Dr. Shrinker Forums

ABC (ended 1977)

Am I the only one who loved this show?

jopy666

[1]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 12
    Seriously, this show gave me some of the best nightmares. Sure the acting was terrible (with of course Jay Robinson being the exception) the execution was poor, the special effects were a joke, and the premise wore thing incredibly quickly, but, it was a very early sci-fi/horror show aimed at kids! I still have thoughts of the evil Dr. Shrinker even now! Anyone else love this show as much as i did?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TVvuer69

[2]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 58

I very vaguely remember this show. I was only about 6 or 7 years old when it first aired and it hasn't been on since. A number of the Sid and Marty Kroft shows aired on Nick at Nite's retro TV a few years ago, but this wasn't one of them. I do enjoy sci-fi and particularly like the shrinking theme they've done in various shows. Another show I liked was Irwin Allen's Land of the Giants, but that was more normal-sized people from Earth winding up on a planet of people 12 times larger than them. Both this and Dr. Shrinker were cheesy and campy, but pretty enjoyable. The best I saw of this premise was in an episode of The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn titled "Strange Experiment". This series was a mix of live action and animation as the lead characters were played by young actors who wind up in the world of animation. With this particular episode, Huck is shrunken by an mad scientist and his friends have to help him return to normal size. I don't know if you've seen this, but it was an excellent episode that had a mix of drama, comedy, and horror. Below is the link to it:

http://www.tv.com/the-new-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn/strange-experiment/episode/942617/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;11

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.