Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Plot Holes?

The_Last_Ride

[1]Nov 23, 2010
    • level: 4

i have been studying through the sayien and frieza saga so far, and there are three things that kind of bug me.

First there are the scouters in the saga's. They are destroyed when they went up to 20k. They break every time, instead of making it only one time.

Second when Goku comes to Namek and gets attacked by Burter and Jeice. He is so fast that they can't see it. I find this hard to believe because in the fights after he doesn't move that fast and light travels at 300 000 km/s, and he doesn't learn instant transmission before after. So it is impossible for not them seing him.

Third Raditz said that Planet Vegeta blew up 3 years ago, when clearly in the Bardock origins movie he is a new born and sent off to Earth. He isn't 3 years old in DBZ. Also some other minor things considering the origins of the Sayiens that also bug me a little bit.

What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xLashx

[2]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 8
    Yes, they are old models.

You don't need to be light speed for someone not to see you.

You should try your best to stay away from dubs...

The_Last_Ride

[3]Nov 25, 2010
    doesn't make any sense though, but what i meant not seing him was when he fought Burter and Jeice, the blast just went through him. That is impossible

xLashx

[4]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 8
    It's possible when one is that fast.

NathanRoth

[5]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 16
    remeber when King kai said that the the planet vegeta had a gaurdain and the guardian decided to punish the sayain for their war like ways by blowing up the planet thats a major plot hole unless you consider frieza atheir gaurdain.

The_Last_Ride

[6]Nov 28, 2010
    NathanRoth wrote:
    remeber when King kai said that the the planet vegeta had a gaurdain and the guardian decided to punish the sayain for their war like ways by blowing up the planet thats a major plot hole unless you consider frieza atheir gaurdain.

it could have been a tale that was told by Frieza to conceal what happend, and King Kai was unaware, but Raditz's story was a major plot hole

KingofIPirates

[7]Nov 28, 2010
    • level: 32
    The_Last_Ride wrote:
    NathanRoth wrote:

it could have been a tale that was told by Frieza to conceal what happend, and King Kai was unaware, but Raditz's story was a major plot hole
    The tale that was told by Frieza was that planet Vegeta was destroyed by meteors as confirmed during Dodoria's conversations with Vegeta. King Kai probably lied to prevent Goku from ever attempting to fight Freiza.

The_Last_Ride

[8]Nov 30, 2010
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    The_Last_Ride wrote:
    NathanRoth wrote:

The tale that was told by Frieza was that planet Vegeta was destroyed by meteors as confirmed during Dodoria's conversations with Vegeta. King Kai probably lied to prevent Goku from ever attempting to fight Freiza.

Yeah probably, but Trunks storyline also has some minor faults

wdprince

[9]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 21

i dont know about those, but a plothole is present in vegeta's flashback when he, piccolo, gohan, bulma, and the nameks are transported to earth so goku can fight freely with frieza. up to the point where he would encounter dodoria on namek, he was completely unaware of the true fate of planet vegeta, but in the flashback (yes, i know it's filler) when he, raditz and nappa are simply sent away instead of rewarded for conquering a planet, somehow nappa knows of the truth and relays it to vegeta, who also is somehow aware of frieza's doing and claims that it doesn't bother him

Misticblade723

[10]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 3

Here's a real plothole. Goku's kamehameha doesn't hurt tao but a gernade defeats him.

When wishing Upa's father, Bora, back to life Goku asks Shenlong if it is possible. Shenlong replies "There is no wish Shenlong cannot grant"...yet we later find out there's quite a lot of wishes Shenlong can't grant.

In the Red Ribbon Army saga, Colonel Silver destroys Goku's Nimbus cloud. A bit later when Goku is about to leave Snow's village the villagers tell him Nimbus clouds cannot be destoryed, and Goku calls it back. Yet when Tambourine destorys it, it's gone for good. So what happened to the can't be destroyed rule?

Krillin and Goku are best friends and like brothers so why does it take 4 years for Krillin to find out he has a son?

Why was Korin so unprepared in the Saiyan Saga. He had a year to grow some beans but he only had two.

WARL0CK-0107

[11]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 2

The_Last_Ride wrote:
    NathanRoth wrote:

King Kai is aware of everything that happens in the North Galaxy. He's pretty close to God status. I think King Kai told Goku that either because he didn't want him to try to take down Frieza, or this was just a genuine mistake (most likely a translation error)

ImNotDarioUAre

[12]May 19, 2011
    • level: 11

Misticblade723 wrote:

Here's a real plothole. Goku's kamehameha doesn't hurt tao but a gernade defeats him.

