Dragon Ball Z Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Why didn't King Cold transform?

Agruntt

[1]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    Since it looks like he was in his 1st form, he should have been able to transform. If he couldn't, then it doesn't make any sense. Why Frieza has 4 forms, Cooler has 5 but their father only has 1?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CableGuy15

[2]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 19
    He was actually in his second form (Or apeared to be)

Frieza was taken out by Trunks before he could use his true power too, it's just because Trunks destroyed them so fast...

He also might not have had the ability to go past his second form.

frag60

[3]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 2

Agruntt wrote:
    Since it looks like he was in his 1st form, he should have been able to transform. If he couldn't, then it doesn't make any sense. Why Frieza has 4 forms, Cooler has 5 but their father only has 1?

damn good question-this is a very interesting topic........

Edited on 08/04/2007 7:19am

XxAndroidxX

[4]Aug 4, 2007
    maybe he was scared seeing freeza die so easerly and + it wouldnt make a diffence

Agruntt

[5]Aug 4, 2007
    XxAndroidxX wrote:
    maybe he was scared seeing freeza die so easerly and + it wouldnt make a diffence

Trunks is only a little stronger than King Cold and transforming at least into his 2nd form would make him 2x stronger.
    Edited on 08/04/2007 8:27am

CableGuy15

[6]Aug 4, 2007

Agruntt wrote:
    XxAndroidxX wrote:
    Trunks is only a little stronger than King Cold and transforming at least into his 2nd form would make him 2x stronger.

Huh? I certainly do not agree. It's unproven that going from 2nd to3rd form multiplies his power by 2, and SSJ Trunks was described by everyone who sensed his energy to be "So strong that it makes Frieza look like nothing" And Frieza in his mechanized 50% form is much more powerful than King Cold in second form.....

Edited on 08/04/2007 11:24am

Devilz911

[7]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 39
    King Cold in second form is much weaker than Mech. Freiza. Maybe if he was in his 4th form he could stand a chance against Trunks but he didn't have time to transform.

Agruntt

[8]Aug 4, 2007
    Devilz911 wrote:
    King Cold in second form is much weaker than Mech. Freiza. Maybe if he was in his 4th form he could stand a chance against Trunks but he didn't have time to transform.

I remember when Freeza and King Cold landed on earth Tien said something like "There are 2 Freezas and one is even more stronger", which means that King Cold was stronger that Freeza.

CableGuy15

[9]Aug 4, 2007
    Agruntt wrote:
    Devilz911 wrote:

I remember when Freeza and King Cold landed on earth Tien said something like "There are 2 Freezas and one is even more stronger", which means that King Cold was stronger that Freeza.

That's filler, and I don't even think it was said like that.

I think It was "Two massive powers heading for earth"

deckzone3000

[10]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 20

People, try and remember that this is Frieza's true, original form -

All his other forms were just created to suppress his power.

And Cooler shouldn't even be mentioned here because he's just 1 big plothole. He said he founda 5th form The writers really like screwing with the real storyline.

Agruntt wrote:
    1. Tien never felt Frieza before, so he wouldn't know.

2. When Yamcha asked if Frieza is really this strong, Gohan said he gets much more powerful. So Frieza was not at full power when Trunks killed him.

LSSJBroly17

[11]Aug 5, 2007

[QUOTE="Agruntt"]

Devilz911 wrote:
    Tien said something like "There are 2 Freezas and one is even more stronger

his actually word were my gosh choutzu theres two of them, the only time there is a mention of someone stronger than frieza is when trunks kills friezas guards

also i think king cold was in his final form since im sure that not everyone of friezas race has the same transformations

Devilz911

[12]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 39
    Hey I never said that! Agruntt did.

CableGuy15

[13]Aug 5, 2007
    ... Trunks also recalls "Being able to defeat King Cold and Frieza using the element of surprise" durring the Android/Cell saga... So neither were at full power I guess.

maoejo

[14]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    deckzone3000 wrote:

People, try and remember that this is Frieza's true, original form -

All his other forms were just created to suppress his power.

And Cooler shouldn't even be mentioned here because he's just 1 big plothole. He said he founda 5th form The writers really like screwing with the real storyline.

Agruntt wrote:
    1. Tien never felt Frieza before, so he wouldn't know.

2. When Yamcha asked if Frieza is really this strong, Gohan said he gets much more powerful. So Frieza was not at full power when Trunks killed him.

ummm... Decky... I already knew about the frieza thing.

