Dragnet

Internal Affairs - DR-20

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Dec 12, 1968 on NBC

7.6
  • Wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.

The role of an internal affairs office is a thankless job I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Many times, I think each officer should rotate into and out of the job on a regular basis.

Friday and Gannon get the detail to look into an officer who is up for the Medal of Valor. He has an outstanding record both in the Army while serving in Vietnam and thus far as a police officer. As his commander officer puts it, if he did use excessive force what happened? Did the force fail him, is he flawed and if so how did the force miss it, etc. Friday and Gannon say it is one of the reason why they are here.

We get to meet 1-Adam 12, Reed and Malloy. In the end, though, Friday and Gannon don't have any reasons for the events. Friday reminds them of what Chief William H. Parker said about problems with police officers.

"We'll always have cases like this because we have one big problem in selecting police officers ... we have to recruit from the human race." Chief William H. Parker.

This is a good episode, though, at some points I found it difficult to watch, as I felt sorry for the officer.