Dr. Phil

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 16, 2002 In Season

Dr. Phil Fan Reviews (134)

6.8
  • Megyn Kelly

I thought the show with Megyn Kelly was pitiful. It was very inappropriate talking about Donald Trump, our President elect. If she wants to write her side in her book that's fine, but for you to have her on TV telling her side was unfair. I feel, if it had been and any other President or President elect, you would not have done it. I think you and Kelly owe our President elect an apology. You may think Kelly is telling the whole truth, but I for one do not believe everything she says. Of course she wants herself to look everyone else to look bad. She says she believes in the first amendment and she can say what she wants, but she doesn't want anyone else to say what they feel. Freedom of speech is for everyone, not just her. Again, Shame on having her on your show talking about our President elect. I thought you would have more respect for that office than you do.
  • Poor Megan Kelly

I cannot believe that Dr Phil who I normally agree with totally sold out to Meagan Kelly! Isn't it interesting that she did NOTHING about her sexual harassment until others came out and she follow them! If she was all she says she is she should have said something when it happened and maybe others would not have been harassed. But, Megan doesn't do anything unless it benefits Megan. She is so upset when SHE attacks Trump and how dare he do the same to her and the untouchable corrupt media that has been lying to this country for years and continues to do so. Trump did this country a huge favor exposing the corruption in the media. Megan is right in there with the biggest of them. I only hope Trump doesn't let any of them that lied to America anywhere near the White House. And Dr Phil, Megan Kelly's book is terrible. Shame on you for pushing it. I am no longer a fan.
  • HOW I GIT BACK MY LOST LOVE

James and I were together for 3 years and lived together for two until he was moved to another state for job in March of last was the last time we spent time went for a vacation and had a fabulous time,not knowing it would be the last time I would see stopped calling Nov,and just sent me a text saying he did not want to did not pursue it because I thought he just needed some came rolling in,and I found out he got could it be?I found out,shortly before we started dating,he was communicating with a girl from another country and made a trip there once and proposed to made another trip in finally came to the country Jan of this year and I figured the reason he dumped me was when he found out she was approved to come to the made the huge mistake of going to the social media and found the woman's posts of their wedding and hurt me more than I could has been 8 months since I've seen him but just can't get him out of my feel very jealous of his wake up in the morning feeling nonexistent,empty and wishing I don't wake up so I don't have to feel the same pain I could never get accustomed deceit and the fact that I was used and hurt so bad that I don't think I could move past decide to seek the help of a psychologist because I knew I was losing it. As I searched the internet, I found cases similar to mine and some,even all of them sang praises of a man whom helped them restoring their broken relationships,marriages and familyDr Kene Dilli. I was supprised and decided to give it a try as I contacted his email I found in those testimonies; doing all he instructed,he sent me a parcel plus the steps needed as reguarding the have got back my loverJames,and he has filed for a divorce with the other lady he married. #HappyToBeBackWithJames...
  • Be right back!

3.5
    Well regarding the show on the obese have to take a break. Be right back! (Music chimes in here)
  • What is going on lately?

I always loved Dr. Phil and I do still like him, and the show. But it just seems like he has gotten really impatient and short with his guests. I don't know if it's his ego, for just for show, for ratings, or whatever. But I don't remember him being so nasty in his younger years. If he were my personal therapist I don't think I would allow him to talk to me the way he talks to his guests. Lately, he has become demeaning and insulting to most of his guests. I can understand when he gets frustrated at guests who act as though they are doing him a favor by being there. I can't stand guests like that. But he seems to treat everyone in a rough way these days. He all but calls them idiots and behaves in a way that I would call unacceptable. What happened to you Dr Phil? Are you tired of doing the show? And, yes, we get it. You have been doing this for 45 years.
  • show about alcoholic mother

5.5
    The show about the mother who is an alcoholic, who was actually intoxicated on the show was a show that I think the public needed to see. The eye movements, the behavior seems to be similar in many alcoholics that I have met. I found this show important for the public to see, to glimpse into just a moment of what her daughters and husband had to go through. I could see the pain and frustration in the daughters eyes and I only wished that Dr. Phil would have suggested some groups for these young ladies to be involved in as well. As a child of an alcoholic I realized it is important to have some kind of help for the children as well. Realistic show, one that displays something I saw everyday. My heart goes out to the young ladies and I hope they find a support group to be involved with today, if they are not already involved in one.
  • Todays 061616 show

