A Downton Abbey Community
PBS (ended 2015)

Dust off your fancy pants, Downton Abbey fans. The British series' upcoming fifth season has a U.S. premiere date.

At the Television Critics Association fall previews on Tuesday, PBS boss Paula Kerger announced that Season 5 of the award-winning drama will debut in America on Sunday, January 4, 2015 as part of Masterpiece. Naturally, questions of why PBS won't air the series closer to its ITV airdates in England immediately arose—and Kerger simply pointed to the ratings in America, which are up 14 percent over the last year.

PBS also announced that it will continue importing Call the Midwife. The series about nuns and midwives in 1950s London will return for Season 4 on Sunday, March 29, 2015.

Are you excited to have Downton Abbey back? After Season 4's kind-of-ridiculous ending, what do you hope to see in Season 5?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/25/2015

Season 6 : Episode 9

10 Comments
Comments (10)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
In season 5 I would like to see Anna suspected of killing Green and have all the characters close to her working at crossed purposes to protect her. Then when it's all about to blow up have another victim of Green be guilty of the crime. In regards to Mary my vote is Evelyn Napier. Those Blues Eyes!!! Have the other 2 guys go at each unveiling lots of scandals, while Evelyn emerges like a butterfly for a cocoon allowing Mary to see how special he really is maybe more special than Matthew. I think he would look wonderful in a military uniform. Just saying. Edith needs to become a real force on Gregson's newspaper. Maybe going on a mission to investigate the emerging NAZI's and possibly finding Michael or finding out Gregson is a NAZI sympathizer. Branson should date the teacher just so the fam can get used to him with another women. Cora is interested in the school? Just a couple of thoughts and maybe Daisy and Jimmy could start to become an item she will inherit the farm someday. A little advice from Thomas to Jimmy???
Flag
Currently marathoning the series for the first time and it's great. I've only got a season and a half left to watch, I may just have to resist the urge to watch all of it at once so I can spread out my viewings to avoid the agonising wait.
Flag
So what's the ITV premiere date, for those, you know, that have certain abilities to get "International Broadcasts".
Flag
I think it's September 14
Flag
I'm really happy about Downton, but ecstatic about Midwife!!
Flag
I do think Call the Midwife is actually better than Downton Abbey (and I do like DA, but CtM is much better).
Flag
I'm excited, but cautiously so... I didn't enjoy season 4 nearly as much as the previous seasons.
Flag
Yes I am happy to have DOWNTON ABBEY return.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members