Doraemon

Disney XD Premiered Apr 02, 1979 In Season

Doraemon Fan Reviews (13)

• This show is just a landmark in Japanese animation, maybe even animation in general.

Started as a little magazine comic strip by Fujiko F. Fujio, Doraemon expanded into a mega franchise and is still expanding today. It's almost impossible to find someone in Japan that doesn't know about Doraemon, since it's been active for over 30 years.

The premise of the series is about forth-grader Nobita Nobi, whose life is shameless, terrible, and unlucky. Almost everyday, he gets bullied by big, brutal Gian and fox-faced, rich Suneo. He mostly refuses to do his homework, and has a crush on a pretty schoolgirl whose name that TV.com somehow censors when I type it, who is Nobita's friend and sometimes, his enemy. One day, a blue cat-type robot from the 22nd Century named Doraemon pops out of his desk. Doraemon has arrived to Nobita as a protector. His gadgets on his 4D pocket can help Nobita change his fate for a better cause, or will it?

This show is just a landmark in Japanese animation, maybe even animation in general. It's unfortunate that it never came to English-speaking countries including USA, England, and Australia. Well, there's hope for episodes with English subtitles on the net. On that thought, GO WATCH THEM! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Also, the review by TVguy041295, that's me. I wrote that review when I was 10!