Dragon Ball Z

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

SrRui

Dragon Ball Z Fan Reviews (553)

• Dragon ball z

Dragon ball z is the best animated show ever love this animated show , and its unbeatable show . it is the father of manga. And its hero is also the best in the cartoon history,and its goku. He is awesome! . I am disappointed by the rating of this show , that people don't understand just awesome is this cartoon show. I have lost words for this show.
  • Greatest. Action. Animated Show. EVER!!

Alright, breaking tradition here. Usually I just review animated shows from North America and not Japanese animes. Mainly because, I don't watch many of them anymore. But a few of the ones I do watch, are among my favorite shows of all time. And the best one is without a doubt, Dragon Ball Z. This may just be my favorite animated show off all time, even more than the Looney Tunes. I never missed an opportunity to watch it as a kid, and today, I have all nine seasons on DVD. that's how much I love DBZ.

The characters are awesome. Goku is one of the most likable characters ever put into animation, he's kind, naive, competitive, and he's always trying to see the good in people, even if the people are the most evil villains ever. His son Gohan, is just as likable. I loved how he developed from a spoiled brat in the beginning to a complete badass in the Cell Games. Other Z Warriors like Piccolo, Krillin and Tien are cool in their own different ways. Future Trunks was awesome, one of my personal favs. Vegeta, while he's an egotistic bastard for most of the series, his development during the Buu saga was awesome, actually learning some humility while still retaining that tough, prince attitude.

The show itself was incredible. I have to admit though, I didn't like it in Japanese. I grew up with the Funimation dub on Toonami, and personally, it was much better than the Japanese version. I love the voice acting better, and the music by Bruce Faulcner was freakin' EPIC! The fighting, in both dubs of course, is spectacular, and I really loved the story. While I do think the Frieza saga dragged on a little too long, I loved the Androids/Cell and Buu stroy arcs. Also, I didn't mind DBZ's filler at all. They all fit in the canon storyline pretty well and they didn't drag on for a long time like they do in Naruto.

I have no problems with this show, it's just one of those perfect shows in my opinion. Dragon Ball Z had awesome characters, storylines, action, music, and it's hilarious in many situations. It's the action show that inspired some of the greatest animes to ever come out of Japan for a reason, and it just might be the greatest animated show (American or Japanese) to ever exist.
  • sucks

DBZ is too violent,it should be banned from playing the games and tv series,the games are unbeatable and the gameplay sucks on battle of z.
  • just pure epicness

who ever hates this show is just jealous that they aren't saiyans.
  • Dragonball Z

Always loved it as a KID and I still will as a MAN :)
  • Dragon ball

Dragon ball 100% PURE CONCENTRATE, excelent!!!
  • Probably one of the best Animes of all time

The rating I give is for Dragon Ball Z as a whole. It was made 24 years ago and it has not aged a bit. Even today, there are video games and forums and fansites on the series. It is so popular, that it has even been released as Dragon Ball Z Kai, digitally remastering it. It has been dubbed several times in North America. I will review each dub down below.

Toonami dub 1998/ 9 out of 10 This is what introduced me to the series and I was blown away as a kid. Sure, a lot of scenes were altered but it was to make it appropriate to children, which I could forgive, plus I was a kid myself.

DBZ Uncut/ 7 out of 10 Though it was considered uncut, I don't really have any memories of this version, severely lowering the score. I don't think it lasted very long so it's hard for me to remember this well.

Dragon Ball Z Kai Nicktoons dub/ N/A I haven't seen this dub so I can't give a review for it. Sorry!

Dragon Ball Z Kai 4Kids/Vortex dub/ 1 out of 10. Yes, this dub was a complete insult. Many more scenes were removed from this version than the Cartoon Network version. At first I thought I missed them but no, they cut out the episode with Princess Snake and instead of just altering Hell like Cartoon Network did, they skipped it all out entirely. I still kept watching despite my outrage and finally gave up on this after hearing "Ginyu Force Rules" theme when the Ginyu Force introduced themselves. It was so horrible I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. I haven't even watched the show after Vortex took over when 4Kids went bankrupt. This actually made me see how terrible 4Kids was as I grew up with Cartoon Network's dub of Dragon Ball Z.
  • How much do I love this!

100% PURE AWESOMENESS FROM CONCENTRATE! XD
  • The Greatest Anime Series of all time.

Dragonball Z is the best anime series to ever make it onto television. It was the first one I fell instantly in love with, the first one that gave us the epic scale of insanely massive animated science fiction from Japan, and of course, the greatest Super Saiyan of all time: Son Goku.

This show was one of the most significant parts of my childhood. He was the Japanese equivalent of Superman for me, and he was just as, if not even more badass than The Last Son of Krypton.

