Downton Abbey

PBS (ended 2015)

Downton Abbey Fan Reviews (43)

• Gratuitous rape has no place in my life

I proudly remain on the sidelines, never watching this reprehensible show again.
  • Obsession

3.5
    Thank goodness this is finally over. I quit watching after they gratuitously insisted on the rape storyline. That ruined it. Julian Fellowes seemed obsessed with this. First spending episode after episode with Bates being the murder suspect and then pointing the finger at Anna. Why did this show need that? IT DIDN'T!!!!! There is no defense. Please don't give me the "this kind of thing happens and should be depicted, in order to be true to the realities of How sad! It was SICK!
  • SHOW FOR THE LORDS N LADYS...

had to go though 3 seasons given the high this show sucks R GOOD BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN ITS can handle slow plots n storytelling but this show is just melodramatic n be bcoz its british way of getting high rating for their own shows and I SUPPOSE THIS IS TO SHOW TO THE WORLD HOW GOOD n KINDHEARTED N SIMPLE WERE THE LORDS N LADY'S OF ENGLAND, JUST TO DOWNPLAY THE THOUGHT OF 1000 YEARS OF TYRANNY N SUPRESSION...
  • its 9.5 if my mother tells me

I do not actually like this show, my mother made me give it a 9.5.
  • Watch "Downton Abbey Kids"

if you're a fan of Downton Abbey fan videos, watch "Downton Abbey Kids" on youtube, just in time for the season 3 (it's got a nice montage of all 3 seasons)
  • 2013 airings

when does the new season for 2013 start???
  • Simply an elegant ending

How could this have ever had a better ending. It took six long years but Edith is finally happy, god bless her, she was such a trooper to put up with those writers:( Mary had her just re-ward, her new hubby ended up being a used car salesman. Is it possible that Thomas out-grew his gayness?

I shall miss this show, I shall miss it indeed!!
  • oh yes please, this is my cuppa.

good show mr darcy :P
  • Amazing

It's currently my favorite TV show, and I have been watching since the beginning. The storylines are well-developed and intriguing - but don't get me started on the characters. Even the most minor characters are perfect. 10/10!
  • bad idea

If there was one show that should have NEVER been finished , this is it!
  • My favourite program

I nearly cried when Edith got her child back. Great program

• Downton Abbey; Greatest TV Drama Ever!

Absolutely great drama by ITV and Masterpiece! I own all four series on DVD and have watched all episodes. This is a drama that is outstanding in acting, location, costumes, music and everything English. We in America are truly in love with Downton Abbey; I love the character of Lady Mary the best but, everyone on the program is great. lt is a shame that American actors have become only celebrities and not true dramatists; I mostly watch English programs when they are available. Again, great job Julian Fellowes and all.
  • Excellent Show

Really envy to those people who live in yorkshire. The beautiful scenery, village, etc really add up to the series. Not to mention excellent acting by all of them. Simply the best show ever.
  • One of my two favorite shows!!

The other being The Walking Dead. On the surface they don't have anything in common, but they both have great characters that you love tuning in just to watch and compelling story arches.

I give Downtown the edge however, since I don't have to look through my fingers during any gorey scenes, lol
  • Love it

Love this show, excellent, Maggie Smith is great.
  • Where is it??

What am I doing wrong? Can't find any 2013 airings on this site?
  • Perfect!

THis show is absolutelly brilliant! excelent arcting, compelling story, right balance of drama. Perfect!
  • Downton Abbey Season 4

The show is a phenomenal drama show with the addition of Paul Giamatti.

Downton Abbey Season 4 is a show that takes place in 1912 during the sinking of the Titanic. Set on an Edwardian country house in Downton Abbey Season 4, life is idyllic and busting for a family called the Crawley's. The inhabitants of Downton Abbey, Robert, Earl of Grantham, his American heiress wife Cora and their three daughters, along with Robert's mother Violet, haven't lived a particularly tough life living in luxury with the help of a cadre of servants.

