Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Frieza has a power level of 120,000,000

  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [141]Apr 8, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    gogetenkusu wrote:
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)


    Yeah, I had the right one first and edited it to the wrong one, heh.

    But yeah, 120,000 would have been 1% of Frieza's full power
    No it wouldn't


    12,000,000 / 100 = 120,000.
    If that were true, it would mean his final form would always have to be over 10% or his previous form would be stronger than his 4th form.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PrinceVegeta2

    PrinceVegeta2

    [142]Apr 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,600
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    gogetenkusu wrote:
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)


    Yeah, I had the right one first and edited it to the wrong one, heh.

    But yeah, 120,000 would have been 1% of Frieza's full power
    No it wouldn't


    12,000,000 / 100 = 120,000.

    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.


    Maybe he meant 120,000,000. In that case he's not off by a whole lot.


    Only by about 108,000,000, right?



    .


    No more like 138,000,000

    Besides your little excuse for Goku stating that Frieza is stronger than he is (just after recovering) is nothing more than a fanslation error. He makes no such a statement in the viz version of the manga.


    So now you think that Frieza was at 150,000,000?

    The Viz translations aren't the end-all of translations, Vegeta. The fact that you believe so shows how little you know about manga and anime translations in general. Why do you think that so many translations can be different in parts. Sometimes the difference can be very small, such as the differences between the translations of Marron and Yamcha's conversation at the tournament in the Buu Saga, or the difference can alter an entire manga frame.
    As far as I know, Dranet has never been known to "make up" lines.

    In any case, whether or not that translation is correct or not doesn't matter. There's a lot more evidence than that, and we've already been over this. Akira Toriyama made up rules for his manga, and even you would know that manga creators have to follow by their own rules if they are to be respected. Following your way of thinking in this debate, it would require that AT breaks some of his own rules (zenkais, his way of keeping things secret for a long time, etc.), and you're in part saying that AT isn't a great manga creator. Come now.

    I can't believe you honestly still think that Frieza and Goku were in the hundred millions on Namek. You would think that 15+ years of avid Dragonball fans would convince you, but I suppose you would rather take the word of the kids at MFG Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't everyone there believe Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha to be in the hundred-thousands in the Buu Saga, even though none of them did much training after the Android Saga? Yeah, I can see why you take their words over everyone else's.

    Honestly, I've become entirely bored of this debate, and this is probably the fourth or so time we've went through it on this board alone. But if you want to keep it up, fine by me.


    Well you gave me quite a laugh. Even four year olds knows how inaccurate the fanslations are, and that the Viz manga is far more accurate.

    Now regarding the debate, I have gotten bored of hearing your speculated theories. (specifically the ones regarding Goku using short bursts of kaioken)

    Besides, the daizenshuu (which is 100% canon) specifically had Frieza at 120,000,000. You can't really say otherwise.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [143]Apr 9, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    gogetenkusu wrote:
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)


    Yeah, I had the right one first and edited it to the wrong one, heh.

    But yeah, 120,000 would have been 1% of Frieza's full power
    No it wouldn't


    12,000,000 / 100 = 120,000.
    If that were true, it would mean his final form would always have to be over 10% or his previous form would be stronger than his 4th form.


    Which is why it was always believed by most that Frieza was at 25% power.

    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    gogetenkusu wrote:
    Actually 120,000 (12,000,000) or 1,200,000 (120,000,000)


    Yeah, I had the right one first and edited it to the wrong one, heh.

    But yeah, 120,000 would have been 1% of Frieza's full power
    No it wouldn't


    12,000,000 / 100 = 120,000.

    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    PrinceVegeta2 wrote:
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And saying Frieza in his 4th form is at 120,000 is laughable for so many reasons.


    Maybe he meant 120,000,000. In that case he's not off by a whole lot.


    Only by about 108,000,000, right?



    .


    No more like 138,000,000

    Besides your little excuse for Goku stating that Frieza is stronger than he is (just after recovering) is nothing more than a fanslation error. He makes no such a statement in the viz version of the manga.


    So now you think that Frieza was at 150,000,000?

    The Viz translations aren't the end-all of translations, Vegeta. The fact that you believe so shows how little you know about manga and anime translations in general. Why do you think that so many translations can be different in parts. Sometimes the difference can be very small, such as the differences between the translations of Marron and Yamcha's conversation at the tournament in the Buu Saga, or the difference can alter an entire manga frame.
    As far as I know, Dranet has never been known to "make up" lines.

    In any case, whether or not that translation is correct or not doesn't matter. There's a lot more evidence than that, and we've already been over this. Akira Toriyama made up rules for his manga, and even you would know that manga creators have to follow by their own rules if they are to be respected. Following your way of thinking in this debate, it would require that AT breaks some of his own rules (zenkais, his way of keeping things secret for a long time, etc.), and you're in part saying that AT isn't a great manga creator. Come now.