This show is what I consider to be in the Epic Television genre. It is up there with the greatest cartoons ever made for TV. It wasn't just a show about epic fights and overcoming your enemies; it was also a journey of character development. That's what so many people seem to overlook when it comes to Dragonball Z. Goku is one of the most loveable characters in the show; he is a loving father, loyal to his friends, must overcome his own limits so he can defeat his enemies and is an overall badass. That's why I loved the show so much.

The characters are loveable, so much more than what can be said for the characters in Pokemon. That show was all about trying to 'catch 'em all'. Here, there is a reason the story is told. You have so much internal potential and power that you don't yet realise. Goku has all these traits that we as normal humans without superpowers, strive to accomplish.

Aside from the subtext of the show, it is just great stuff and is also incredibly funny sometimes. It still feels fresh despite the somewhat dated animation, yet the animation is still incredible. They just don't put this much detail into anime TV shows anymore. Mainly, it's the feeling you get from watching the show that stays with you. It's ultra satisfaction that's near impossible to get from today's television shows. You'll keep wishing that you were best friends with Goku and all the other timeless characters ranging from, Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Trunks, Tien, Yamcha, and to a degree Bulma (she always crossed the fine line between funny and annoying, but that's just me personally). Still, even the annoying characters can be fun to watch because they add to the comical side of the show.

If you haven't watched Dragonball Z or any other anime, then you haven't truly seen what animation is capable of. Don't restrict yourself to only-Disney stuff. Go beyond that stuff, and Dreamworks stuff also. Animation is more than a kids-only pleasing medium. It's for everyone, just like this gem of a show.

I give Dragonball Z 10/10 dragonballs.
  • Watch Team Four Star on Youtube

The animations are great and so are the characters. It made up alot of my childhood and I still watch it time from time. I don't know what channel this show started on, but it's brilliant.
  • FANTASTIC. i

If it isnt considered the best anime series it should be considered the anime series that brought anime into mainstream. If you watch it now it may seem outdated and the grahpics old BUT IT WAS MADE MORE THAN 20 YEARS AGO. Unlike Naruto each episode is packed with action, comedy and drama. A beautiful blend of all the things that make anime great. Definitely the most influential Anime Series.
  • RELAUNCHED DRAGON BALL Z AND GT O CARTOONNETWORK INDI PLEASE............................

please launched the dragon ball g and gt on cartooonnetwork india please launched tha dargon ball z ang gt please................................ i'm BIg fan of dbg g and gt
  • An Anime of doom.

Another bad show that should have not been made. The only good part is their powers and the designs. 5/100 Horrible.
  • nice ever forever anime

nice for me like love story about gohan and videl some anime like naruto is base some idea on dbz so i never forget this epic anime ever in my life
  • AWESOME

BEST SHOW ON THE WHOLE PLANET EARTH
  • plz come back dragon ball z

my name is samyak and i want to see dragon ball z on cartoon network plz open dragon ball z on it . this is my favourite programm
  • DragonBall Z is about the experiences of a saiyin(Goku) living and protecting planet earth from incredibly vengeful and powerful enemies. Originally he was sent to conquer Earth but accidentally fell on his head and had a change of heart.

What more can you say about DragonBall Z; it's just plain awesome. Dragon Ball Z was the first Japanese Anime that I took interest in and from then on I became hooked. Not only is Dragon Ball Z loaded with tons of action, it also has an excellent storyline. The mouth dropping action will make you an instant fan and you'll be hooked waiting for each episode like a pack of cigarettes loaded with nicotine. This show became an instant classic in my heart and in the hearts of all true anime fans the moment it aired. Dragon Ball Z made me what I am today A die hard anime Fan.
  • DBZ Rocks

Best show ever!
  • Its over 9000!!

Watched a few episodes and loved it
  • The best cartoon there will be in past, present and future

there is no cartoons that will match with dragon ball z.............

these cartoon is the best..........

• A shonen that started it all!

Dragon Ball Z is an amazing anime and is very well written and the battles are great and I really do think that this series really redefined shonen manga in general. The animation is still quite good considering that it came out in 1989, and the characters are very well done. Well to say the very least this is a great show and it redefine what shonens are, so with that said one must wonder what shonens would be like if Dragon Ball Z never came out....
  • It began with the Dragon balls, and it ended with them.

Words cannot describe the awesome elements smashed together to make this ultimate series that had the whole world shaken, and that was the universe of Dragonball. I was young myself when I saw this wonderful series being premiered on air for the first time and the developments throughout my youth with dragonball was just amazing. I never expected Dragonball to have such a good ending and how they fought each and different very unique characters. Now I could write a review about this all day but I will just say it, My review for 2012: This is just amazing in words not even founded.
  • BEST SHOW EVER

this is my faverite show ever there is no show that is better
  • NOTHING will EVER top the dragonball trilogy

Many of my friends and family say bleach is better well I say,does Bleach have super saiyans,1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and beyond? Does it have kaoken?Sure Bleach might have a good scene every zillion years,but every scene in every episode of this trilogy is awesome.
  • GREATEST BATTLE

WHO WOULD WIN RED EYES GOKU ARE GOOD GOKU

• Dragonball Z

I love this show, it's a classic! The original version I mean, not Kai. I don't see why they had to go and rewrite the whole show. What was wrong with the original?
  • from his humble beginnings as a child trying to prove himself. To the universes guardian. I've followed the story and feel humbled to know it. The best anime story so far. Classic of classics.