• For mamas, for papas, for girlfriend

Another fantastic show to watch with your girlfriend (even your parents will also love it). I love how the girls say "papaa". To be completely honest although it is not my style it is an incredible show, with very good actors (the grandma is fantastic) and a lot of drama and twists, although after watching the first episode of this new season it seems the drama is disapearing and i have no clue what direction the show is going.
  • Growing pains

I love the depiction of this aristocratic family struggling in the midst of a changing world. Robert (Hugh Bonneville) initially is befuddled thinking of life without his personal valet, while his mother (the wonderful Maggie Smith) sees no need for change; yet to add to her complex character, we see her making decisions that are in keeping with the times. It's a head-shaking moment when we see the lady's maid dress the women for bed, pulling on their dressing robe, only to have said lady walk to her bedside and remove it before getting in bed. However, what a delight to peek inside that remarkably honest picture of that lifestyle. The character of Edith, breaking out of her insecurities and becoming a business woman is wonderful and encouraging. Her sister, Mary (whom I suspect we are not to like overly much) is well done by Michelle Dockery, and portrays her own insecurities, albeit in a more covert manner. The downstairs staff is wonderfully integrated. Poor Mr. Carson whose identity is seemingly tied to THE FAMILY. He's sweetly endeared to Lady Mary and completely devoted to Robert, and he is definitely struggling with changes in the Abbey as well as in the world. Thomas Barrow, the troubled valet/servant--unlikeable from the beginning, now showing (only us) his hurts. Will Mrs. Patmore find love? Will Daisy leave the Abbey? There are so many more characters to contemplate. I look forward to seeing how the conclusion is written.
  • Can't wait for next Season...

Just finished last season still going Strong!!
  • TREMENDOUS

EXTREMELY GOOD. FANTASTIC ACTORS (DAME MAGGIE GETS SOME FANTASTIC ONE LINERS). CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 3. NEVER FAILS TO ENTERTAIN.
  • Jolly old England

I love this show because it shows that "I'm better than you" attitude that we just don't see in England anymore; unless you're in the royal family. A great series and great acting for the most part! Some of the characters are highly believable especially Maggie Smith. I just think she's perfect for the part.
  • Lovely

The filming is just beautiful. What's also pretty great is no commercials. Never thought I'd say this but yay PBS!!
  • Downton Abbey a class act

In the glorious tradition of shows like Upstairs Downstairs, Downton Abbey does not disappoint. Lady Mary Crawley played by Michelle Dockery is by far my favorite character. She is smart and witty and brilliantly written.

I find myself intrigued by her ability to capture the audience with a single stare. Michelle is fantastic. Who would have believed her success. Isn't this show one of the very greats. I look forward to each episode with enthusiasm. Keep up the great work.

Lonnie
  • A very interesting show

I was reading every comment written for this show and I am quite fascinated that you can see how they really love it because of how they sound like dialogues from the show. It's quite funny, and yes this show makes you want to live a life at downton abbey.
  • Best Show ever

I was channel surfing on a Sunday night when I came upon the first episode of this show and I've seen every episode since at least twice. I love this show.
  • NEW SEASON

WHEN it will start?
  • Season 4 - Thoughts

I've watched Series 4 live as I've been in the area and despite what some have said I think it keeps up the high standards of series past. I did feel there was one aspect in the series that seemed slightly too contrived but I don't want to give away anything. Suffice it to say I think it resolves well as the series goes along and takes us into an interesting realm.

As for those folks who'll be waiting for Paul Giamatti's appearance, it seems he'll only be in the Christmas Special. So don't hold your breath... I just hope I make it back for the special, I couldn't stand to wait until it's released in the Americas.

Over all I liked this series/season and where it went and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well: They rounded out a few long time characters and gave us some more romantic entanglements as well as new characters to get to know. My favorite being Charles Blake, who's portrayed by Julian Ovenden and is probably best known to American audiences as Andrew Foyle from the ITV program Foye's War.
  • Fantastic Show about Downton and his Abbey

Oh, when Abbey is on, all my ladies are glued to the TV. And finally I get the well deserved rest and can play Witcher on my PS4 without them asking me some silly question every 5 minutes.

And for that Downton Abbey deserves all its 10 stars. I never watched a single episode by myself and never going to, but the calmness it brings! oh, the calmness!.
< 1 2