Dragon Ball Z

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

JetixMasterDan

Dragon Ball Z Fan Reviews (138)

• A Classic Show

What can I say? This show aired on Toonami for a long time, and really popularized it as well as helped popularize Cartoon Network. I watched the show when I was little, yet I didn't really know all that much about it. I knew Goku and I knew Piccolo, but that was about it. Little did I know, it would be one of the main reasons I enjoy anime. So sometime in mid 2005 I was sitting on my butt watching Cartoon Network (my favorite network at the time, and it still is). My parents weren't home so I could stay up late. I stayed up to watch Dragonball Z (Uncut) at 10:30, and the episode was "A New Friend". It really impressed me, since I didn't really know much about Gohan, and it really made me like the show. I stayed up until 11:30 that night, and went to bed after Futurama (which my mom wouldn't let me watch), because I got really tired. I stayed up the next day to watch the next one. And I later ended up taping the show on VHS, because I was extremely hooked. My parents and sister were somewhat concerned with me watching it because of the mild language, violence, and nudity. But I didn't really care. So, I ended up getting the uncut DVDs when they were released, and I was a huge fan. I realise a lot of flaws the show had now with the pacing, and how it got less exciting after the Frieza Saga, but this show still stands as a great one, and one I would watch again and again.