That's a good point.

Misticblade723 wrote:

When wishing Upa's father, Bora, back to life Goku asks Shenlong if it is possible. Shenlong replies "There is no wish Shenlong cannot grant"...yet we later find out there's quite a lot of wishes Shenlong can't grant.

So he's not a very modest giant wish granting dragon. Can you blame him?

Misticblade723 wrote:

In the Red Ribbon Army saga, Colonel Silver destroys Goku's Nimbus cloud. A bit later when Goku is about to leave Snow's village the villagers tell him Nimbus clouds cannot be destoryed, and Goku calls it back. Yet when Tambourine destorys it, it's gone for good. So what happened to the can't be destroyed rule?

Another good point.

Misticblade723 wrote:

Krillin and Goku are best friends and like brothers so why does it take 4 years for Krillin to find out he has a son?

No cellphones

Misticblade723 wrote:

Why was Korin so unprepared in the Saiyan Saga. He had a year to grow some beans but he only had two.

Heeeeee's fat and lazy?

ImNotDarioUAre

[13]May 19, 2011

The_Last_Ride wrote:

Second when Goku comes to Namek and gets attacked by Burter and Jeice. He is so fast that they can't see it. I find this hard to believe because in the fights after he doesn't move that fast and light travels at 300 000 km/s, and he doesn't learn instant transmission before after. So it is impossible for not them seing him.

It's all relative. When Piccolo and Krillin fought the saibamen then were moving too fast for Gohan to see, but when he focused his engery he was able to see them.

In all of Goku's fights after the Ginyu force he was fighting someone equally or almost as fast so it didnt seem like he was going very fast at all.

MadameTamma

[14]May 23, 2011
    • level: 7

Here's one that always got to me. In the buu saga goku tells everybody the heartbreaking news that Vegeta and Gohan are dead however only a few minutes earlier they make a wish to the eternal dragon that and I quote "for everybody who died today to come back to life except for all the really bad people!" or something like that. Nobody brings that up after they hear goku's news?

KingofIPirates

[15]May 26, 2011
    • level: 32
    MadameTamma wrote:

Here's one that always got to me. In the buu saga goku tells everybody the heartbreaking news that Vegeta and Gohan are dead however only a few minutes earlier they make a wish to the eternal dragon that and I quote "for everybody who died today to come back to life except for all the really bad people!" or something like that. Nobody brings that up after they hear goku's news?

Gohan could've eventually died a couple of minutes after the wish was made.

RaizenYusuke

[16]May 30, 2011
    • level: 28

To add to the Gohan one everyone acts like Gohan's death is final. Vegeta came back to life already, so yes he would stay dead. However Goku, Piccolo, and Krillin all act as if Gohan has been brought back before and his death is final when up until the Buu saga Gohan has not died once. I have another one, but this one is really because the plot convenience than anything else. Sheron and Prounga cannot grant a wish that exceeds the power of their creator yet they can bring people back from the dead. That seems like it would exceed their creators powers lol.

Sylardude

[17]May 30, 2011
    • level: 12

I have one...

How was Goten born since goku died when fighting cell? lol J/K

ImNotDarioUAre

[18]May 30, 2011

RaizenYusuke wrote:

To add to the Gohan one everyone acts like Gohan's death is final. Vegeta came back to life already, so yes he would stay dead. However Goku, Piccolo, and Krillin all act as if Gohan has been brought back before and his death is final when up until the Buu saga Gohan has not died once. I have another one, but this one is really because the plot convenience than anything else. Sheron and Prounga cannot grant a wish that exceeds the power of their creator yet they can bring people back from the dead. That seems like it would exceed their creators powers lol.

Yeah how come Kami and Dende and Guru can't bring people back to life if their Dragon's can? That's a good point

Edited on 05/30/2011 9:25pm

MadameTamma

[19]May 31, 2011
    • level: 7

It's stated in the manga and the Anime. The week before the Cell games, Goku had wanted to take the week off of training to just relax with his family. During this time he had some VERY special alone time with his wife. I know it gets confusing because they just fast forwarded seven years with no explanation and now Gohan's got a little brother, but it was possible that Goku got her pregnant during his final week alive, actually more than possible because it happened. I think the writers wanted Goku and Chi chi's relationship and how their kids were born to be vague so that the viewers could connect the dots and fill in the details themselves.