Dr. Phil

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 16, 2002 In Season

Dr. Phil Fan Reviews (142)

6.8
  • Dr. Phil So Angry Recently

Has anyone else noticed how very ANGRY Dr. Phil has been on the show recently? It's quite a stretch from the way he used to be. It almost makes me not want to watch the show.
  • Celebrities need to repent of being celebrities

I know that Dr. Phil means well and he has the best of intentions. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions, especially since Dr. Phil and his staff are unknowingly giving millions of people a very bad example of what is and isn't important in life. First and foremost, Dr. Phil needs to get off of national TV and the Internet and repent of the sin of being a celebrity. No one should ever want to be a celebrity, especially if they claim to be a Christian. The very purpose of being a celebrity is to honor and exalt oneself on high--just like Lucifer did while he was still an angel in heaven. On the surface, what Dr. Phil is doing for millions of people is honorable and praiseworthy. But it's a direct slap in the face to Jesus Christ and what He said in Matthew 6:1-6 in the Bible. If Dr. Phil really wants to help people and make the world a better place, he absolutely must do his good deeds in secret (behind closed doors) . We too should avoid social media whenever possible and avoid becoming a celebrity at all costs. I pray also that everyone of us would stop fueling the fire by honoring and praising those celebrities. We need to stop communicating with any celebrity until he or she repents of it.
  • Enough with Infomercials on Robyn's skin care products

I have watched Dr. Phil since he was on Oprah and thru the years he has occasionally promoted his wife's causes like "When Georgia since she has had her own skin care line it's been promoted at the end of nearly every show to say it's starting to really bother me to the point I am ready to stop watching him all together. There are rich enough to do their own infomercial to promote yet another "miracle skin product(s) without forcing it upon his TV show audience. They are richer than God and there is NO NEED for what he is trying to do by forcing people to hear about how great Robyn's skin care line is. Have you priced out this skin care the rich and famous can afford it. Please inform Dr. Phil to stop this nepatusm now because he is going to lose viewers for trying to turn the last 10 mi Utes if the show in to a promotional ad for his wife's products. In the last 15 episodes he has promoted her 13 ALREADY. He could use this time to promote missing children or posting America's most would be better than what he is should threaten to cancel the show if he doesn't stop. No doubt he has helped a lot of people over the years but this has nothing to do with it except to try and help her sell her ridiculously priced "miracle" skin care line very similar to Julia Roberts, Christy Brinkley, and Cindy Crawford but to name a few. Are you as fed up as I am with this?
  • Aren't they rich enough?

What is with the info commercials on Dr. Phil's show. Aren't they rich enough that they now have to peddle Robin's skin care too. Why don't they just create an info commercial for their skin care, books and apps apart from the Dr. Phil show? So sick of that. He says she hasn't had plastic surgery, not buying it. She clearly had her eyes done and she is full of filler and Botox. Not for a minute am I buying it's her skin care. She doesn't have one wrinkle. Dr. Phil let's get back to the business of mental health and bag the constant peddling of your products it's disgusting!

• infomercials

What happened to Robin's face? It looks as though she is constantly surprised and can't close her eyes all the way. Her lips are puffy and don't meet when she tries to close her mouth. Her face is frozen into a mask. She was probably quite attractive at one time but plastic surgery has done a number on her. Are her skin care products just for those people who have overdone the plastic surgery? Maybe she should have tried them before she went under the knife.
  • STOP MARKETING!

Dr Phil now gives a perfunctory effort to help people and spends too much time marketing products. I am disabled and Dr Phil is a important part of my afternoon. Now I am constantly disappointed and, sometimes, angry. I will NOT buy anything hawked on the show,
  • Enough Dr. Phil

Why is Dr. Phil using the last 10-15 minutes of his show every day to sell his wife's beauty products? Isn't he there to help others? I get so sick of him talking about his wife and kids. My sons in a rock band, my son owns this book publishing company, my wife created a beauty product line and on and on. The only thing more irritating than Dr. Phil's voice is his ego.. It's always about him and his family. Pictures of his family and grandkids every day. He always makes his guests story about him. Get over yourself Dr. Phil. It's not all about you. No one has a perfect family. Not even you.
  • Tiresome promotion of wife's skin care products

This repetitive hyping of his wife's "skin care" product is painful and very unprofessional. I for one am not interested in yet another over-advertised skin care line. I turn on to Dr. Phil to listen to him and his interviewees, not his wife. And certainly not to another ad ... which is what this is. A glaring conflict of interest. Just stick to your successful format. Please!
  • Dr. Phil infomercial

