TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Frieza has a power level of 120,000,000

  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [121]Feb 7, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    I don't feel like wasting my time and posting something that you'll ignore. Who am I to force you to accept anything. (You will simply be living in denial)

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bacon967/dbz%20manga/daizenshuupowerlevels22zo.jpg

    This alone is info enough. The Daizenshuu is official and thus this is full proof.


    The Daiz is far from "official" and most DBZ enthusiasts do not take it's power levels seriously. They have got even some of the obvious ones wrong, so why take these specific ones as fact all of a sudden? Another way to show that the Daiz is unofficial is the fact that they have Tien as something other than human (lol!) when there's nothing in the manga that hints towards that. It obviously doesn't matter what studio made the books, they got things wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PrinceVegeta2

    PrinceVegeta2

    [122]Feb 7, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,600
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    I don't feel like wasting my time and posting something that you'll ignore. Who am I to force you to accept anything. (You will simply be living in denial)

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bacon967/dbz%20manga/daizenshuupowerlevels22zo.jpg

    This alone is info enough. The Daizenshuu is official and thus this is full proof.


    The Daiz is far from "official" and most DBZ enthusiasts do not take it's power levels seriously. They have got even some of the obvious ones wrong, so why take these specific ones as fact all of a sudden? Another way to show that the Daiz is unofficial is the fact that they have Tien as something other than human (lol!) when there's nothing in the manga that hints towards that. It obviously doesn't matter what studio made the books, they got things wrong.


    Well I'v actually seen scans of fake daizenshuu, and so what you're talking about is probably one of those. But either way everything in the daizenshuu is based off of something. Whether or not they got it wrong I'm sure they based it off of something. I'm sure they asked Toriyama regarding a few of the power levels. Either that or the people that read the manga (Frieza saga specifically), recieved the same conclusions that I did.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [123]Feb 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    I don't feel like wasting my time and posting something that you'll ignore. Who am I to force you to accept anything. (You will simply be living in denial)

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bacon967/dbz%20manga/daizenshuupowerlevels22zo.jpg

    This alone is info enough. The Daizenshuu is official and thus this is full proof.


    The Daiz is far from "official" and most DBZ enthusiasts do not take it's power levels seriously. They have got even some of the obvious ones wrong, so why take these specific ones as fact all of a sudden? Another way to show that the Daiz is unofficial is the fact that they have Tien as something other than human (lol!) when there's nothing in the manga that hints towards that. It obviously doesn't matter what studio made the books, they got things wrong.


    Well I'v actually seen scans of fake daizenshuu, and so what you're talking about is probably one of those. But either way everything in the daizenshuu is based off of something. Whether or not they got it wrong I'm sure they based it off of something. I'm sure they asked Toriyama regarding a few of the power levels. Either that or the people that read the manga (Frieza saga specifically), recieved the same conclusions that I did.


    I'm not sure if the Tien thing is in the official Daizenshuus or not, I'll have to check up on that some time. All I know is that I've seen scans of the French translated version of the Daiz (which wouldn't matter since the scan I'm talking about consisted of pictures, not words), which may or may not be fake. You say they based their information off of something, and my answer to that would be that they based their power levels off of opinion, since there's no other way they could come to those conclusions any other way. AT isn't one to talk about power levels (the one where he says Gohan was at 300,000,000 during the Cell Games was, as I hear, fake) of his characters, which makes sense since he didn't even like using PL's in the first place. So I doubt they got any PL info from him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PrinceVegeta2

    PrinceVegeta2

    [124]Feb 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,600
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    I don't feel like wasting my time and posting something that you'll ignore. Who am I to force you to accept anything. (You will simply be living in denial)

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bacon967/dbz%20manga/daizenshuupowerlevels22zo.jpg

    This alone is info enough. The Daizenshuu is official and thus this is full proof.


    The Daiz is far from "official" and most DBZ enthusiasts do not take it's power levels seriously. They have got even some of the obvious ones wrong, so why take these specific ones as fact all of a sudden? Another way to show that the Daiz is unofficial is the fact that they have Tien as something other than human (lol!) when there's nothing in the manga that hints towards that. It obviously doesn't matter what studio made the books, they got things wrong.


