Dragon Ball GT Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Pan ruined GT

DaVulture

[1]Aug 12, 2005
    • level: 23
    GT wasn't as good as DB or Z because I thought Pan's character totally ruined the chemistry. Pan's character's chemistry toward the end of DBZ was good, but in GT it seems like she sort of ruined it. Made it less enjoyable. Not as fun or exciting to watch as the other DB series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ToniMontana804

[2]Aug 12, 2005
    • level: 15
    Tell you the truth, she acted like a total b*tch in the whole series. All she do is talk down to goku all day. She's also bossy for a 5-14 year old. She's worst than Bulma. She treats Giru like dirt. She did change later in the series.

dbzexpert

[3]Aug 12, 2005
    • level: 12
    Being so young is probably why she is so bossy. And she didnt even have much of a "character" in z, she was only in there for 2 or 3 episodes.

DaVulture

[4]Aug 12, 2005
    Yeah adding her was a bad move. When Pan entered GT the show sort of jumped the shark.

dbzexpert

[5]Aug 12, 2005
    DaVulture wrote:
    Yeah adding her was a bad move. When Pan entered GT the show sort of jumped the shark.

Oh that jump the shark stuff is crap

daprincess87

[6]Aug 13, 2005
    • level: 5
    dbzexpert wrote:
    DaVulture wrote:

Well yeah i guess she was so annoying and bossy way worse then bulma she wasn't that bad of a person the show seemed like it was all about her and goku they kept skipping years in DBZ i hate pan if she was not on the show it would have lasted longer than 3 seasons

dbzexpert

[7]Aug 13, 2005
    daprincess87 wrote:
    dbzexpert wrote:
    DaVulture wrote:

Well yeah i guess she was so annoying and bossy way worse then bulma she wasn't that bad of a person the show seemed like it was all about her and goku they kept skipping years in DBZ i hate pan if she was not on the show it would have lasted longer than 3 seasons

They wrote the whole thing out before they even made the show I think. That wouldnt have made a difference.

Tsubaki_Sakura

[8]Aug 14, 2005
    • level: 6
    DaVulture wrote:
    GT wasn't as good as DB or Z because I thought Pan's character totally ruined the chemistry. Pan's character's chemistry toward the end of DBZ was good, but in GT it seems like she sort of ruined it. Made it less enjoyable. Not as fun or exciting to watch as the other DB series.

I completely agree. Towards the end of Z she was so cute and extremely powerful. But she was hella annoying in GT. It should have been Goku, Trunks, and Goten. Actually Trunks and Goten's power was awfully disappointing in GT. They were so powerful during the buu saga but I guess Trunks was too busy at work and Goten was too busy skirt chasing to train and progress their skills. I would have definitly enjoyed GT more w/o Pan.

ToniMontana804

[9]Aug 14, 2005
    • level: 15
    Pan seems more like Moe and Trunks and Goku were Larry and Curly. She does cares for her grandfather, but has a weird way of showing it. Her character was different when she became elderly later in the series.

daprincess87

[10]Aug 14, 2005
    Tsubaki_Sakura wrote:
    DaVulture wrote:

I completely agree. Towards the end of Z she was so cute and extremely powerful. But she was hella annoying in GT. It should have been Goku, Trunks, and Goten. Actually Trunks and Goten's power was awfully disappointing in GT. They were so powerful during the buu saga but I guess Trunks was too busy at work and Goten was too busy skirt chasing to train and progress their skills. I would have definitly enjoyed GT more w/o Pan.
    I like the DBZ more action it had better plotlines if felt like DBGT was all about pan

PrinceVegeta2

[11]Aug 17, 2005
    • level: 13
    daprincess87 wrote:
    Tsubaki_Sakura wrote:
    DaVulture wrote:

I like the DBZ more action it had better plotlines if felt like DBGT was all about pan

It was more about Pan toward the begining of the series.

willenergy

[12]Aug 20, 2005
    • level: 2
    trunks treated her wrong on one of the lost episodes said she was just a little kid and wanted to drop her off on earth and she showed him by finding a dragonball

daprincess87

[13]Aug 26, 2005
    willenergy wrote:
    trunks treated her wrong on one of the lost episodes said she was just a little kid and wanted to drop her off on earth and she showed him by finding a dragonball
    Not really but i don't see how she is 14 if she is she is very small and immature for her age and goten said My LITTLE neice was in the room my little 14 year old niece?

pan12303

[14]Sep 8, 2005
    Pan didn't ruin GT by herself. The whole plot sucked in eneral. I've read dozens of places that Akira Toriman (spelled wrong) had very little to do with it. While admitedly Pan is not the best charecter and does clash, the plot doesn't help the personality they gave her, which condridicts the one that toriman gave her at the end of z, even if we didn't see her much she wasn't remotly as bossy or just generaly b**chy. I liked pan immeadeatly at the end of z, why'd they change her?

dbzexpert

[15]Sep 9, 2005
    Just like in DB and on Namek, when ever they take along a girl, they wine, complain, and are annoying.

pan12303

[16]Sep 11, 2005
    shovinist. bulma complains if she's on earth, never mind nemak. and pan's does the same thing. so it's not like being on a diffrent planet changed it.

daprincess87

[17]Sep 20, 2005
    Well it's true the plotholes and stupid storyline ruin GT too i thought bulma was funny and the ppl who made GT couldn't figure what to make epi's on so they copyed them off of DBZ and DB notice alll the simularites and how they were the same well anyway this is was i thought the ages were
    Pan:10
    Bulla:14
    Trunks:23
    Goten:22
    Gohan:33
    Videl:33
    Bulma:56
    Vegeta:57
    Goku:52
    Chi-chi:52

dbzexpert

[18]Sep 20, 2005
    One part I liked of Pan's was on planet M2 when she was upset and blew up that robot with a powerful energy blast. That little girl can be dangerous at times.

DaVulture

[19]Sep 21, 2005
    I think I figured out why she's so damn annoying. It must come from the Hercule genes.

trunksSS3

[20]Sep 27, 2005
    • level: 21
    i say it was goten and trunks not the fusion dance to make gotanks is what did it to!!!