Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

CBS (ended 1998)

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman Fan Reviews (37)

• Dr. Michaela Quinn heads out west on her own to practice medicine in the Wild West. Along the way, she adopts a family of children, falls in love with a mountain man, and earns the respect and admiration of the Colorado Springs community.

I really liked this show when it originally aired on TV, and I bought the DVDs recently, and like it even more the second time around. It was fun to watch the relationship between Dr. Mike and and her mountain man love, Sully, progress. I seems rare for a show to actually allow a romantic relationship to progress from the very beginning to a mature relationship.

The "messages" contained in each show were always well done. The show was an example how how television can be entertaining without being shocking or abrasive - one of my gripes about much of what's on TV. The chemistry between Jane Seymour and Joe Lando was fantastic. I'll never get tired of seeing these two together. An excellent ensemble cast rounded out the show, and the writers did a good job of including story lines that involved each of the characters.
INSP