    Well I'v actually seen scans of fake daizenshuu, and so what you're talking about is probably one of those. But either way everything in the daizenshuu is based off of something. Whether or not they got it wrong I'm sure they based it off of something. I'm sure they asked Toriyama regarding a few of the power levels. Either that or the people that read the manga (Frieza saga specifically), recieved the same conclusions that I did.


    I'm not sure if the Tien thing is in the official Daizenshuus or not, I'll have to check up on that some time. All I know is that I've seen scans of the French translated version of the Daiz (which wouldn't matter since the scan I'm talking about consisted of pictures, not words), which may or may not be fake. You say they based their information off of something, and my answer to that would be that they based their power levels off of opinion, since there's no other way they could come to those conclusions any other way. AT isn't one to talk about power levels (the one where he says Gohan was at 300,000,000 during the Cell Games was, as I hear, fake) of his characters, which makes sense since he didn't even like using PL's in the first place. So I doubt they got any PL info from him.


    My guess is that they reached that conclusion by reading the manga. The same conclusiion I reached....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [125]Feb 9, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    I don't feel like wasting my time and posting something that you'll ignore. Who am I to force you to accept anything. (You will simply be living in denial)

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bacon967/dbz%20manga/daizenshuupowerlevels22zo.jpg

    This alone is info enough. The Daizenshuu is official and thus this is full proof.


    The Daiz is far from "official" and most DBZ enthusiasts do not take it's power levels seriously. They have got even some of the obvious ones wrong, so why take these specific ones as fact all of a sudden? Another way to show that the Daiz is unofficial is the fact that they have Tien as something other than human (lol!) when there's nothing in the manga that hints towards that. It obviously doesn't matter what studio made the books, they got things wrong.


    Well I'v actually seen scans of fake daizenshuu, and so what you're talking about is probably one of those. But either way everything in the daizenshuu is based off of something. Whether or not they got it wrong I'm sure they based it off of something. I'm sure they asked Toriyama regarding a few of the power levels. Either that or the people that read the manga (Frieza saga specifically), recieved the same conclusions that I did.


    I'm not sure if the Tien thing is in the official Daizenshuus or not, I'll have to check up on that some time. All I know is that I've seen scans of the French translated version of the Daiz (which wouldn't matter since the scan I'm talking about consisted of pictures, not words), which may or may not be fake. You say they based their information off of something, and my answer to that would be that they based their power levels off of opinion, since there's no other way they could come to those conclusions any other way. AT isn't one to talk about power levels (the one where he says Gohan was at 300,000,000 during the Cell Games was, as I hear, fake) of his characters, which makes sense since he didn't even like using PL's in the first place. So I doubt they got any PL info from him.


    My guess is that they reached that conclusion by reading the manga. The same conclusiion I reached....


    Which would make their PL's opinion, not fact, correct?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PrinceVegeta2

    PrinceVegeta2

    [126]Feb 9, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,600
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    I don't feel like wasting my time and posting something that you'll ignore. Who am I to force you to accept anything. (You will simply be living in denial)

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bacon967/dbz%20manga/daizenshuupowerlevels22zo.jpg

    This alone is info enough. The Daizenshuu is official and thus this is full proof.


    The Daiz is far from "official" and most DBZ enthusiasts do not take it's power levels seriously. They have got even some of the obvious ones wrong, so why take these specific ones as fact all of a sudden? Another way to show that the Daiz is unofficial is the fact that they have Tien as something other than human (lol!) when there's nothing in the manga that hints towards that. It obviously doesn't matter what studio made the books, they got things wrong.


    Well I'v actually seen scans of fake daizenshuu, and so what you're talking about is probably one of those. But either way everything in the daizenshuu is based off of something. Whether or not they got it wrong I'm sure they based it off of something. I'm sure they asked Toriyama regarding a few of the power levels. Either that or the people that read the manga (Frieza saga specifically), recieved the same conclusions that I did.