Anybody else sick of the Dr. Phil infomercial peddling his wife's snake oil.
  • Megyn Kelly

I thought the show with Megyn Kelly was pitiful. It was very inappropriate talking about Donald Trump, our President elect. If she wants to write her side in her book that's fine, but for you to have her on TV telling her side was unfair. I feel, if it had been and any other President or President elect, you would not have done it. I think you and Kelly owe our President elect an apology. You may think Kelly is telling the whole truth, but I for one do not believe everything she says. Of course she wants herself to look everyone else to look bad. She says she believes in the first amendment and she can say what she wants, but she doesn't want anyone else to say what they feel. Freedom of speech is for everyone, not just her. Again, Shame on having her on your show talking about our President elect. I thought you would have more respect for that office than you do.
  • Poor Megan Kelly

I cannot believe that Dr Phil who I normally agree with totally sold out to Meagan Kelly! Isn't it interesting that she did NOTHING about her sexual harassment until others came out and she follow them! If she was all she says she is she should have said something when it happened and maybe others would not have been harassed. But, Megan doesn't do anything unless it benefits Megan. She is so upset when SHE attacks Trump and how dare he do the same to her and the untouchable corrupt media that has been lying to this country for years and continues to do so. Trump did this country a huge favor exposing the corruption in the media. Megan is right in there with the biggest of them. I only hope Trump doesn't let any of them that lied to America anywhere near the White House. And Dr Phil, Megan Kelly's book is terrible. Shame on you for pushing it. I am no longer a fan.
  • HOW I GIT BACK MY LOST LOVE

James and I were together for 3 years and lived together for two until he was moved to another state for job in March of last was the last time we spent time went for a vacation and had a fabulous time,not knowing it would be the last time I would see stopped calling Nov,and just sent me a text saying he did not want to did not pursue it because I thought he just needed some came rolling in,and I found out he got could it be?I found out,shortly before we started dating,he was communicating with a girl from another country and made a trip there once and proposed to made another trip in finally came to the country Jan of this year and I figured the reason he dumped me was when he found out she was approved to come to the made the huge mistake of going to the social media and found the woman's posts of their wedding and hurt me more than I could has been 8 months since I've seen him but just can't get him out of my feel very jealous of his wake up in the morning feeling nonexistent,empty and wishing I don't wake up so I don't have to feel the same pain I could never get accustomed deceit and the fact that I was used and hurt so bad that I don't think I could move past decide to seek the help of a psychologist because I knew I was losing it. As I searched the internet, I found cases similar to mine and some,even all of them sang praises of a man whom helped them restoring their broken relationships,marriages and familyDr Kene Dilli. I was supprised and decided to give it a try as I contacted his email I found in those testimonies; doing all he instructed,he sent me a parcel plus the steps needed as reguarding the have got back my loverJames,and he has filed for a divorce with the other lady he married. #HappyToBeBackWithJames...
  • Be right back!

3.5
    Well regarding the show on the obese have to take a break. Be right back! (Music chimes in here)
  • What is going on lately?

I always loved Dr. Phil and I do still like him, and the show. But it just seems like he has gotten really impatient and short with his guests. I don't know if it's his ego, for just for show, for ratings, or whatever. But I don't remember him being so nasty in his younger years. If he were my personal therapist I don't think I would allow him to talk to me the way he talks to his guests. Lately, he has become demeaning and insulting to most of his guests. I can understand when he gets frustrated at guests who act as though they are doing him a favor by being there. I can't stand guests like that. But he seems to treat everyone in a rough way these days. He all but calls them idiots and behaves in a way that I would call unacceptable. What happened to you Dr Phil? Are you tired of doing the show? And, yes, we get it. You have been doing this for 45 years.
  • show about alcoholic mother

5.5
    The show about the mother who is an alcoholic, who was actually intoxicated on the show was a show that I think the public needed to see. The eye movements, the behavior seems to be similar in many alcoholics that I have met. I found this show important for the public to see, to glimpse into just a moment of what her daughters and husband had to go through. I could see the pain and frustration in the daughters eyes and I only wished that Dr. Phil would have suggested some groups for these young ladies to be involved in as well. As a child of an alcoholic I realized it is important to have some kind of help for the children as well. Realistic show, one that displays something I saw everyday. My heart goes out to the young ladies and I hope they find a support group to be involved with today, if they are not already involved in one.
  • Todays 061616 show

