Dragon Ball Z

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

SrRui

Dragon Ball Z Fan Reviews (555)

• Probably one of the best Animes of all time

The rating I give is for Dragon Ball Z as a whole. It was made 24 years ago and it has not aged a bit. Even today, there are video games and forums and fansites on the series. It is so popular, that it has even been released as Dragon Ball Z Kai, digitally remastering it. It has been dubbed several times in North America. I will review each dub down below.

Toonami dub 1998/ 9 out of 10 This is what introduced me to the series and I was blown away as a kid. Sure, a lot of scenes were altered but it was to make it appropriate to children, which I could forgive, plus I was a kid myself. This was also the first anime to be dubbed by FUNimation, my favorite dubbing company. By today, they are much more faithful to their properties, they were able cut down on most of the content on this series at the time and still make it awesome. That takes a lot of talent and only FUNimation could pull it off.

DBZ Uncut/ 7 out of 10 Though it was considered uncut, I don't really have any memories of this version, severely lowering the score. I don't think it lasted very long so it's hard for me to remember this well.

Dragon Ball Z Kai Nicktoons dub/ N/A I haven't seen this dub so I can't give a review for it. Sorry!

Dragon Ball Z Kai 4Kids/Vortex dub/ 1 out of 10. Yes, this dub was a complete insult. Many more scenes were removed from this version than the Cartoon Network version. At first I thought I missed them but no, they cut out the episode with Princess Snake and instead of just altering Hell like Cartoon Network did, they skipped it all out entirely. I still kept watching despite my outrage and finally gave up on this after hearing "Ginyu Force Rules" theme when the Ginyu Force introduced themselves. It was so horrible I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. I haven't even watched the show after Vortex took over when 4Kids went bankrupt. This actually made me see how terrible 4Kids was as I grew up with Cartoon Network's dub of Dragon Ball Z.

Dragon Ball Z Kai Adult Swim dub 10 out of 10: Funimation along with Adult Swim made Dragon Ball gave the series a perfect dub. Rather than say blasted to another dimension or "went away," the character finally cut the crap and say die or death or kill. The blood is now in and almost nothing is edited. This is Dragon Ball Z finally getting respect. Out of all the dubs, this is hands down the best.