And about Cooler's "finding a 5th form" Line, that plothole was present only in the Dubbed version, In the original version, Cooler was actually saying that he transforms one more time than his brother, frieza.

From Anime Cauldron:

:
    Cooler- "Hmph, you do as well as I expected. Enough to have defeated my brother. However, the real hell begins now! Once you witness this hell, I will show you no mercy, no matter how you scream! Not until I've torn you to bits.....One time more."
    Goku- "?"
    Cooler- "I am able to transform myself 1 more time than my brother."
    Goku- "What?"
    Cooler- "You should consider this an honor. You will be the first to see my ultimate transformation, and the last!"
    Goku- ("Incredible... his ki is even greater than Freeza's!)"
    Cooler- "So, shall we begin?"

Thisquote being, of course from the subbed version of the japanese original.

see... the whole "I found a 4th transformation beyond my third transformation" nonsense was only uttered in the dubbed, it was never uttered in the Japanese version at all.

and, yes, while it is true that Tien never felt frieza's power before, that doesn't necessarily mean that he can't hazard a guess. It may have been an anime filler, it may have been in the original manga, I don't know for sure, but if it was indeed in the original Manga, all i can say is that this isn't the first time that Toriyama made a mistake contradicting his own laws of his manga. Bardock's Cameo (which, BTW, depicts the scene where he tries to use the spirit of the saiyans against frieza while being severalhundred miles above the atmosphere) and Frieza later telling SSJ Goku that he can't breathe in space (despite his encounter with Bardock at least 27 years earlier) comes to mind.

kidbuu23

[15]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 11
    Freiza max power is his new mecha form, so him not being full power is nonsense. If it isnt, then your implying freiza can transform up from his mecha form. Which isnt true because he was found and improved upon from his 100% max power form.

King Cold is a weakling. I doubt he had any other forms anyway. Trunks killed frieza in his new form with ease, and kin cold wouldn've stood a chance, as shown.

vicdmx

[16]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 8
    kidbuu23 wrote:
    Freiza max power is his new mecha form, so him not being full power is nonsense. If it isnt, then your implying freiza can transform up from his mecha form. Which isnt true because he was found and improved upon from his 100% max power form.

King Cold is a weakling. I doubt he had any other forms anyway. Trunks killed frieza in his new form with ease, and kin cold wouldn've stood a chance, as shown.

King Cold is not a weakling! Cyborg Frieza>>King Cold
    King Cold would of probably killed Tien and the rest of the humans and even piccolo and vegeta.

Have we seen him in a REAL fight? no we havent so you cant say SH!T!!!!!

RellikofSouls

[17]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 6

vicdmx wrote:
    kidbuu23 wrote:
    Freiza max power is his new mecha form, so him not being full power is nonsense. If it isnt, then your implying freiza can transform up from his mecha form. Which isnt true because he was found and improved upon from his 100% max power form. King Cold is a weakling. I doubt he had any other forms anyway. Trunks killed frieza in his new form with ease, and kin cold wouldn've stood a chance, as shown.
    King Cold is not a weakling! Cyborg Frieza>>King Cold King Cold would of probably killed Tien and the rest of the humans and even piccolo and vegeta. Have we seen him in a REAL fight? no we havent so you cant say SH!T!!!!!

I bet King Cold didn't even hav a true form, probably evolution effected Frieza's generation? lol

Sub-Zero5

[18]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    kidbuu23 wrote:

Lol, so I guess Gohan lied when he said in the dub and in the manga that Frieza was using a little amount of his power. (I say in the dub so you won't give me that crap about how you're talking about anime only )

kidbuu23

[19]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 11
    Sub-Zero5 wrote:
    kidbuu23 wrote:

Lol, so I guess Gohan lied when he said in the dub and in the manga that Frieza was using a little amount of his power. (I say in the dub so you won't give me that crap about how you're talking about anime only )
    Sub zero mate?? Been a while. I knew that statment I made would draw you out. Freiza was found in 100% max power form, and improved upon from there.

Sub-Zero5

[20]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    kidbuu23 wrote:
    Sub-Zero5 wrote:
    kidbuu23 wrote:

Sub zero mate?? Been a while. I knew that statment I made would draw you out. Freiza was found in 100% max power form, and improved upon from there.

He was almost dead, they couldn't have known his true power.