Dragon Ball Z

Plans for Departure

Aired Weekdays 10:30 PM Unknown on Cartoon Network

• Nothing much...

Nothing much happened here. Mr. Popo came to get Bulma and show her the old Namekian ship on planet Earth. Then, Bulma assembled herself a small crew, comprising of Gohan and Krillin (Goku couldn't go yet because he was severely damages from the fight with Vegeta) in order to fly off to Namek in search of the dragonballs so they could revive Tien, Yamcha, Piccolo, and Chiaotzu. Nothing happened here and the manga sequence is approximately 1 chapter so this episode dragged on for extra airtime. Otherwise, it was fun to watch, though that was never a basis alone for rating the episode.
  • Great Episode of DBZ

At the crash site of Nappa's space capsule, a group of scientists finally remove it from the ground and onto a cargo plane. Meanwhile, at the hospital, Gohan and Krillin cringe in fear when they hear Goku scream as his wounds are treated. When the nurse calls for the next patient, Gohan and Kuririn make a run for it, but they are caught by Master Roshi and Chi-Chi. Later that day, Gohan and Krillin are reunited with Goku and everyone else, and they make fun of Yajirobe for when he kissed-up to Vegeta. Suddenly, Buruma comes in and announces that they found the space capsule and it's on TV at the moment.
  • Yes... this episode gave lots of information to what the rest of the season is going to be about.

So, in this episode, we learn of Kami's past and how he came to Earth and waited to be rescued for a very long time. This is just like how we learned of Piccolo's corrupted past in the previous episode. All together, you could really say this season is all about people from Namek (aka Namekians).

With much help from Mr. Popo, Bulma finds Kami's spaceship. Thankfully, it is working, even sending the two to Jupiter. This definately gave me hope for the characters, even though it seemed like it was lost. This gives them the chance to reach Namek fast in order to wish their friends back... but, I don't know what's in store for them next.

However, I was considering to put this review under the silly category because, with those aweseome and special uncut scenes, the show is so funny: Master Roshi is such a pervert!! I did also laugh at when he tried figuring out who Bulma was when she walked through the hospital door.