Very disappointing show. The female of the couple clearly had a reason to be anxious and her husband did lie was someone in the home or he was covering up internet activity or a phone text. Any correspondence a spouse has with someone outside of the marriage or relationship is a form of adultery and emotional abuse towards a partner wife or any spouse. Come on Dr Phil all you focused on was sex? She said she doesn't trust him at and has no respect for him clearly he is not the one for her she was emotionally distraut. His texts and relationship with that girl were totally inappropriate the reality that many older men fantasize about feeling attracted to someone that young and the young person ends up feeling awkward in the end of focusing on the relationship because he was immature and disrespectful and will not work you focused on sex and allowed her to feel worse in the end and he was shocked with guilt.
  • Looney Mom

I set and watch Dr Phil on May 24 2016. Is he for real? Whatever became of the two children? What became of the mentally ill and dangerous mother? I cannot believe that CPS did not come in and remove those girls from the Mom. I doubt very much that Dr Phil has his guest interest at heart. It seems it is all part of his big money making machine. I for one will never watch him again. I've had doubts about him before, but this went beyond believable! I group him with all the other tabloid shows on TV especially shoes like Maury, and rest of channel 5 LA shows. Dr Phil deserves a big fat zero rating.
  • michael brown

I have read a bunch of the reviews on different subject both pro and con, However, today the Michael Brown story is on the Dr Phil show. After two years Dr Phil has the nerve to bring this up again with Michael Brown's mother on the show. I simply can't believe after all the rioting, dying, looting, racism, story telling, racial slurs, racial lies, people resigning and folks begging for all of this to stop and Dr Phil puts it on his show two years later inconsiderate of all the loss, senseless, rediculous meaningless, unjustified and so much more just to try to maintain some level TV rating.
  • A HERO IN HIS OWN MIND!!!

Why would anyone subject themselves to this egotistical man. He doesn't even give people a chance to explain/defend themselves, it is so ridiculous. I use to record his shows and now I can't even stand watching him, he is a bully and I really believe he thinks he is on the same level as god. This man got way too big for his britches and I would love to see someone get up and knock him out. The ratings on his show have to be down by now, I haven't heard anything good about this man in over two years. Take his sorry disrespectful behavior off the TV,there are many other talk shows that are uplifting and enjoyable to watch. Every chance he gets he puts in a plug about how well educated he is, I am almost embarrassed for him every time he does it. I love when he turns to the audience and asks them "now do you agree with me" what the heck do you think their response is going to be? He doesn't help people, makes them walk away feeling worse, and who the hell is he?
  • Husbands ask Dr. Phil

I watched an episode of the Dr. Phil show today Husbands ask Dr. Phil. I normally am a very big fan but today I feel I saw a little biased and superficial behavior, advice, and rudeness from him that was very off putting. A husband wrote to him for help on how he might his marriage after cheating on her. Seems he totally ignored, insulted, and even rolled his eyes at this individual and only addressed the mans wife. They were a young couple with a kid and had been together five yrs. They were a biracial couple which I felt he did not agree with at all. He basically told her to get counseling for herself first the couples counseling if she wants to save the marriage but distance herself until she is done with counseling. Just the day before I watched an episode of a husband trying to save his marriage because his wife of ten yrs is having an affair and wanting a divorce with 3 kids. She lost some weight was feeling good about herself and wasn't getting enough attention from her husband so she cheats with her friends husband and breaks up their marriage and family and is going to do the same to her kids and family. She waited 10 yrs to do this we all no there are women out there that stay in a marriage they are not happy in for at least ten yrs so they can get half the assets without a whole lot of fight. I've seen many woman do this strategically had it planned after the first couple yrs of marriage. Dr. Phil begged this women to break off the affair and try to work it out in her marriage. I'm sorry but I saw unprofessional and bias in him as a Dr.
  • I AM SO SO HAPPY MY HUSBAND IS BACK ALL THANKS TO DR MOMODU

For the past 2 months now I have been looking for good and genius spell to bring back my husband and also help me to win lottery. and it has been a hard time for me finding the right place until I get in contact with Dr Momodu who gave me powerful spell and assured me that it will take 2 to 3 days before the spell will be effective, truly 3 days later, my husband rang me, i answered the call, he started apologizing, we are together Now. Thank you for making my husband to know that we are met to be together and also making my dreams come true. And he did a spell that make me to win lottery. Please if any body needs LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL, GET YOUR PARTNER. BACK AND MANY MORE YOU MAKE NEED. Email him now for your own help. OR DR. Momodu for the excessive work that he has done for me. his Via web sit:

• texting while driving

no way leave your cell phone alone while driving and surely dont text make this a stricker law

• Funny

Seems like Dr Phil is becoming a comic.. I've seen him on talk shows and he was quite comical...
  • Dr. Phil took an oath to "do no Does he fulfill that oath? Is he helpful?

