Dragon Ball Z

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

SrRui

Dragon Ball Z Fan Reviews (553)

• Greatest. Action. Animated Show. EVER!!

Alright, breaking tradition here. Usually I just review animated shows from North America and not Japanese animes. Mainly because, I don't watch many of them anymore. But a few of the ones I do watch, are among my favorite shows of all time. And the best one is without a doubt, Dragon Ball Z. This may just be my favorite animated show off all time, even more than the Looney Tunes. I never missed an opportunity to watch it as a kid, and today, I have all nine seasons on DVD. that's how much I love DBZ.

The characters are awesome. Goku is one of the most likable characters ever put into animation, he's kind, naive, competitive, and he's always trying to see the good in people, even if the people are the most evil villains ever. His son Gohan, is just as likable. I loved how he developed from a spoiled brat in the beginning to a complete badass in the Cell Games. Other Z Warriors like Piccolo, Krillin and Tien are cool in their own different ways. Future Trunks was awesome, one of my personal favs. Vegeta, while he's an egotistic bastard for most of the series, his development during the Buu saga was awesome, actually learning some humility while still retaining that tough, prince attitude.

The show itself was incredible. I have to admit though, I didn't like it in Japanese. I grew up with the Funimation dub on Toonami, and personally, it was much better than the Japanese version. I love the voice acting better, and the music by Bruce Faulcner was freakin' EPIC! The fighting, in both dubs of course, is spectacular, and I really loved the story. While I do think the Frieza saga dragged on a little too long, I loved the Androids/Cell and Buu stroy arcs. Also, I didn't mind DBZ's filler at all. They all fit in the canon storyline pretty well and they didn't drag on for a long time like they do in Naruto.

I have no problems with this show, it's just one of those perfect shows in my opinion. Dragon Ball Z had awesome characters, storylines, action, music, and it's hilarious in many situations. It's the action show that inspired some of the greatest animes to ever come out of Japan for a reason, and it just might be the greatest animated show (American or Japanese) to ever exist.