Downton Abbey Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ITVBetween Seasons

Who is your favourite regular character?

Lady_Lancaster

[1]May 8, 2011
    • level: 41

I confess that I like Lady Mary and also His Lordship. And, of course, the icing on the cake to make it all even better, the amazing DameMaggie Smith. Laughing

Whom do others enjoy watching the most?

Edited on 06/03/2011 5:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

juliet2170

[2]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 2

I have to say I like Sybil the most out of the girls. She's spunky and so far, only has good intentions towards her sisters. I also think she's the prettiest. I kind of wish she and Matthew would hit it off but Mary saw that coming and nipped it in the bud. Out of the men I like Carson. His practicing on the telephone was hilarious. He also sees "the family" as his own family which is very endearing while everyone else complains.

I'm not super fond of Anna the head maid as a character but I like how Joanne Froggatt carries her off. I didn't like her when she took over the head female role (Kate) on Robin Hood in that unfortunate third season but she shines more in this series.

mermayd

[3]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 19
    I like Sybil too. And she's a suffragette! (well sort of - she would be if she lived in London).

Lady Mary makes me angry. I think the actress who plays her is terrific but the character is indescribably selfish.

Out of the men I'm not sure, probably the Lord.

The only character I really dislike is O'Brien. Why is she so bitter and nasty. Has a positive thing ever come out of that woman's mouth?

boom-moo

[4]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 75
    I think the cast is magnificent, but I love Dame Maggie Smith (Dowager Countess of Grantham) and Penelope Wilton (Isobel Crawley). Always looking forward to their parts