Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Pilot

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jan 01, 1993 on CBS

• Watching the pilot is like going on a roller coaster ride, where so many things happen one after another, that you just find yourself captivated through the whole journey.

This was an excellent pilot episode, or rather pilot movie, that I have had the pleasure of watching. So many small stories and adventures of Dr. Quinn’s new life are interwoven into a large one in the pilot. We see her acquaintance with the different townspeople in Colorado Springs, and how she manages to change some of their opinions and judgment towards her. So many character relationships are made and broken in this episode, such as Mike’s friendship with Charlotte or Maude. You hardly expect an interesting character to die in the first episode itself, but that’s what happens here. Searching for a missing child, helping a woman give birth, saving a Indian Chief’s life, and stopping a war from taking place are only one of the few incidents that Mike gets involved in this episode.

Some of the most memorable scenes in this episode are - Charlotte’s last words to Mike
    - Mike and Sully talking by the fire in the Cheyenne territory
    - Christmas reunion in the end
    - The exciting fight scene at the saloon

The performances by Jane Seymour, Joe Lando and the rest of the cast are excellent. They portray the characters so realistically, that you actually feel that you are in that era, and you are rooting for Mike to prove herself to the others. I

All in all, this was a great pilot movie that can be enjoyed by the entire family.