Love the anime and manga. The story of goku, the whelp who, above all odds, rose to be the universes greatest fight who ever lived. I have watched him from the beginning as a little boy who defeated the evil picalo. To the champion of the ultimate fighters tournament champion. Then defeated his evil brother Raditz. Then saved the earth from the evil sayan warriors Nappa, and Vagetta. To killing the evil of all evils, Freeza. All the way to Ma Jin Boo, the greatest fighter in the universe. Becoming the greatest warrior who ever lived! Best story ever.

• One of the best amines I've ever seen.

I love this show it is my favorite all of the dragon ball sagas i love this show because the animation is great and the storyline is great as well. My favorite character is Goku , Kakarot because he is the one that always pulls threw and kill all of the worst of enemies and also he was the first one to go super saiyan ,super saiyan 3 and 4 but thats all i know so far because they havent made any more recent episodes. Also the action is great and always intense and it keeps you on your toes and it makes you want to watch the next episode because you want to know what happens next. Also the funniest seasons were 7-9 these were the funniest seasons ever they would always have something funny in every episode.

• This Super Natural Martial Arts Masterpiece was the Best Anime to ever hit Television!!! (My First Review)

Akira Toriyama is the Genius Behind this Super Natural Martial Arts Masterpiece! An Anime that has everything to love about it! Let's Start things off shall we... This is the Story of A Monkey Tailed Boy who fell from Space to become the savior of not just the Earth , but the Entire Universe... Goku a Saiyan who was once ruthless as a Baby hit his Head on a Boulder, nearly Died... then he woke up and became one of the most pure hearted people on planet Earth! Since then Goku made some friends on his Adventures and even made Piccolo change! Then next came Vegeta, A Proud Saiyan Prince wanting to be better than Goku at Everything! After the Saiyan Saga Piccolo became a faithful Ally... A New threat approached Frieza, Known to be the Most Powerful Being in the Universe, was Brought down and not Changed at all Because of a Pure Evil Soul, he died in pain... He did match up a Fair fight against the Super Saiyan Goku, and even killed him with the Nouva Strike, though Goku was brought back to life by the DragonBalls in the nick of Time... then the Next Round Began Frieza and Goku went all out and were both Completely Even... then the Battle Raged on and on and Frieza lost Power, he tried to kill Goku Again, but it wasn't enough... Goku then decided to finish Frieza. So in all Frieza was able to Handle and kill a Super Saiyan... But could not do it a second time, then his reign of terror ended! The Series Could of ended, but Akira decided to keep going for the fanbase... then we had the next successful Chapter, the Android and Cell Sagas... Trunks who came from the Future warns the Z Warriors that in 3 Years Androids will attack the Earth, Events have changed because of this and then Cell Emerged and grabbed hold of Android 17... He was then on the Verge of Defeat when he came across the Ascended Super Saiyan Vegeta, but then by luck he was able to grab Android 18 to complete his Evolution! Trunks and even Vegeta were no match for the new and improved cell, then 10 days later, a tournament began and the one to defeat Cell was Gohan the futures next Hero, Goku died at the end of this, but wanted to explore the Otherworld, so he stayed with King Kai and setted off on his next Journey... Ended quite Nicely... then the fans wanted even more so then Akira made the Next Chapter... didn't turn out as good as the Frieza and Cell Sagas... but Still had some of it's moments, though! This Saga was a about a deadly Creature known as Majin Buu meant to destroy the universe with its power... then it's creater bibidi sealed him in an egg, because he was to dangerous, a million years later he was brought back and brought terror on the Earth, he was stopped by Goku, and the series finally ended... Decent Ending, i'd have to say!!! And this is the End of my Review! If you have never seen this show before see it right now, its so epic... If you like Super Natural Violence and Martial Arts then you will adore this. I Highly Recommend watching the Saiyan, frieza and Cell Sagas (the 1st-6 Seasons). And if you want more than watch the remaining Seasons with Buu! I will do DragonBall some other Time!

• DBZ will always be my favorite anime. Hands down.

I love this show. Dragon Ball Z has everything! From fast paced action, drama, and even some heartbreaking moments, such as vegeta sacrificing himself against Buu, or goku giving his life to save earth from cell's explosion. Dbz has some of the greatest characters of all time, such as, vegeta, prince of all saiyans, goku, who is a saiyan sent to earth, krillin, who is one of the most comedic characters in all of anime. I highly recommend this show to anyone who wants to see a good fight, or even some funny moments. Also goku's kamehameha is one of the epic attacks i have ever seen gigitigigitigigiti