Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Who Was The Legendary Super Saiyan, Goku Or Broly?

dexter111344

[1]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 10
    FUNimation stated it is Broly, many fans say it is Goku, because Goku was first seen turning Super Saiyan in the fight against Frieza. In the game Dragonball Z Budokai 3, the Super Saiyan form of Broly is stated as Legendary Super Saiyan, however Broly was not in the manga so he is considered Non-Canon, proving that Goku is the true Legendary Super Saiyan.

So who was it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gogetenkusu

[2]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 19
    GOKU

Reasons?
    He was the first to become a Super Saiyan in 1000-3000 years
    He has gone through every stage of Super Saiyan
    He was the first Saiyan to rival Frieza's power
    Both of his children have turned Super Saiyan

deckzone3000

[3]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 20
    Broly, born with a power level of 10,000. He was destined to become a super saiyan.

Vegeta is just as much a LSSJ as Goku. Just because Goku beat him to it by a year or two doesnt mean anything.

tpinapimp

[4]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 8
    NonCanon = Broli
    Canon = Goku

ToniMontana804

[5]Nov 27, 2005
    • level: 15
    In the episode, "Goku, Super Saiyan?", Vegeta was telling the story about the first Super Saiyan?

One of my friends told me the guy in Vegeta's flashback who supposely destroyed himself by his own rage was Broly himself. I'm not sure whether this was true. That would mean Broly really did exist in the series.

deckzone3000

[6]Nov 27, 2005
    ToniMontana804 wrote:
    In the episode, "Goku, Super Saiyan?", Vegeta was telling the story about the first Super Saiyan?

One of my friends told me the guy in Vegeta's flashback who supposely destroyed himself by his own rage was Broly himself. I'm not sure whether this was true. That would mean Broly really did exist in the series.
    The part about Vegeta mentioning Broly is wrong. They don't mention or show Broly except for in the movies.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Nov 27, 2005
    • level: 28
    I don't think there is a LSS I mean look first Goku is the Super Saiyan,than it's wait Goku and Trunks are both the Super Saiyan.Than it's Goku,Trunks,and Vegeta are the Super Saiyan ect.

The Super Saiyan form it's self is Legendary not a single Saiyan.Plus some Legends get blown way out of proportion.Like deckzone 3000 said Vegeta became a Super Saiyan as well he only did it a year or two later than Goku what makes Goku the true LSS and not Vegeta?Is it because Goku did it sooner that wouldn't make sense.

PrinceVegeta2

[8]Nov 27, 2005
    • level: 13
    Broly is the legendary super saiyan in the anime. In the manga there is no LSSJ.

So all in all it's Broly.

ThereNbackAgain

[9]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 14
    If you were comparing Goku and Vegeta, the LSSJ would be Goku. Goku went SSJ3 and Vegeta didn't in Dragonball Z. In GT, Goku went SSJ4 and had a higher power-level than Vegeta did.

Anime - it's Broly. His level in SSJ was WAY higher than Goku's was. There were 4 SSJ's and a Namekian versus Broly, and they still got schooled.

Manga - Goku, because he went the highest level (SSJ3), Vegeta did not.

Later...

dexter111344

[10]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 10
    ThereNbackAgain wrote:
    If you were comparing Goku and Vegeta, the LSSJ would be Goku. Goku went SSJ3 and Vegeta didn't in Dragonball Z. In GT, Goku went SSJ4 and had a higher power-level than Vegeta did.

Anime - it's Broly. His level in SSJ was WAY higher than Goku's was. There were 4 SSJ's and a Namekian versus Broly, and they still got schooled.

Later...

Why did you bring up Vegeta? No one on the planet thinks Vegeta is the Legendary Super Saiyan. Sorry if I sound rude.
    tpinapimp wrote:
    NonCanon = Broli
    Canon = Goku

Yeah, I agree with you. It's about time I agree with you on something. lol

WindEagle

[11]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 6
    It Broly because I seen the movie.