Very disappointing show. The female of the couple clearly had a reason to be anxious and her husband did lie was someone in the home or he was covering up internet activity or a phone text. Any correspondence a spouse has with someone outside of the marriage or relationship is a form of adultery and emotional abuse towards a partner wife or any spouse. Come on Dr Phil all you focused on was sex? She said she doesn't trust him at and has no respect for him clearly he is not the one for her she was emotionally distraut. His texts and relationship with that girl were totally inappropriate the reality that many older men fantasize about feeling attracted to someone that young and the young person ends up feeling awkward in the end of focusing on the relationship because he was immature and disrespectful and will not work you focused on sex and allowed her to feel worse in the end and he was shocked with guilt.
  • Looney Mom

I set and watch Dr Phil on May 24 2016. Is he for real? Whatever became of the two children? What became of the mentally ill and dangerous mother? I cannot believe that CPS did not come in and remove those girls from the Mom. I doubt very much that Dr Phil has his guest interest at heart. It seems it is all part of his big money making machine. I for one will never watch him again. I've had doubts about him before, but this went beyond believable! I group him with all the other tabloid shows on TV especially shoes like Maury, and rest of channel 5 LA shows. Dr Phil deserves a big fat zero rating.
  • michael brown

I have read a bunch of the reviews on different subject both pro and con, However, today the Michael Brown story is on the Dr Phil show. After two years Dr Phil has the nerve to bring this up again with Michael Brown's mother on the show. I simply can't believe after all the rioting, dying, looting, racism, story telling, racial slurs, racial lies, people resigning and folks begging for all of this to stop and Dr Phil puts it on his show two years later inconsiderate of all the loss, senseless, rediculous meaningless, unjustified and so much more just to try to maintain some level TV rating.
  • A HERO IN HIS OWN MIND!!!

Why would anyone subject themselves to this egotistical man. He doesn't even give people a chance to explain/defend themselves, it is so ridiculous. I use to record his shows and now I can't even stand watching him, he is a bully and I really believe he thinks he is on the same level as god. This man got way too big for his britches and I would love to see someone get up and knock him out. The ratings on his show have to be down by now, I haven't heard anything good about this man in over two years. Take his sorry disrespectful behavior off the TV,there are many other talk shows that are uplifting and enjoyable to watch. Every chance he gets he puts in a plug about how well educated he is, I am almost embarrassed for him every time he does it. I love when he turns to the audience and asks them "now do you agree with me" what the heck do you think their response is going to be? He doesn't help people, makes them walk away feeling worse, and who the hell is he?
  • Husbands ask Dr. Phil

I watched an episode of the Dr. Phil show today Husbands ask Dr. Phil. I normally am a very big fan but today I feel I saw a little biased and superficial behavior, advice, and rudeness from him that was very off putting. A husband wrote to him for help on how he might his marriage after cheating on her. Seems he totally ignored, insulted, and even rolled his eyes at this individual and only addressed the mans wife. They were a young couple with a kid and had been together five yrs. They were a biracial couple which I felt he did not agree with at all. He basically told her to get counseling for herself first the couples counseling if she wants to save the marriage but distance herself until she is done with counseling. Just the day before I watched an episode of a husband trying to save his marriage because his wife of ten yrs is having an affair and wanting a divorce with 3 kids. She lost some weight was feeling good about herself and wasn't getting enough attention from her husband so she cheats with her friends husband and breaks up their marriage and family and is going to do the same to her kids and family. She waited 10 yrs to do this we all no there are women out there that stay in a marriage they are not happy in for at least ten yrs so they can get half the assets without a whole lot of fight. I've seen many woman do this strategically had it planned after the first couple yrs of marriage. Dr. Phil begged this women to break off the affair and try to work it out in her marriage. I'm sorry but I saw unprofessional and bias in him as a Dr.
  • I AM SO SO HAPPY MY HUSBAND IS BACK ALL THANKS TO DR MOMODU

For the past 2 months now I have been looking for good and genius spell to bring back my husband and also help me to win lottery. and it has been a hard time for me finding the right place until I get in contact with Dr Momodu who gave me powerful spell and assured me that it will take 2 to 3 days before the spell will be effective, truly 3 days later, my husband rang me, i answered the call, he started apologizing, we are together Now. Thank you for making my husband to know that we are met to be together and also making my dreams come true. And he did a spell that make me to win lottery. Please if any body needs LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL, GET YOUR PARTNER. BACK AND MANY MORE YOU MAKE NEED. Email him now for your own help. OR DR. Momodu for the excessive work that he has done for me. his Via web sit:

• texting while driving

no way leave your cell phone alone while driving and surely dont text make this a stricker law

• Funny

Seems like Dr Phil is becoming a comic.. I've seen him on talk shows and he was quite comical...
  • Dr. Phil took an oath to "do no Does he fulfill that oath? Is he helpful?

