Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Official DragonBall KAI thread- It already started.

What do you think about this?

edmasterchaos

[41]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 41
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:
    Why did the DB series had so many fillers in the first place? Like others, I hope DB Kai will come to the US. And if Funimation dubs DB Kai, I hope the voice actors will be the same as the original/old DB series. Like Christopher Sabat, Sean Schemmel, Stephanie Nadonly, etc.
    Because DB anime aired while the manga was still going, so they had to put fillers in order to allow the manga to get further ahead from the anime.
    Remember that the anime is based off the manga, basically the script.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpaceWay2007

[42]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    ^Oh...Thank you.

mejustjustin

[43]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 17
    Looks kinda lame. :/ It's just a redone DBZ. Nothing will be new for the most part.

edmasterchaos

[44]Apr 18, 2009
    Well, yeah, that's it, re-done, HD, no filler, a cheap japanese cash-in, but the fights will be interesting to see again now that they don't stretch every simple thing someone does with 5 minutes of everybody's emotions toward that action.

mejustjustin

[45]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 17
    It will be interesting to see how they change it. But I am still trying to purchase all the redone DVD dub ones they've been releasing from Funimation. I'm not going to purchase another redone series

edmasterchaos

[46]Apr 19, 2009
    Well, it'll take about a year, but i recommend you wait for Funi's dubbed DVDs of DBK, since it's shorter and true HD not crop out 25% on top and bottom then bleach up the color to make it look kinda HD.
    And, each DVD would have more content since it would take less episodes to do stuff.

Ed-Ventures

[47]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 20
    I like the filler otherwise there wouldn't be a proper story

Johiden

[48]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think this is a great thing that they gave done. DBZ is one of the big anime which helped the big anime boom in the US. I remember when it first aired on Toonami and was like what is this. And it just constantly repeated and kept wondering when new episodes were going to come out.

After watching the subbed version compared from what I remember the anime looks great. For some quick cash in its a good idea. Though I am not sure how far they will go. I remember reading that Akira had originally plan on stopping Z after the fight with Frieza. I would assume they are not going to refresh the WHOLE series just to the point after the Frieza and Goku fight.

Reviewing the ending credits we see nothing of Cell, Majin Buu, we do see however Super Saiyan Goku which has me hyped up. I cannot wait.

ghetxd

[49]May 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    Yeh, Hope they sub it to UK TV

ZBishop26

[50]May 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    Johiden wrote:
    I think this is a great thing that they gave done. DBZ is one of the big anime which helped the big anime boom in the US. I remember when it first aired on Toonami and was like what is this. And it just constantly repeated and kept wondering when new episodes were going to come out.

After watching the subbed version compared from what I remember the anime looks great. For some quick cash in its a good idea. Though I am not sure how far they will go. I remember reading that Akira had originally plan on stopping Z after the fight with Frieza. I would assume they are not going to refresh the WHOLE series just to the point after the Frieza and Goku fight.

Reviewing the ending credits we see nothing of Cell, Majin Buu, we do see however Super Saiyan Goku which has me hyped up. I cannot wait.
    Although we don't see Cell or Buu in the credits, they do appear in this teaser vid. So who knows how far they'll go.

Johiden

[51]May 31, 2009
    • level: 8
    ZBishop26 wrote:
    Johiden wrote:

Although we don't see Cell or Buu in the credits, they do appear in this teaser vid. So who knows how far they'll go.

Whoa the teaser is pretty awesome. Gogeta vs Brolly... SSJ3 Goku blowing the moon in half. It would be awesome to see Gogeta vs Brolly. Gogeta is my favorite.

sameer619

[52]Jun 2, 2009
    dragonball kai is the first 8 episodes of draGONBALLZ

edmasterchaos

[53]Jun 3, 2009
    sameer619 wrote:
    dragonball kai is the first 8 episodes of draGONBALLZ
    Episode 10 of DBK shows up to episode 18 of U.S. DBZ (which if i'm not mistake, had already cut down episodes and mashed the together during the first season.)

Iaintgadida

[54]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 7
    Personally, I was disappointed. I was expecting them to reanimate the animation. But it was the same animation they used before. But cutting the fillers was a good move. I'll watch it after it is completed.

peaceknuckle

[55]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    I'm really enjoying this so far. I had been wanting to rewatch DBZ for some time, but never got around to it. DB Kai is a perfect substitute. Removing the enormous amount of filler from the original was a genius idea. I think we are at episode 14 and already into Vegeta vs. Goku round 1. The things they cut are not missed and the I think the animation is redone pretty well. The removal of Goku's journey down snake way and the Gohan training filler makes you realize how pointless they were the first time around. Can't wait to see the rest of the series. Especially if it doesn't take 10 episodes for Namek to blow up, and Garlic Jr. doesn't show up.

xxsitcomsxx

[56]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 9
    Started watching it and got to the episode where Yamucha dies and I cried. It was so much more emotional and heartfelt in japanese than it was in the dub...beautiful
    Xx

dasaiyanwar

[57]Feb 15, 2010
    http://supersaiyan.org has all the eps

Get_Over_Here

[58]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 2
    Is anyone watching Funimation's release of this? It's surprisingly good compared to their remastered versions. The new casting seems to have done the trick. You can watch some of the videos on Nicktoons.com if anyone's interested.

hueyf

[59]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 6

I like the music better from the dbz but dbzk i like it how the change certain things from that you would seein the original version. Like vegetas armor and hair for example.

GoHaN_Buu

[60]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 11
    Bruce soundtrack made the dub errors seems okay but now different music and probably the same dub error? No thanks