Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Official Live Action Movie Discusion Thread (Movie Spoilers)

heffa105

[101]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    RellikofSouls_2 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    hairgel623 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    SuperSteve16 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:

i dont think that it will be great but i do think it will have a lot of action, also they pay the writers to come up with the basic same story but with a some what different screenplay.

But will the action be good??????

I'm hoping so
    I think the action will rock like transformers or somthin.

Ok well there is only two ways of this movie turning out, it can go Spiderman the movie trilogy and one the best stories and action movies ever made or Hulk, some people liked it, i thought it was really boring. thats it .

that spiderman movie, in my eyes as a hardcore spidey fan, was the biggest piece of garbage for a true fan. absolutely terrible, in fact i think the hulk movie was more faithful, and being faithful is what the fans want to see, sadly all movies have to be dumbed down
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? How can you not like that movie, it was prefectly copied from the comic,probably better.How can you not like the movie?

whoa whoa, bak to the DBZ Live Action Movie plz

yeah back on topic............... although................ as a MEGA HARDCORE fan of all spiderman mediums (comics, animated, video game, movies) i think that the spiderman trilogy wasnt necessarily faithful to the comics, but thats fine, its almost rediculous to think that it could be ! to think of all the things that happen in the comics leading up to the introduction and demise of green goblin... its gotta be changed to make sense in 100 minutes... and they did a great job of that!! if i've got any complaints with the trilogy, its that Venom needed more then the last third of one movie.... but thats it... the trilogy is different from the comics, but i love it none the less!!!

its going to be the same with the DBZ trilogy... i mean you'll get the die hard fans that will head into the movie automatically wanting to hate it because of changes and of stupid reasons (Goku's hairs not long enough etc, theres no krillen etc) but they are going to HAVE to change it !! to fit it into a good movie! and if u go into it with a pessimistic attitude then what hope do u have? im not saying if its crap u have to like it, im saying give them a chance to do a good job before u judge it crap!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DaVulture

[102]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 23

Sorry if this has been stated but I was on imdb and so disappointed that there was no Krillin. They got a character named Teto? This project looks bad already unless the director pulls a full 360 and makes the movie a respectable amount of critical acclaim (like 70% on rottentomatoes) and box office success. But things dont' look so good, I'm kind of worried.

the_dbz_fan

[103]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    heffa105 wrote:
    RellikofSouls_2 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    hairgel623 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    SuperSteve16 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:

i dont think that it will be great but i do think it will have a lot of action, also they pay the writers to come up with the basic same story but with a some what different screenplay.

I'm hoping so

Ok well there is only two ways of this movie turning out, it can go Spiderman the movie trilogy and one the best stories and action movies ever made or Hulk, some people liked it, i thought it was really boring. thats it .

that spiderman movie, in my eyes as a hardcore spidey fan, was the biggest piece of garbage for a true fan. absolutely terrible, in fact i think the hulk movie was more faithful, and being faithful is what the fans want to see, sadly all movies have to be dumbed down
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? How can you not like that movie, it was prefectly copied from the comic,probably better.How can you not like the movie?

yeah back on topic............... although................ as a MEGA HARDCORE fan of all spiderman mediums (comics, animated, video game, movies) i think that the spiderman trilogy wasnt necessarily faithful to the comics, but thats fine, its almost rediculous to think that it could be ! to think of all the things that happen in the comics leading up to the introduction and demise of green goblin... its gotta be changed to make sense in 100 minutes... and they did a great job of that!! if i've got any complaints with the trilogy, its that Venom needed more then the last third of one movie.... but thats it... the trilogy is different from the comics, but i love it none the less!!!

its going to be the same with the DBZ trilogy... i mean you'll get the die hard fans that will head into the movie automatically wanting to hate it because of changes and of stupid reasons (Goku's hairs not long enough etc, theres no krillen etc) but they are going to HAVE to change it !! to fit it into a good movie! and if u go into it with a pessimistic attitude then what hope do u have? im not saying if its crap u have to like it, im saying give them a chance to do a good job before u judge it crap!
    I totally think your right, lets see the movie first and then judge if it will be good or bad.

RellikofSouls_2

[104]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    the_dbz_fan wrote:
    heffa105 wrote:
    RellikofSouls_2 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    hairgel623 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    SuperSteve16 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:

I'm hoping so

yeah back on topic............... although................ as a MEGA HARDCORE fan of all spiderman mediums (comics, animated, video game, movies) i think that the spiderman trilogy wasnt necessarily faithful to the comics, but thats fine, its almost rediculous to think that it could be ! to think of all the things that happen in the comics leading up to the introduction and demise of green goblin... its gotta be changed to make sense in 100 minutes... and they did a great job of that!! if i've got any complaints with the trilogy, its that Venom needed more then the last third of one movie.... but thats it... the trilogy is different from the comics, but i love it none the less!!! its going to be the same with the DBZ trilogy... i mean you'll get the die hard fans that will head into the movie automatically wanting to hate it because of changes and of stupid reasons (Goku's hairs not long enough etc, theres no krillen etc) but they are going to HAVE to change it !! to fit it into a good movie! and if u go into it with a pessimistic attitude then what hope do u have? im not saying if its crap u have to like it, im saying give them a chance to do a good job before u judge it crap!
    I totally think your right, lets see the movie first and then judge if it will be good or bad.