A while back this past year when Dr. Phil brought the young couple on the show who lost legal custody to an Indian legal system, other than exposing the story I didn't see Dr. Phil lifting a finger to help this couple in a meaningful way. If you search of the Net Worth of Dr. Phil you will see how many hundreds of millions of dollars he is worth. You will see legal experts parade their expertise and get free advertising for their The Jody Arias episode is another example. The Jody Arias story is settled and nothing can done about it. Unless some legal issue could possibly bring that case back into court there is nothing more that could be done to Jodie Arias. On a related point, I personally have no interest nor have watched any of the OJ Simpson series on FX. As a truck driver I used to pass by the prison in Nevada where OJ is held. I did, however find it fascinating to watch the two part series on Bernie Mahdoff. That show demonstrated how one guy figured out the ponzie scheme 7 years previous to the exposing of Bernie and how the SEC ignored attempts by this individual to expose the scheme... The latest example of Dr. Phil's "non-help" is the issue around a mother-daughter come on the show to show how the system railroaded the daughter into signing over custody to the state. One of Dr. Phil's legal experts come on the show to profess there is no legal method to reverse an adoption. So what help did Dr. Phil give to these two women? He managed to make them look even more embarrassing than they already were. He made money off the misery of two people who already experienced misery and have no hope in their objective. This was helpful in one way. It was helpful to expose Dr. Phil.... by the way, this forum has clipped words from my post so if you read stuff that sounds disjointed, that's the reason why...
  • Why is the camera on Robin

I have watched Dr Phil counsel many families in conflict and I've watched how easy it is to escalate the fighting and bad feelings. I appreciate his reality based advice (decide if you want to be right or happy! )

But lately I find Dr Phil's peddling of his wife's theories or books is insulting to many viewers. The camera focuses on Robin displaying her many cosmetic surgeries, while Phil praises her wisdom and accomplishments. What are her accomplishments?
  • losing interest

I watch on OWN I am getting to the point I can't watch, you get into an issue and every 10 to 11 minutes there is 4 to 5 minutes of commercials
  • Jody Arias

Dr. Phil I am a religious watcher but you really lost me today. What is the point of reliving this horrific story. She was a mentally unstable person and all you are doing is giving her more press which I am sure she is loving. Justice did what it was suppose to and there is no reason to go back and look at it again. As your guest said today she was evil yes she was and don't you think you could be helping people that really need your help. Missed it on this one Dr. Phil
  • December 16, 2015 lost a child show

If you think Dr. Phil helps people on his show , I would advise you to do a little more research. I watched a taping of Phil Mcgraws show that was about my friend and her grief for her lost daughter. I won't call him a doctor because if he was a doctor , his ethics are in direct conflict with do no harm. Phill McGraw controls every aspect of the show, so he knows the tactics his producers use to create a bad guy in the family. In this case it was the grieving mother. His producers knowingly and persistently created friction between the mother and her surviving children when her producer, Daniel, came into their rooms and told her, her kids were coming for blood. Then he went back to the kids and told them their mother was calling them liars. They also told the children that the robbery that occurred to their mother, which caused her to suffer from PTSD didn't happen the way she said so her son called her a liar on camera. Some how I don't think the bank would have made a six figure settlement if there was no harm inflicted. The producers promised to provide therapy for the family which was not offered after the show as promised. So a family in crisis came for help and was left in more conflict than ever. Good for you Phil McGraw! You got your ratings and produced a show based on complete twisting of the facts. My friend is the kindest, most generous, honest person I have ever known and you threw her under the freight train so you could look like a hero. Hope your proud of your self Phil McGraw! Hope you and your crew enjoy the holiday season at home with your families and you can leave all the ugly details of how you do your jobs at the studio because my friend has absolutely no chance of having her family for Christmas, thanks to you! Sincerely Georgy
  • Rude people

I have read all the comments and the people that talk about Dr. Phil getting old well yea we do dumb asses. And the way people talk about Robin maybe you should look in the mirror and you jealous of her. Stop being a hater and your probably bit fuck ugly and fat your self. He has helped so many people and your all you can say is he is getting old and his wife

Grow up people.