A while back this past year when Dr. Phil brought the young couple on the show who lost legal custody to an Indian legal system, other than exposing the story I didn't see Dr. Phil lifting a finger to help this couple in a meaningful way. If you search of the Net Worth of Dr. Phil you will see how many hundreds of millions of dollars he is worth. You will see legal experts parade their expertise and get free advertising for their The Jody Arias episode is another example. The Jody Arias story is settled and nothing can done about it. Unless some legal issue could possibly bring that case back into court there is nothing more that could be done to Jodie Arias. On a related point, I personally have no interest nor have watched any of the OJ Simpson series on FX. As a truck driver I used to pass by the prison in Nevada where OJ is held. I did, however find it fascinating to watch the two part series on Bernie Mahdoff. That show demonstrated how one guy figured out the ponzie scheme 7 years previous to the exposing of Bernie and how the SEC ignored attempts by this individual to expose the scheme... The latest example of Dr. Phil's "non-help" is the issue around a mother-daughter come on the show to show how the system railroaded the daughter into signing over custody to the state. One of Dr. Phil's legal experts come on the show to profess there is no legal method to reverse an adoption. So what help did Dr. Phil give to these two women? He managed to make them look even more embarrassing than they already were. He made money off the misery of two people who already experienced misery and have no hope in their objective. This was helpful in one way. It was helpful to expose Dr. Phil.... by the way, this forum has clipped words from my post so if you read stuff that sounds disjointed, that's the reason why...
  • Why is the camera on Robin

I have watched Dr Phil counsel many families in conflict and I've watched how easy it is to escalate the fighting and bad feelings. I appreciate his reality based advice (decide if you want to be right or happy! )

But lately I find Dr Phil's peddling of his wife's theories or books is insulting to many viewers. The camera focuses on Robin displaying her many cosmetic surgeries, while Phil praises her wisdom and accomplishments. What are her accomplishments?
  • losing interest

I watch on OWN I am getting to the point I can't watch, you get into an issue and every 10 to 11 minutes there is 4 to 5 minutes of commercials
  • Jody Arias

Dr. Phil I am a religious watcher but you really lost me today. What is the point of reliving this horrific story. She was a mentally unstable person and all you are doing is giving her more press which I am sure she is loving. Justice did what it was suppose to and there is no reason to go back and look at it again. As your guest said today she was evil yes she was and don't you think you could be helping people that really need your help. Missed it on this one Dr. Phil
  • December 16, 2015 lost a child show

If you think Dr. Phil helps people on his show , I would advise you to do a little more research. I watched a taping of Phil Mcgraws show that was about my friend and her grief for her lost daughter. I won't call him a doctor because if he was a doctor , his ethics are in direct conflict with do no harm. Phill McGraw controls every aspect of the show, so he knows the tactics his producers use to create a bad guy in the family. In this case it was the grieving mother. His producers knowingly and persistently created friction between the mother and her surviving children when her producer, Daniel, came into their rooms and told her, her kids were coming for blood. Then he went back to the kids and told them their mother was calling them liars. They also told the children that the robbery that occurred to their mother, which caused her to suffer from PTSD didn't happen the way she said so her son called her a liar on camera. Some how I don't think the bank would have made a six figure settlement if there was no harm inflicted. The producers promised to provide therapy for the family which was not offered after the show as promised. So a family in crisis came for help and was left in more conflict than ever. Good for you Phil McGraw! You got your ratings and produced a show based on complete twisting of the facts. My friend is the kindest, most generous, honest person I have ever known and you threw her under the freight train so you could look like a hero. Hope your proud of your self Phil McGraw! Hope you and your crew enjoy the holiday season at home with your families and you can leave all the ugly details of how you do your jobs at the studio because my friend has absolutely no chance of having her family for Christmas, thanks to you! Sincerely Georgy
  • Rude people

I have read all the comments and the people that talk about Dr. Phil getting old well yea we do dumb asses. And the way people talk about Robin maybe you should look in the mirror and you jealous of her. Stop being a hater and your probably bit fuck ugly and fat your self. He has helped so many people and your all you can say is he is getting old and his wife

Grow up people.

• 11/27/2015 Show

Dr. Phil tries to handle some of these parents with compassion and not too harshly. Perhaps he senses they are unable to take his being too firm and direct with them.

Does not the fact that the 13 year old boy spent the first three years of his life being raised by his aunt, as well as he has stated he DOES NOT like being in the basement and wants to be upstairs with the rest of the family, have SOME bearing on his behavior combined with the rest of the things going on in his life???
AFNATL