If tat's the case then this wouldn't be much of a discussion topic would it? More like a 'news update on new movie' topic

SuperSteve16

[105]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 16
    DaVulture wrote:

Sorry if this has been stated but I was on imdb and so disappointed that there was no Krillin. They got a character named Teto? This project looks bad already unless the director pulls a full 360 and makes the movie a respectable amount of critical acclaim (like 70% on rottentomatoes) and box office success. But things dont' look so good, I'm kind of worried.

That sucks No Krillan!!!!!!

kidbuu23

[106]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    heffa105 wrote:
    RellikofSouls_2 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    hairgel623 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    SuperSteve16 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:

I'm hoping so

Im always skeptical though. To make harry potters 1-4 actual kick @$$ good movies is hard to do, espicially with the lenght an amount of fantasy. But that was done greatly IMO.

With DBZ, itll be like Harry potter 5, too long to be made into a decent movie. Itll be terrible all of the stuff left out, but with stellar fighting scenes, thatll maybe make up for the lacking stoery elements, just like the tv show!! Lol

SuperSteve16

[107]Feb 12, 2008
    kidbuu23 wrote:
    heffa105 wrote:
    RellikofSouls_2 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    hairgel623 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    SuperSteve16 wrote:
    reblex310 wrote:

I'm hoping so

yeah back on topic............... although................ as a MEGA HARDCORE fan of all spiderman mediums (comics, animated, video game, movies) i think that the spiderman trilogy wasnt necessarily faithful to the comics, but thats fine, its almost rediculous to think that it could be ! to think of all the things that happen in the comics leading up to the introduction and demise of green goblin... its gotta be changed to make sense in 100 minutes... and they did a great job of that!! if i've got any complaints with the trilogy, its that Venom needed more then the last third of one movie.... but thats it... the trilogy is different from the comics, but i love it none the less!!! its going to be the same with the DBZ trilogy... i mean you'll get the die hard fans that will head into the movie automatically wanting to hate it because of changes and of stupid reasons (Goku's hairs not long enough etc, theres no krillen etc) but they are going to HAVE to change it !! to fit it into a good movie! and if u go into it with a pessimistic attitude then what hope do u have? im not saying if its crap u have to like it, im saying give them a chance to do a good job before u judge it crap!
    Im always skeptical though. To make harry potters 1-4 actual kick @$$ good movies is hard to do, espicially with the lenght an amount of fantasy. But that was done greatly IMO. With DBZ, itll be like Harry potter 5, too long to be made into a decent movie. Itll be terrible all of the stuff left out, but with stellar fighting scenes, thatll maybe make up for the lacking stoery elements, just like the tv show!! Lol

Spider man was good and I liked harry potter 1-4 better than number 5. The Dbz Movie better have a decent story or It won't be worth watching

uki1234

[108]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 8

IMO Harry Potter 4 movie totally sucked compared to book. Harry Potter 5 movie wasn't bad, but you cant expect it to be good when you have to put 800 pages into 2 hours of movie.

Anyway this is DBz forum so dont start Harry Potter discussion or something

vicdmx

[109]Feb 15, 2008
    uki1234 wrote:

IMO Harry Potter 4 movie totally sucked compared to book. Harry Potter 5 movie wasn't bad, but you cant expect it to be good when you have to put 800 pages into 2 hours of movie.

Yeah talk about DBZ not Harry Potts.

emperor_gad

[110]Feb 15, 2008
    vicdmx wrote:
    uki1234 wrote:

HARRY POTTYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

vicdmx

[111]Feb 15, 2008
    emperor_gad wrote:
    vicdmx wrote:
    uki1234 wrote:

Whatever gad..

emperor_gad

[112]Feb 15, 2008
    vicdmx wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    vicdmx wrote:
    uki1234 wrote:

Whatever gad..

SuperSteve16

[113]Feb 16, 2008
    emperor_gad wrote:
    vicdmx wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    vicdmx wrote:
    uki1234 wrote:

Whatever gad..

vicdmx

[114]Feb 16, 2008
    SuperSteve16 wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    vicdmx wrote:
    emperor_gad wrote:
    vicdmx wrote:
    uki1234 wrote:

Whatever gad..

?

RodimusZoro

[115]Feb 17, 2008
    just so you know this movies based on dragonball not dbz

kidbuu23

[116]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    uki1234 wrote:

WOW this is a DBZ forum?? Who knew??

It was an anomoly, i was using HP to explain something. Anyways, Yeah this movie is based on dragonball anyways. No krillin, no SSJ, no dbz villian for all the kiddy fans?? This movie wont do good at all. Teto, TEH NEW KRIILIN!!

anthonykomonski

[117]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 34
    Why did they even do this to begin with?

final_flash319

[118]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 5

anthonykomonski wrote:
    Why did they even do this to begin with?

money probably. They see all the money coming in from all the other shows/comics/manga turned movie sequels.. and want MORE!

final_flash319

[119]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 5

On IMDB it says that a teaser is going to be released on March 14th

.... I don't know if it's true or not..?...

fishtosser123

[120]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 9
    maybe march 08