    I'm not sure if the Tien thing is in the official Daizenshuus or not, I'll have to check up on that some time. All I know is that I've seen scans of the French translated version of the Daiz (which wouldn't matter since the scan I'm talking about consisted of pictures, not words), which may or may not be fake. You say they based their information off of something, and my answer to that would be that they based their power levels off of opinion, since there's no other way they could come to those conclusions any other way. AT isn't one to talk about power levels (the one where he says Gohan was at 300,000,000 during the Cell Games was, as I hear, fake) of his characters, which makes sense since he didn't even like using PL's in the first place. So I doubt they got any PL info from him.


    My guess is that they reached that conclusion by reading the manga. The same conclusiion I reached....


    Which would make their PL's opinion, not fact, correct?


    Actually the only power levels that are fact are the ones that were directly stated in the manga.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [127]Feb 11, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    I don't feel like wasting my time and posting something that you'll ignore. Who am I to force you to accept anything. (You will simply be living in denial)

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bacon967/dbz%20manga/daizenshuupowerlevels22zo.jpg

    This alone is info enough. The Daizenshuu is official and thus this is full proof.


    The Daiz is far from "official" and most DBZ enthusiasts do not take it's power levels seriously. They have got even some of the obvious ones wrong, so why take these specific ones as fact all of a sudden? Another way to show that the Daiz is unofficial is the fact that they have Tien as something other than human (lol!) when there's nothing in the manga that hints towards that. It obviously doesn't matter what studio made the books, they got things wrong.


    Well I'v actually seen scans of fake daizenshuu, and so what you're talking about is probably one of those. But either way everything in the daizenshuu is based off of something. Whether or not they got it wrong I'm sure they based it off of something. I'm sure they asked Toriyama regarding a few of the power levels. Either that or the people that read the manga (Frieza saga specifically), recieved the same conclusions that I did.


    I'm not sure if the Tien thing is in the official Daizenshuus or not, I'll have to check up on that some time. All I know is that I've seen scans of the French translated version of the Daiz (which wouldn't matter since the scan I'm talking about consisted of pictures, not words), which may or may not be fake. You say they based their information off of something, and my answer to that would be that they based their power levels off of opinion, since there's no other way they could come to those conclusions any other way. AT isn't one to talk about power levels (the one where he says Gohan was at 300,000,000 during the Cell Games was, as I hear, fake) of his characters, which makes sense since he didn't even like using PL's in the first place. So I doubt they got any PL info from him.


    My guess is that they reached that conclusion by reading the manga. The same conclusiion I reached....


    Which would make their PL's opinion, not fact, correct?


    Actually the only power levels that are fact are the ones that were directly stated in the manga.


    Exactly...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of goku71417

    goku71417

    [128]Apr 2, 2006
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 182
    this might be off-topic, but vegeta was actually WAY stronger than base goku. vegetas power level was around 500,000 before dende healed him, so vegeta got a power level around 4 million. then after goku and frieza are equally matched,frieza said he was only at 1% of his full power. 1% of 12,000,000 is 120,000, so gokus power level was around 120,000

    im gonna make a topic of this
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gogetenkusu

    gogetenkusu

    [129]Apr 3, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,642
    1% was just in the dub.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [130]Apr 3, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.
    Edited on 04/03/2006 3:19pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PrinceVegeta2

    PrinceVegeta2

    [131]Apr 4, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,600
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.


    Maybe he meant 120,000,000. In that case he's not off by a whole lot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [132]Apr 5, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.


    Maybe he meant 120,000,000. In that case he's not off by a whole lot.

    Read it yourself-
    goku71417 wrote:
    frieza said he was only at 1% of his full power. 1% of 12,000,000 is 120,000, so gokus power level was around 120,000
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PrinceVegeta2

    PrinceVegeta2

    [133]Apr 5, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,600
    I misread it. I thought he was reffering to Frieza at full power having 120,000. (in which case I assumed he forgot to place three o's since nobody would be stupid enough to say such a thing)
    Edited on 04/05/2006 6:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [134]Apr 5, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.


    Maybe he meant 120,000,000. In that case he's not off by a whole lot.


    Only by about 108,000,000, right?



    Frieza wasn't anywhere near to only using 1% of his power, that was a very inaccurate dubline.