• 11/27/2015 Show

Dr. Phil tries to handle some of these parents with compassion and not too harshly. Perhaps he senses they are unable to take his being too firm and direct with them.

Does not the fact that the 13 year old boy spent the first three years of his life being raised by his aunt, as well as he has stated he DOES NOT like being in the basement and wants to be upstairs with the rest of the family, have SOME bearing on his behavior combined with the rest of the things going on in his life???
  • dr phil and Mrs filler

I don't know if it's me or what but dr phil is looking old and walking really slower lately as he walks off the stage and grabs Mrs fills hand. So it looks like an old man and his pretending to be 21 y/o wife walking hand and hand into the sunset. He also repeats degrading remarks to his guests over and over again. He talks about stupid topics now like one step above jerry Springer. I saw one woman give it right back to him and loved it! He is constantly plugging his products and his website. I don't think he's a very nice man
  • He has no interest in helping people

Dr Phil's motto is If you allow me to exploit you and your issues and completely humiliate you in a very condescending manner, then I'll send you off somewhere for someone else to help you!
  • dr akim

how i got my husband back and got pregnant after 5 years!!!my husband has been patient with me and has been encouraging me that it will be best if we had hopes that we will have a child one year,we had a little fight and he demanded for a divorce and i was so down because without him,i am left me and the next day i met him with another woman in a shopping even tried talking to him but he pretended he didn't know told my sister about it and she introduced me to the Famous Prophet Akim,who helps in so many contacted him and he did his thing,before i knew it,the next day Moric called me and apologized that he was sorry for everything and that i should take him back and that he will cancel the divorce,i had no choice than to accept him,and we have been living happily until i felt sick and went for check up and the doctor confirmed me am so happy and all thanks to Dr Akim for all his him now for any kind of problem and he will surely try his best to make you happy. His email is thanks once again Dr Akim for everything :)
  • Perpetual plugging of Dr. On Demand, Books and Robin's Skin Care

1.5
    Dr. Phil has become a shyster. His show has become a platform for his Dr. On Demand app and his numerous books, plus for His wax museum wife Robin's skin care line. It is almost disgusting to see him continually plug his products and actually flies in conflict with his stated purpose of wanting to change people's only at the expense of the Mcgraw family doing their snake oil presentation every single show!
  • infomercials

Some days the show has become an infomercial for Robin's skin care products. Her face, however, is not a very good testament for her products. She looks alien and frozen in place. Her lips have been "plumped" so much that she can't seem to close them. She must have been pretty at one time but she has taken the surgery and Botox way too far.
  • Good/Bad

Interesting subjects . I like that Dr Phil helps people. Must be a good tax write off. Not to say he's not genuine. He and his wife have good causes they support. BUT Dr Phil is very smug, even rude. Sometimes just outright exploiting those who do not know better, for ratings. It seems often he's listening but not really hearing guests. Yes,he's heard it hundreds of times. But not everyone is a moron .Give them some credit and dig a little. Have an open mind. No one knows it all ,not even him.
  • Race card

Now Dr Phil is cashing in on the emotional white on black race card just like main stream media. He is another Al Shapton or cnn. Dr Phil: Try doing a program on "white girls bleed a lot" or the topic "don't make the black kid angry". You want truth? Or cash?
  • Mom hasnt spoken to daughter in seven years

5.5
    Try 25 years and the grandchildren are grown kept from their grandmother and there are no explanations except religion and a possible roach. Add to the mix the son is a minister and his wife is the daughter of a pastor who demanded my son untie his apron strings to his family but his daughter did not have to untie her apron strings. My mother was not did not even raise me however I loved her because she was my mother not because of what she did or did not do. On the March 5th, 2015 show I think Jen needs to understand she is not perfect. I am an adult as well as an abused child. A lot of the people who abused me are now dead and gone but they are still in my head and govern much of my thinking. Sometimes isolation is the only way to deal with abuse. That's what I have chosen to do rather than allow my son and his wife to abuse me any longer.
  • Robin should try this

I think Robin should try the ice mask from nuvovisage