Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

To Have and to Hold

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM May 02, 1998 on CBS

• Michaela falls, sustaining a head injury, and she and sully look back on the past year or two as Sully tries to keep her awake, so she doesn't slip into a coma.

While returning from a week long trip with Sully, Michaela stumbles and falls, sustaining a head injury. The couple takes refuge in an abandoned cabin where Sully must keep Michaela awake to prevent her from slipping into a coma. Together, they reminisce about a myriad of different memories, both good and bad. In this episode, Michaela and Sully come to terms with Michaela's miscarriage and we find out how Sully dealt with the news of losing their child. This episode takes place during the end of season 6, and I believe is an appropriate look back on the many events that have put their love to the ultimate test. To me, this episode showed us everything that Sully and Michaela stand for. I normally don't like flashback episodes, but this one flashed back on the hard times and showed that love is so important in getting through those times.