Downton Abbey Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ITVBetween Seasons

"Downton Abbey" Companion Guide to be released in September.

Lady_Lancaster

[1]Sep 4, 2011
    • level: 41

Hello All,

Just letting you know that on 15th September, 2011, Harper Collins UK will be releasing a book entitled "The World of Downton Abbey" by Jessica Fellowes, a well known writer and journalist. The book will introduce us to the characters and take us inside the house for an 'up close and personal' look at the show, the characters and the actors. It is available from Amazon and through retail outlets for approximately 20 pounds and will be a must for fans of the show. I have given this news its own thread so that people who may be interested will be sure to see it.

Happy Reading!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 75
    I got the book as a Xmas present and I have to say that it's a must have for any fan of the show

It is not just a collection of pictures and trivia randomly thrown together to make money out of fans but a really good guide with tons of information about the show, the cast, the crew, the historical period, etc. The finishing, covers, papers, pictures... all excellent. Top notch quality and a great acquisition all in all.

Lady_Lancaster

[3]Jan 1, 2012
    • level: 41

Totally agree. My daughter gave it to me as a Christmas present as well and it is indeed a beautiful book. It's definitely not just a money maker but a necessary piece of Downton history.

purseplay

[4]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 3
    I think that is so cool, as I just started watching the show and have become a HUGE fan...and I want to learn as much as I can about its actors and that interesting time period.

boom-moo

[5]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 75
    Forgot to mention that this Xmas I got the Chronicles of Downton Abbey and it's equally enjoyable