet behind her so she has to break the 4th wall ALL THE TIME! And she can't always rely on maps all the time! By the way, the Map and Backpack keep singing songs about who they are! It is so ridiculous! And so are the songs! I mean, We Did It? I'm the Map? BACKPACK? Stupid! And we never get to see Dora's parents in the series! Why would they let their daughter go on adventures in the forest with a monkey where she could possibly die or get robbed? They are even worse than Mr. and Mrs. Turner! And her little twin brother and sister are so unrealistic. They are babies who can fly and have cakes! They have cakes on their birthdays and they get new capes on their birthdays and they're the same colors, pink and blue! WHAT'S THE POINT?! That's like me getting a blue shirt every day for my birthday! And her voice is so terrible! Good riddance, Dora the Explorer!
  • THIS SHOW NEEDS TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is so stupid. I know it's for babies, but seriously?

UPDATE: this show is STILL ON? what is wrong with the people over at nickelodeon?

COME ON! LET THIS ATROCITY DIE ALREADY! This show has been on for 14 years. That's 14 too many. END IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY NICK GET THIS SHIT OFF THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JUST END IT ALREADY!

you know what Justin Bieber and Dora go together
  • EEEEEEEEEEWWWW.

It's this random show about a spanish girl & a monkey that she found in the woods one day & kept him as a pet. You think that sounds stupid? Well, there's another stupid thing about this show. There's this fox who always steals crap from characters throughout the whole show. Those aren't the only 2 problems. There's another reason to hate this show. There's this map & the only thing it says is "I'm the map I'm the map What do we need for today's journey???" That's pretty much all it says. The most worst of all, There's this backpack that carries heavy objects that normal backpacks can't carry. It's so stupid. It has a rope. What kind of rope could fit in a fucking backpack? I dunno but this is one creepy show. 0/10.
  • WARNING!WARNING!If you're more than 2 years old,DON'T watch this show,it'll give you autism.

This show is horrendous. It's the worst show I've EVER SEEN! The animation is awful and dora makes patrick star look like like Albert Einstein. Yes, she is THAT stupid. At least patrick doesn't ask the audience for help every two seconds. Boots is a talking monkey that dora probably stole from a wizard. Oh, and dora goes to the forest everyday without asking her parents. WOW! That's a great thing to teach kids. Anyways, two other characters are map and backpack who are both SOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!! They make caliliou look tolerable. And finally, there's swiper the fox who is the worst villan I've ever seen in a tv show. He makes the villans from johnny test look like devils. So yeah, screw dora the monkey kidnapper, screw boots the toilet kisser and screw every other nick jr. show. K bye doggies.
  • So horrible, but the art is perfect.

I'm gonna start a new way of reviewing shows, by reviewing every aspect of tv shows: plot/synopsis, characters, art & animation and, most importantly, enjoyment. Lets get started!

Synopsis: This shows about a little spanish girl. Think of her as the Crocodile Hunter's dissapointing niece and you'll know exactly what she's like. First of all, not only is she going into the wild, she's going into the wild WITH NO SUPERVISORS! Thats a good lesson to teach the kid's right? The whole show seems like a show that teaches animal facts right? WRONG! ITS ABOUT SPANISH!! Thats the last thing i would think of when i hear Dora the Explorer!

Characters: Each character is stupid in their own unique way. Dora's intentionally stupid, Boots is the monkey who asks questions that are completely obvious, Swiper never learns from his mistakes BECAUSE HE NEVER GETS PUNISHED NOR ARRESTED, Diego is, surprisingly the only person close to a genius, but doesn't appear at all, everyone else is just plain idiotic and thats it for characters.

Art & animation: the art is well detailed and the animation is great as well, too bad everything else is just terrible!

Enjoyment: Its interactive for the kids, but thats the main problem, its too interactive that it makes the characters so stupid! The "interactive-ness" gets old so quick that it becomes boring and embarrassing!

Conclusion: three words: quality over quantity, thats the lesson.
  • A plague upon this earth

cancel this piece of shit

it is an abomination to our intelligence
  • Hate the fuck wad of shit!

It's boring. It's ass numbing! They just laugh at nothing! What da fuck?
  • Lollolol

are you people serious cussing out a kids show you guys must be cray??
  • Just a show about a fat kid and a stupid monkey

Hey bitch, give me time to answer your questions!!
  • Crap straight from hell.

The reason why I think this show is bullshit is because:

1. Dora has no sense of direction. The show is supposedly sending the message that Dora knows what to do, but instead, Dora points at kids asking for everything that she can't see right in front of her.

2. Everything has eyes for some reason. It's stupid and creepy, as if you are under surveillance 24/7. Might as well put eyes and mouths on your toilet and bed.

3. The fox thing apparently is a pedophile or else he wouldn't be thinking about stalking Dora every episode.

4. If Dora keeps asking stupid questions like where is Boots when he's right in front of her, then that will cause a kid's brain to melt.

5. The way Spanish is taught is an insult to the language and cultures that relate to it. Everything is (no offense) too Mexican, when there are many Spanish cultures that aren't like this.

This show really has been a piece of $#!& and that bi*** dora needs some supervisions and therapy. This needs to be cancelled and burned.
  • Creepy...

I don't get it. So, an obese six year old goes into magic forests and deals with a stealing fox every day. She asks stupid questions like, "WHERE'S THE BRIDGE?" when it's right behind her. Then this little arrow comes out and she (without turning) says, "OH! THERE IT IS!" It's creepy. She has more freedom than do. My parents would look at me weird (and say no) if I asked to go to the bridge and talk to a troll.
  • Needs to burn

Used to watch this,but now I know it's crap. It's stupid and pointless severs no purpose whats so ever unless you want to learn Spanish I guess. Overall 1, and this show needs to burn and get canceled now.
  • Someone please arrest Dora's parents for neglecting their child.

I wanna know, in what way is this show educational? need I remind you it's the same thing every damn episode. Why do Dora's parents ignore her, and let her go into the woods by herself without their supervision? Are they aware she could get molested and killed because she's like 7 or something and pedophiles could possibly hang out in the woods just to get their hands on kids. This is pretty much telling kids it's ok to walk in the woods by themselves, because they copy everything they see on TV, whether it's a cartoon or not, and they think the woods are safe just because Dora comes out unharmed. If I could give a zero on this site, this show would get one.
  • No good!