    I can't believe you honestly still think that Frieza and Goku were in the hundred millions on Namek. You would think that 15+ years of avid Dragonball fans would convince you, but I suppose you would rather take the word of the kids at MFG Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't everyone there believe Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha to be in the hundred-thousands in the Buu Saga, even though none of them did much training after the Android Saga? Yeah, I can see why you take their words over everyone else's.

    Honestly, I've become entirely bored of this debate, and this is probably the fourth or so time we've went through it on this board alone. But if you want to keep it up, fine by me.


    Well you gave me quite a laugh. Even four year olds knows how inaccurate the fanslations are, and that the Viz manga is far more accurate.

    Now regarding the debate, I have gotten bored of hearing your speculated theories. (specifically the ones regarding Goku using short bursts of kaioken)

    Besides, the daizenshuu (which is 100% canon) specifically had Frieza at 120,000,000. You can't really say otherwise.


    For one, I'm sure four-year-olds wouldn't know such a thing. Secondly, plenty of fanslations are quite accurate. Third, the Viz manga got a few major plot points wrong (I'd have to look them up again, but if you were an expert you should already know anyway), whereas the Dranet fanslations got them correct. Fourth, you're showing how little you know about the process of manga translating by believing everything the Viz manga has.

    I don't care what you've "gotten bored" of. I do, however, care that you're mocking AT's manga style just for the sake of a debate. Every DBZ fan could notice that AT loves to keep things hidden until the end. Add onto that the fact that the Frieza Saga was AT's originally planned final saga, so he would naturally add in as many surprises as he could. Also, AT would be breaking his own rules if he made Goku as strong as you say he was. And any good manga fan knows that manga creators have to (and always do) follow their rules if they hope for their manga to be respected. AT had a range that a zenkai could increase one's strength apparently, and for Goku to be that strong would require for his zenkai to magically be at least five times as high as any other zenkai in the series.

    I CANNOT believe you are still so naive that you truly believe the Daizenshuu's power-levels! You should have known that no serious Dragonball fan takes those seriously. I would rather have an opponent in this debate who understands everything related to the Dragonball manga, including the Daiz.
    To prove how little you know about this matter, do you even know who it was who created the Daiz? It sure wasn't Akira Toriyama, the Dragonball creator. He had no true part in it, especially not the power-levels. Heck, AT didn't even like having power-levels around in the first place, so why would he even take part in forming solid PL's if he hated them? The Daiz was created by nobody more official than me, just by mere "fans". They had no more knowledge about the power-levels than any of us. So, there's your so-called "proof". An inaccurate book created by fans.

    Furthermore, your time at the MFG forum has obviously affected you, in a negative way. I made an account on there and made about five posts, and that was all I could take of that place. As I looked around the entire forum and inspected closer I noticed both big and little things that showed how little the people there actually knew. For one, everyone on there for some reason feels the need to create power-level sheets, something which I could never understand the concept of to begin with. As if minor differences between one another's PL sheets would make any sort of a difference...Add onto that the fact that everyone seems to believe that Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha somehow shot up to the hundred-thousands power-level-wise from those measly three years of training for the Androids! How seriously can those people be taken after that?
    Aside from that, I noticed countless amounts of HUGE mistakes everyone made with their ideas of how strong people in the series were. Even the so called "experts" of that forum get so many things wrong. In fact, about the only thing they get right is the strongest human (Krillin), unless of course they've changed what they think on that subject since my last visit there (at least six months ).
    Anyway, if you still go there, and you enjoy it and you have friends there, then by all means don't let me stop you from going there. I'm not here to do that. If you enjoy that forum then that's fine. But, seriously, I wouldn't take too much of what they say seriously if I were you. I would suggest different places for you, but I don't want those places tarnished, nor do I want to violate any rules.

    You can keep this up if you want, but you will NOT prove anything in this debate. You can't, you won't, and you never did. Call my theories wrong, call my evidence false, do whatever. You're still always going to be in the wrong as far as I can tell by judging from your personality. You're not going to admit you're wrong, you probably hate to be wrong, right? Just let this thread die peacefully and we won't speak of it again, I don't want to have to have my mind wrapped around this subject any longer.

    =/
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [145]Apr 10, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    Haha, well I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. It's good to know that one such as you can be so easily entertained by something that, well, isn't really all that funny. But just so you know, "you're clueless" isn't a very strong argument here.

    *Thumbs up*
    Edited on 04/10/2006 9:36am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [146]Apr 10, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    OneTruePhoenix wrote:
    Haha, well I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. It's good to know that one such as you can be so easily entertained by something that, well, isn't really all that funny. But just so you know, "you're clueless" isn't a very strong argument here.

    *Thumbs up*
    Oh but you're wrong, there was plenty to laugh at in your post.
    And I'm not in this argument at all, just reading it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneTruePhoenix

    OneTruePhoenix

    [147]Apr 10, 2006
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 407
    deckzone3000 wrote:
    Oh but you're wrong, there was plenty to laugh at in your post.


