Dr. 90210 Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on E!In Season

Peanut, the Reys dog

chinaa

[1]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and new indeed to posting itself.  As an animal lover I was especially interested in what seemed to be the untimely death of the Reys' little dog "Peanut."  The deaths of some animals in homes have been traced to the use of certain cleaning products on the floors.  If the Reys -- or anyone else who is interested -- were to email the MSPCA (Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) they could get a list of the cleaning products that have caused harm or death to pets.  The manufacturers, meaning no harm, upgrade and use differing chemicals for better and better cleaning.  Dogs and cats absorb the residue through their very sensitive and porous paws.  Obviously there would be more of an effect on a small animal.  Two people I know have lost their small dogs because of the dogs' contact with certain cleaning products on the floors.  The symptoms were the same:  a healthy dog, a sudden onset and death following on rather quickly.  The news about this has not yet permeated the veterinary world.  I'm not sure whether posting this would mean it could be relayed to the Reys. I hope it could because it might help them to protect their other pets.  I'm not trying to diagnose with such limited information -- nor do I know whether I'm right -- but I believe that the Reys and other animal lovers would want to know about this potential for harm.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.