Dragnet

Bunco Forgery - Parolee

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Nov 27, 1969 on NBC

• Friday and Gannon review three 14 year old felonies. They look to send a 65 year old inmate back to prison for another 10 to 15 years (after doing 14 years already) but a redemption saves the day.

Unlike other episodes, this one opens with Friday and Gannon doing a public service announcement for the LAPD. They discuss in easy to understand terms the recent change to the LAPD Detective Bureau.

Friday and Gannon investigate three felonies committed by the same 51 year old man on the same day 14 years ago. The Colorado State Parole Board wonders what to do with an inmate who is eligible for release (via parole). If the Los Angeles District Attorney wants to pursue these 14 year old felony charges, they will send the inmate to LA for trial. Otherwise they will release him from the Colorado State Prison.

There are three felonies and we watch Friday and Gannon reinvestigate these crimes to see if enough evidence exists to convict the individual. We follow our heroes and meet up with a man with a 32 year grudge who finds redemption after some serious soul searching and losing an outstanding secretary.

This is a typical Dragnet episode and for Dragnet another perfect episode.