A Dracula Community
NBC (ended 2014)
poll
Comments (33)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think it's a bit stupid to rule out the show as ridiculous, because it's a show about Dracula, a vampire. Unless you believe that vampires are real, every show about vampires is ridiculous.
Flag
Dracula is fantastic. Deeply disturbing in parts and very well written. It embodies the Dracula character perfectly. The show has many different angles and I can't wait for some of them to unfold. Especially his relationship with Van Helsing.
Dracula is a character we all have a memory of so it's not an easy show to bring to the screen but what I have seen so far has really impressed me. I can already see that it's becoming as much a psychological horror as a visual one.

Roll on the next episode in January, I can't wait.

Dracula and Almost Human are my two favorite shows at the moment and this is unusual for me because they are both brand new shows.
Flag
One of the most solid shows out there.
Flag
Steampunk!Dracula: Business and Bizsnatch. Is not exactly what I was expecting in the series, but after two/three episodes of "What exactly am I watching?! I can't tell all these old white men apart!!!", I've grown to like certain parts of it.

I'm just in it for the Drac/Renfield 1800s bromance and Lady Janes boobs, honestly. I'm completely confounded by Van Heslings super convoluted revenge scheme. Couldn't he just stab that grey haired asshole that burned his family alive pretty much on the street at any given time? Can't Dracula just eat The Order of the Dragon? Other things that confound me, everyone's lust for Mina and Lady Jane not noticing that Dracula doesn't have a heartbeat when they bone.

Mina is beautiful, but she just doesn't have IT. And by it, I mean a vivacious, charming, commanding,personality. Maybe her hooha is enchanted, I wouldn't put a magically enchanted past-life hooha beyond this show. Harker, Dracula, and poor Lucy sweating her is beyond ridiculous. Well, Harker just seems to be sweating her because someone else is, he seems pretty annoyed with her at most times. Frankly, the romantic angle is the least interesting thing going for this show. Dracula should just bite Harker, Lucy, Mina, and Lady Jane and keep them as his sex hareem and go on with his plans to dominate the world through Green Energy, lol.
More+
Flag
You are right about Mina, she didn't even had it in Arrow as Helena !
Flag
Another pointless article voted up by TV.com staff. In this case not even an article. Sorry.
Flag
I actually just wanted some general opinion – hence the poll. But as there actually seem to be some people willing to share more thoughts about the show, I wrote down a couple of lines (pointless or not).
Flag
No offence intended, and I was not criticizing your effort here, I just don't understand why TV.com staff are voting it up, they seem to want to swamp the site in linked content.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Yes please write some !!!
Flag
I don't know why TV.com has a stick up its butt about this show... No pun intended.

Flag
I love it. It's so beautifully shot. Yes, the plot is dodgy and the dialog is heavy-handed, but for one thing there often isn't a whole lot of talking. JRM has always been so creepy hot, this is his ideal role and I just hate the idea that it's flopping. In the middle of last week's episode I found myself thinking "I LOVE this show oh crap they are totally going to cancel it."

I suspect the staff recaps stopped because Tim clearly just didn't like the show, but it's a bummer because he was still pretty funny about it.
Flag
Been following the series very closely. Many good story lines emerging, albeit a slow, incoherent and seemingly a wayward start. So, my fingers are crossed and hoping for the best for this.
Flag
I voted on the last one, but the most accurate answer for me would be to say something like "it's been ok enough to keep me going, but they better step it up if they want me to continue watching past this season."
Flag
I'll see it through to the end of the season (or series?) but will stop after that, it's just too ridiculous and has no real plot at all. and I don't see how we should root for the girl to be with Dracula over her fiance.
Flag
No I have not given up on the show. I absolutely love it !
Flag
Not much of a discussion here either. I think an article would've been better for that effect than just a poll.
Flag
As there didn't seem to be much of a discussion on the actual "discuss the episode"-post, I was just curious how much of an interested audience the show still had... I didn't even expect so much as to have people discuss the current state! :-D
Flag
OK!
Flag
I felt compelled after reading your post, though ;-)
Flag
In mi case, I tried to stop watching it because some stuffs are so ridiculous, but I can't I just love the show !!!! And Jonathan is so sexy.
Flag
I tried it 4 two Eps ,but it was toooo slow moving/I clicked off!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members