    Besides, 1% of Frieza's full power would be 120,000.
    Edited on 04/06/2006 5:26pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gogetenkusu

    gogetenkusu

    [135]Apr 6, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,642
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [136]Apr 6, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    gogetenkusu wrote:
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)


    Yeah, I had the right one first and edited it to the wrong one, heh.

    But yeah, 120,000 would have been 1% of Frieza's full power
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [137]Apr 6, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    gogetenkusu wrote:
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)


    Yeah, I had the right one first and edited it to the wrong one, heh.

    But yeah, 120,000 would have been 1% of Frieza's full power
    No it wouldn't
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PrinceVegeta2

    PrinceVegeta2

    [138]Apr 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,600
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.


    Maybe he meant 120,000,000. In that case he's not off by a whole lot.


    Only by about 108,000,000, right?



    .


    No more like 138,000,000

    Besides your little excuse for Goku stating that Frieza is stronger than he is (just after recovering) is nothing more than a fanslation error. He makes no such a statement in the viz version of the manga.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [139]Apr 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    gogetenkusu wrote:
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)


    Yeah, I had the right one first and edited it to the wrong one, heh.

    But yeah, 120,000 would have been 1% of Frieza's full power
    No it wouldn't


    12,000,000 / 100 = 120,000.

    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.


    Maybe he meant 120,000,000. In that case he's not off by a whole lot.


    Only by about 108,000,000, right?



    .


    No more like 138,000,000

    Besides your little excuse for Goku stating that Frieza is stronger than he is (just after recovering) is nothing more than a fanslation error. He makes no such a statement in the viz version of the manga.


    So now you think that Frieza was at 150,000,000?

    The Viz translations aren't the end-all of translations, Vegeta. The fact that you believe so shows how little you know about manga and anime translations in general. Why do you think that so many translations can be different in parts. Sometimes the difference can be very small, such as the differences between the translations of Marron and Yamcha's conversation at the tournament in the Buu Saga, or the difference can alter an entire manga frame.
    As far as I know, Dranet has never been known to "make up" lines.

    In any case, whether or not that translation is correct or not doesn't matter. There's a lot more evidence than that, and we've already been over this. Akira Toriyama made up rules for his manga, and even you would know that manga creators have to follow by their own rules if they are to be respected. Following your way of thinking in this debate, it would require that AT breaks some of his own rules (zenkais, his way of keeping things secret for a long time, etc.), and you're in part saying that AT isn't a great manga creator. Come now.

    I can't believe you honestly still think that Frieza and Goku were in the hundred millions on Namek. You would think that 15+ years of avid Dragonball fans would convince you, but I suppose you would rather take the word of the kids at MFG Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't everyone there believe Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha to be in the hundred-thousands in the Buu Saga, even though none of them did much training after the Android Saga? Yeah, I can see why you take their words over everyone else's.

    Honestly, I've become entirely bored of this debate, and this is probably the fourth or so time we've went through it on this board alone. But if you want to keep it up, fine by me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of v_joshi12

    v_joshi12

    [140]Apr 8, 2006
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 87

    Read it yourself-
    goku71417 wrote:
    frieza said he was only at 1% of his full power. 1% of 12,000,000 is 120,000, so gokus power level was around 120,000
    [/QUOTE]

    Goku71417 clearly gives you an idea of how ludicrous it would be for Frieza's power to be 12,000,000.
    BUT, SSJ Gotenks could fly around the world a lot of times in one second (I'm not sure , but I think someone said it was 7 times). On the other hand, even at full power, it would probably take Frieza two hours to circle the Earth based on his travel on Namek. That means Gotenks is 7 times 60 times 120, or 50,400 times faster than him. That means if Frieza's power was 120,000,000, Gotenks' would have to be 6,048,000,000,000. Now, we know power levels reached up to the billions toward the end of Dragonball Z, but to say Gotenks' power level is over 6 trillion is crazy. On the other hand, if Frieza's power level was 12,000,000, Gotenks' would be 604,800,000,000, a REASONABLE power level with some minor fluctuations.
    There is a strong argument for both sides, but I don't really care. I just like seeing the bad guys get beat up and owned. But if arguing about power levels makes you guys happy, I'll be happy to argue as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.