deckzone3000

[12]Nov 29, 2005
    ThereNbackAgain wrote:
    And Gohan was stronger than Goku

ssjcintron

[13]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 2
    If you disregard the fact that Broly was exclusive to the anime movies, and not the series, Broly had two levels of super sayen abilities. He turns into a super sayen when he is sitting on his so called "thrown" thinking about Kakorot. He then turns into an ascended sayen after Vegeta attacks him with a energy bomb. Now if you think back to the perfect cell series, Trunks powered up to the physical limit of a ascended sayen to fight the recently transformed "Perfect Cell." in this state, Trunks' eyes also turned white for a few moments.(But Brolys' eyes are permanatley white when he is transformed) The eyes turn white becuase both Trunks and Broly are so consumed by their sayen aggression and power, that the eyes turn white signifying that they are at the physical limit of the ascended sayen. Goku was also able to transform to the peak of the form (like Trunks) but later came to the conclusion that the form was too bulky, (HINT HINT>>>like Broly) so decided to be a sayen at all times in the hyperbolic time chamber with Gohan to gain as much speed as he did power. As you know Trunks powered up soo much that he wasnt able to maintain the speed he needed to keep up with Cell. (even though he was more powerful then him as stated by Cell himself) Broly on the other hand was the complete contrast to Trunks as he was able to maintain his peak power limit throughout his fight against the Z-Warriors.(that is why his eyes are always white) I cant tell you how much faster Broly was or is in comparison to Perfect Cell, because in the anime movies, Anyone who faught Broly, wasnt able to power up past the first level of super sayen. In my opinion i would have to say that Broly would be considered the legend in this case. Kakorot had to take the ki from Piccolo,Gohan,Trunks, AND Vegeta in order to defeat him. In that case Goku had to have had the power of at least two super sayen 2 levels surging through him in order to defeat Broly. Fundamentley, Broly was born with the power level of then thousand when he was an infant, when Kakorot wasnt even a ten. This means that Broly was naturally more powerful than Goku. (as hard as it might be to swallow for all you Goku fans out there) This means that if the fight would have been fair in Brolies first movie, Goku would have lost the battle and Broly would have lived on. And because of this, over time, Brolies natural ability to achieve great power would have allowed him to reach the goal of the true super sayen 2 form like 2nd nature. After that, super sayen level 3 would be a "cake walk." And well.... we all know how long this could go on for. Goku was only able to acheive super sayen level 3 becuase he was already dead in other world when it happened. Being in Other World allowed him to push his body to further limits that would have normally killed him anyway. This is proven with his fight against Kidd Buu on Kais, planet. Even with Goku revived thanks to the help of Elder Kai, (how surprising.... Goku needs more outside interferrance to deafeat a more than worthy adversary) he couldnt maintain the super sayen level 3 form,becuase he didnt have the energy output needed to maintain it. He even admitts this. With all that being said, i know that some of you Goku fans might say "Well, he didnt explode when he powered up past kao kein times 3." How can that that be even in the same ball park as ssjl3. Finally, anyone who actually had the interest to read this novel of a response, should have already thought about this anyway with the facts to go by. Now i know I might be sore loser becuase Broly lost anyway in his movie, but this is just the hypathetical situation.

ssjcintron

[14]Nov 29, 2005
    If you disregard the fact that Broly was exclusive to the anime movies, and not the series, Broly had two levels of super sayen abilities. He turns into a super sayen when he is sitting on his so called "thrown" thinking about Kakorot. He then turns into an ascended sayen after Vegeta attacks him with a energy bomb. Now if you think back to the perfect cell series, Trunks powered up to the physical limit of a ascended sayen to fight the recently transformed "Perfect Cell." in this state, Trunks' eyes also turned white for a few moments.(But Brolys' eyes are permanatley white when he is transformed) The eyes turn white becuase both Trunks and Broly are so consumed by their sayen aggression and power, that the eyes turn white signifying that they are at the physical limit of the ascended sayen. Goku was also able to transform to the peak of the form (like Trunks) but later came to the conclusion that the form was too bulky, (HINT HINT>>>like Broly) so decided to be a sayen at all times in the hyperbolic time chamber with Gohan to gain as much speed as he did power. As you know Trunks powered up soo much that he wasnt able to maintain the speed he needed to keep up with Cell. (even though he was more powerful then him as stated by Cell himself) Broly on the other hand was the complete contrast to Trunks as he was able to maintain his peak power limit throughout his fight against the Z-Warriors.(that is why his eyes are always white) I cant tell you how much faster Broly was or is in comparison to Perfect Cell, because in the anime movies, Anyone who faught Broly, wasnt able to power up past the first level of super sayen. In my opinion i would have to say that Broly would be considered the legend in this case. Kakorot had to take the ki from Piccolo,Gohan,Trunks, AND Vegeta in order to defeat him. In that case Goku had to have had the power of at least two super sayen 2 levels surging through him in order to defeat Broly. Fundamentley, Broly was born with the power level of then thousand when he was an infant, when Kakorot wasnt even a ten. This means that Broly was naturally more powerful than Goku. (as hard as it might be to swallow for all you Goku fans out there) This means that if the fight would have been fair in Brolies first movie, Goku would have lost the battle and Broly would have lived on. And because of this, over time, Brolies natural ability to achieve great power would have allowed him to reach the goal of the true super sayen 2 form like 2nd nature. After that, super sayen level 3 would be a "cake walk." And well.... we all know how long this could go on for. Goku was only able to acheive super sayen level 3 becuase he was already dead in other world when it happened. Being in Other World allowed him to push his body to further limits that would have normally killed him anyway. This is proven with his fight against Kidd Buu on Kais, planet. Even with Goku revived thanks to the help of Elder Kai, (how surprising.... Goku needs more outside interferrance to deafeat a more than worthy adversary) he couldnt maintain the super sayen level 3 form,becuase he didnt have the energy output needed to maintain it. He even admitts this. With all that being said, i know that some of you Goku fans might say "Well, he didnt explode when he powered up past kao kein times 3." How can that that be even in the same ball park as ssjl3. Finally, anyone who actually had the interest to read this novel of a response, should have already thought about this anyway with the facts to go by. Now i know I might be sore loser becuase Broly lost anyway in his movie, but this is just the hypathetical situation.

