Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Free DBZ PC game

Demestic

[1]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 1

A cool DBZ game called DBZ Remix Unloaded which was released online last week after 2 years of development.

http://dbzru.mihopa.net/ is the official website to download it
    It's one the most amazing dbz games I've played on the pc, and I love its rpg system. So far Im Goku lv 6 in the Saiyan Saga. When you start playing, tell me what your Z-Achievements are.

I forgot to mention that since this is a big game, it will take a while to download. However, once finished you will have the time of your life. Definitly the best dbz rpg pc game EVER!

PS: I just started it a few days ago, so for tips or w/e ask on their forums or something since im still new at it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GoldenZandy_012

[2]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    Okay, first off kid, you only have 1 post. Second off, no one cares. Third off go play your lil kiddie computer game, while I go play Burst Limit

Death_Bro

[3]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 10

GoldenZandy_012 wrote:
    Okay, first off kid, you only have 1 post. Second off, no one cares. Third off go play your lil kiddie computer game, while I go play Burst Limit

Well that was uneededly rude , and thats coming from me

on topic: I would click the link... but im too lazy... It sounds cool though

RellikofSouls_2

[4]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    both of u can be brothers lol

mejustjustin

[5]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 17
    k, I went in, and the dl page took to me to some forum with like 8 links for downloading, which one(s) do i need to dl?

And although my computer is being slow right now, part 1 is gonna be dling for 2 hours and 10 minutes :X

Death_Bro

[6]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 10

RellikofSouls_2 wrote:
    both of u can be brothers lol

what??

Demestic

[7]Aug 12, 2008

There are actually only 4 links (4 parts of the game) needed to downloaded. You can choose to download those 4 parts from either Rapidshare.com or megaupload.com. They are there for download choice, and are on different servers. Its a long download because its a big game, takes a while yes, but in the end worth it.

@GoldenZandy_012: No one is saying that you should stop playing Burst Limit for this. lol Definitly not, but I doubt you play Burst Limit every hour of the day. This is just another way for fans to enter and experience the DBZ world. Its a rpg like Final Fantasy, not a fighter, and best of all its free. I'm just showing this link here for fellow DBZ fans to enjoy this.

@Death_Bro: Lazy to click a link? hehe Well its gonna be there for a while so no hurry. But all the game information and more is on the game website. A must get for any hardcore DBZ fan, especially since its one of those rare DBZ games on the PC. Thats free of course, best part

GoHaN_Buu

[8]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    appreciated i was waiting for that dbz mmorpg but this will be a good replacment til it comes out.
    Edited on 08/13/2008 5:03am

mejustjustin

[9]Aug 13, 2008

Hmm, right now they're fixing a glitch

And, I have 2 questions:

1. Is this game's combat system turn-based?

2. Which characters can you pick? And who should I pick?

Demestic

[10]Aug 13, 2008

Yeah a glitch that made Goku walk really slow on Mac systems has been corrected, so downloads back.

1. Battle system is like Final Fantasy, with DBZ flavour. You can also buy attack capsules, containing signiture moves of your enemies. However, they are expensive but deadly in battle. Using your enemies moves against them is handy, like shooting a Saturday Crush at Raditz lol

2. Goku and Piccolo are only playable characters. However you get "ally" characters to help you through the game like Tien, Yamcha, etc and Krillin is a playable character in tutorial, and unlockable in story mode I think.

mejustjustin

[11]Aug 13, 2008

Why does it go only to Raditz? Are they planning on releasing the rest of the story later?

*Edit - Oh, and do I need all 4 parts to play, or can i START playing with only part one?

Edited on 08/13/2008 4:41pm

bluejay12468

[12]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    GoldenZandy_012 wrote:
    I go play Burst Limit
    Lucky the last DBZ game I have is Tenkaichi 3

mejustjustin

[13]Aug 13, 2008
    And, another question... what program do you need to run the game?

Demestic

[14]Aug 13, 2008

Hmm... I doubt you looked at the game website at all with these questions lol they are all answered on the website already.

Game has Piccolo Jr Saga, Garlic Jr Saga, and Raditz Saga. Sure it may not look like a lot, but the developers made it especially so it feels long. I mean, it already is longer then the game its trying to remake, Legacy Of Goku. For Legacy Of Goku on the GBA, they had the Saiyan and Frieza Sagas, and compared to DBZ:RU they are extremely short. A sequal? lol a small trailer for the sequal is included in the game.

But yes, this is a remake to Legacy of Goku, but with a Final Fantasy twist.

Program? Hmm what do you mean? Its a PC game, all you need is a PC, program? I dont know, Windows XP, Vista or even Mac? Don't need anything else, game is playable right out of the box. However you should have the latest Divx codec installed. But dont worry, its included with the download. Everything important is in the readme file in the download.

You only need 4 parts. You get to choose from which server you want to download those 4 files. Simple

Edited on 08/13/2008 7:22pm
    Edited 3 total times.

mejustjustin

[15]Aug 14, 2008

Ok. I have all 4 parts, now what do I do to play? I tried double clicking each of the 4 parts, it didn't work. They are just RAR fileds right now. (Whatever those are). There are also "bad images" on the files, like the ones that usually indicate double clicking em will lead you to a place where you choose a program to run them.

So...

1. What do I do after downloading the 4 parts?
    2. What program do I run them with / how do I open the game up?

Oh, and PS - I didn't get a readme file

Edited on 08/14/2008 5:28am

Demestic

[16]Aug 14, 2008

The game is inside the .rar file lol. A .rar is a thing that keeps the game together compressed, like a zip file. You need to download the latest Winrar (program that opens and makes .rar files) from here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Once you have it installed, you will be able to open the .rar file. and no, im just a fan of the game

mejustjustin

[17]Aug 14, 2008

Nvm, I actually got it to start working, but now it keeps saying "This interface is not supported", ima try it again now with the internet closed down.

Edited on 08/14/2008 1:16pm

Demestic

[18]Aug 14, 2008
    lol again you should read the readme files in the rar file. It says you need to install the latest DIVX codec, the codec is present in the rar file already so you can install it from there. dont worry, i had the same problem but i just read the readme and it told me how to fix all my problems

mejustjustin

[19]Aug 14, 2008

K :p Right now, I have Goku Lvl 5, and Tien Lvl 6. :p I beat Tao the first time, lol.

But dude, I got GAME OVER like 3 times before finally breaking thru the cycle

Also, do you know where the youngster is? I just beat Tao, but can't find the youngster.

mejustjustin

[20]Aug 14, 2008

I found a very harmful glitch I hope I can get out of this...

Alright, I fought Tao, beat him, and then exited thru that tunnel that leads you way back (the one Tien opened up). I then traveled back to where you fought Tao (the flying pad was gone), and couldn't find the youngster, so I began heading back. When I reach the point where Tien stops following you, I can move some, but then all of a sudden when I enter a battle, a message pops up aying something like "Error has occured in reading the information", and the game shuts off. It happened twice in a row... any idea how to fix this?

PS - I tried closing all other programs and even shrunk the screen