    Yeah, I can see plenty to laugh at there. Actually I'm lying, I'm not quite as easily entertained as you apparently are. Why don't you simply quit telling me that you're laughing, and let this thread die? It's not as if I care about your sense of humor in the slightest.

    deckzone3000 wrote:
    And I'm not in this argument at all, just reading it.


    Well then let this argument die If you weren't "in this argument, just reading it", then why even post here? If you were just reading it, you wouldn't bother arguing with me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of themunn

    themunn

    [148]Apr 19, 2006
    • member since: 04/20/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, or if this has been mentioned already (i only read the first four pages), as my memory occasionally fails me and I haven't watche the Frieza saga in years, but when SS Goku is fighting frieza, don't some of friezas henchmen on another planet somewhere say that the power levels of SS Goku and Frieza are around 6 million before their machines explode?
    I somehow severely doubt that their powers go up by 20 times as much.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [149]Apr 20, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    It wasn't said in the manga.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [150]Apr 20, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 04/20/2006 12:59am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of metal01

    metal01

    [151]Apr 20, 2006
    • member since: 04/12/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 65
    does anyone have a link to a fairly accurate site that has powerlevels from dragonball through gt that includes the dbz movies?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [152]Apr 20, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    http://anime.myfavoritegames.com/forum/index.php?showforum=276
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of twin_chidori

    twin_chidori

    [153]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 04/14/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 52
    fluffman4 wrote:
    so... you're basically saying that cell was about 1 billion and majin buu was about 10-50 billion. and omega was about 1 trillion. As i recall it takes a power level of 20,000 to blow up a planet. So omega being on the earth, which couldn't probably contain his power, would probably blow it up by causing instability, which it didn't.... either way goku was at 300,000 base, and if you remember watching the episode in the fight goku was using kaio-ken the entire time, king kai gives us enlightenment on that, it only shows his aura because he went 20x, and his kamehameha didn't hurt frieza much, it turned his palm blackish... and he couldn't dodge it... And i believe in DBZ: Sagas, it said that friezas power in the battle as ssj goku was 12,000,000. I watched episodes 74-79 like 3 days ago... thank you cartoonnetwork on demand.
    cell is like in 100 hundred thousand and omega is like 1,500,000,000 and ssj4 goku 1,000,000,000 and vegeta 1,100,000,000 { i just like to bring it up}
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minndak10

    minndak10

    [154]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 10/18/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 8,686
    Well Frieza is true but cell is a little stronger buu a lot stronger Shenron Like a million times stronger
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CableGuy15

    CableGuy15

    [155]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 04/28/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 7,389
    twin_chidori wrote:
    fluffman4 wrote:
    so... you're basically saying that cell was about 1 billion and majin buu was about 10-50 billion. and omega was about 1 trillion. As i recall it takes a power level of 20,000 to blow up a planet. So omega being on the earth, which couldn't probably contain his power, would probably blow it up by causing instability, which it didn't.... either way goku was at 300,000 base, and if you remember watching the episode in the fight goku was using kaio-ken the entire time, king kai gives us enlightenment on that, it only shows his aura because he went 20x, and his kamehameha didn't hurt frieza much, it turned his palm blackish... and he couldn't dodge it... And i believe in DBZ: Sagas, it said that friezas power in the battle as ssj goku was 12,000,000. I watched episodes 74-79 like 3 days ago... thank you cartoonnetwork on demand.
    cell is like in 100 hundred thousand and omega is like 1,500,000,000 and ssj4 goku 1,000,000,000 and vegeta 1,100,000,000 { i just like to bring it up}


    That's way off just to let you know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kevindork

    Kevindork

    [156]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 05/01/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 557
    It was stated by Akira Toriyama that Goku's SS power level was 15,000,000. So that would make Frieza's likely at 12,000,000.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SteelDynasty

    SteelDynasty

    [157]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 04/29/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 168
    Kevindork wrote:
    It was stated by Akira Toriyama that Goku's SS power level was 15,000,000. So that would make Frieza's likely at 12,000,000.


    link?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deckzone3000

    deckzone3000

    [158]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 8,266
    SteelDynasty wrote:
    Kevindork wrote:
    It was stated by Akira Toriyama that Goku's SS power level was 15,000,000. So that would make Frieza's likely at 12,000,000.
    link?
    His ass
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CableGuy15

    CableGuy15

    [159]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 04/28/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 7,389

    deckzone3000 wrote:
    SteelDynasty wrote:
    Kevindork wrote:
    It was stated by Akira Toriyama that Goku's SS power level was 15,000,000. So that would make Frieza's likely at 12,000,000.
    link?
    His ass

    where do you come up with this stuff?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hyou_Gattai

    Hyou_Gattai

    [160]May 4, 2007
    • member since: 11/20/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,021
    Kevindork wrote:
    It was stated by Akira Toriyama that Goku's SS power level was 15,000,000. So that would make Frieza's likely at 12,000,000.
    holy $**, did you talked to Akira and asked him that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.