ssjcintron

[15]Nov 29, 2005
    Vegeta is my fav and all, but he cant even compare himself in the same ranking as Goku or even
    Broly when it comes to the question of who is the legenendary sayen. With exeption to the transformation to super sayen in the android saga and the hyperbolic time chamber, Everytime after, he needed help to acheive a new level of power. Via Bobady to be Majin Vegeta to just be evenly matched with Goku. Or the Blitz waves machine Bulma had to make to help Vegeta become a ssjl4. But Vegeta is still my boy because he always is the one who in my opinion, tries he hardest and lets it known through his war cries as he his attacking his opponet. Example. Fight with cell jr. as his is flying upward to dish out a retaliation attack after being swatted to the ground like a rag doll.

ThereNbackAgain

[16]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 14
    dexter111344 wrote:
    ThereNbackAgain wrote:

Later...

Why did you bring up Vegeta? No one on the planet thinks Vegeta is the Legendary Super Saiyan. Sorry if I sound rude.
    tpinapimp wrote:
    NonCanon = Broli
    Canon = Goku

Yeah, I agree with you. It's about time I agree with you on something. lol

I mentioned Vegeta because RaizenYusuke said something about Vegeta.

We don't know about Gohan and Goku. It's all debate really.

PrinceVegeta2

[17]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 13
    If you wanna go by what's stated whether it's canon or not, it's Broly. But if you wanna go by manga then I guess you could say it's Goku since Goku was the first to transform into a super saiyan.

If you base it on who's stronger....

anime: Goku (GT)

manga: Gohan

RaizenYusuke

[18]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 28
    I was using Vegeta as an example.The Legendary Super Saiyan seems to be talking about the level of Super Saiyan being Legendary it's self not a actually person.

Notice how Vegeta first refered to the Super Saiyan level he called it Legendary and how powerful it is.But Vegeta always thought it was a legend a myth which is why he called it Legendary Super Saiyan.Meaning that the Super Saiyan is so well known that it is legendary.When Vegeta sees how strong Goku is he believes that the Super Saiyan isn't just a myth but real.Notice that after the Ginyu Force Vegeta refers to the level as the Super Saiyan no long the Legendary Super Saiyan.

The legend says that there is only one Super Saiyan born every 1000 years and he is suppose to be unbeatable.We see this is proven wrong as Trunks cames from 20 years into the future as a Super Saiyan.Now at first it could be debated that Trunks reached Super Saiyan sooner because he is half Saiyan and half human.We know that mixing Saiyan blood with human make a very powerful hybrid.Once Vegeta transforms into the Super Saiyan it proves the Legend wrong about only one Super Saiyan being born every 1000 years.As Vegeta and Trunks have shown us the Super Saiyan can be beat which proves the Legend wrong again.

Meaning the Legendary Super Saiyan is just that a legend.The Super Saiyan level is very real the fact is it's power is over rated by the Saiyans.Every Saiyan can become a SS but we can't forget that Saiyans believed that if you are a low level you will always be weak.Which could be the reason why there was said to only be one Super Saiyan as only one of them was born with a lot of power kept getting stronger and changed into the Super Saiyan.

This is why I believe that their is no Legendary Super Saiyan.

Kingman510

[19]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 17
    Broly is the LSSJ. Goku is just the 1st saiyan to turn SS in 1000 years. I think I watch tooo much DBZ if I know all of this.

deckzone3000

[20]Dec 11, 2005
    Kingman510 wrote:
    Broly is the LSSJ. Goku is just the 1st saiyan to turn SS in 1000 years. I think I watch tooo much DBZ if I know all of this.
    I agree with you but knowing just those 2 things sure doesn't mean you watch DBZ to much.