Dragon Ball Z

Super Saiyan 3?!

Aired Weekdays 10:30 PM Sep 26, 2002 on Cartoon Network

• Personally the best episode in the Majin Buu saga next to Final Atonement. A power the likes of which no Saiyan has ever acquired is shown by Goku…Super Saiyan 3.

Realizing that with the destruction of West City, Capsule Corp would be destroyed, and thus the Dargon Ball Radar. So while Trunks is sent home to retrieve it, Goku heads off to cut Babidi and Majin Buu off. Seeing that he is no match for Buu, Babidi laughs at Goku's arrival, though wondering how he seemed to have appeared out of thin air. To stall for time, Goku decides to demonstrate and explain to Buu the different levels of a Saiyan; starting with Base form, then Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, and finally a form the likes of which we've never seen before. In short, a time span of 5 minutes passes from the point Goku says, "And this…is to go even further beyond!!", til he's done. Goku screams on the top of his lungs as the world shakes and everyone is shocked to realize it's coming from Goku. The nice part about this span of time is that it's accompanied by a sweet melody aptly named Super Saiyan 3 Powering Up. Following the guidelines of the previous two transformations, Goku's hair grew longer….but the amount of growth is greater than previous, it now hangs by the backside of his waist. A new difference in appearance is the fact that Goku's eyebrows are completely gone. And so, while Babidi laughs over Buu's remark of "Big hair make you big funny", Goku and Buu begin to fight. Babidi course gets all nervous when it appeared like Goku was winning and Buu was being defeated (when well he realize that Buu always gets right back up after an assault, *rolls eyes*) and marvels over the fact that both Goku and Buu seem to enjoying themselves. As the episode concludes, Trunks finally made it to Capsule Corp and is now frantically searching for the radar as Goku and Buu go another round against one another.
  • Wtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :S

Wtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :SWtf .. .. I cant see the episodes :S
  • Goku shocks everyone by transforming into a Super Saiyan 3.

Goku is with Majin Buu and Babadi trying to stall for time while Trunks gets the dragon radar before Buu destroys West City. However, Trunks hasn't moved yet so Goku tells him to speed up.

Goku needs more time, so he decides to give Buu a demonstration about Super Saiyans. He transforms to SSJ1, then SSJ2. He decides that he will need to transform to SSJ3 in order to give Trunks the time he needs to get the radar.

Goku starts his transformation which lasts for almost 5 minutes. Even the lookout was shaking unsteadily as a result of his transformation, and his power could be felt all the way from the Planet of the Kais. Goku has a whole new look: long hair all the way down his back, no eyebrows and his eyes are slightly darker. There is also a violent electrical field similar to the previous form of Super Saiyan.

Goku begins to fight Buu, but he is merely trying to stall for time and not trying to beat him. It looks like he has the upper hand but Buu seems to be invincible because he recovers from every attack.

Can Goku buy Trunks the time he needs to get the radar before West City is destroyed?
  • This Episode is the best ever.One worth watching a million times.The way he transforms is priceless

Goku realizes that he has no chance against Buu in his SS2 form.He hated to do it but he knows that he has to give Trunks more time to find the dragon radar.And he finally does it.He takes his time teaching Buu the basics of a SS and all about it's stages.He returns to normal and then explains the SS and SS2 forms.And at this point he says that he can go even further beyond.Everyone at the lookout think that he is fibbing.But this is Goku we're talking about.He proves them all wrong.He power begins to increase dramatically.Krillin and the others are shocked at the lookout.And Goku finally does it.He has reached a Super Saiyan 3. His power is strong enough to be felt even on the Supreme Kai's planet.And Gohan gets this strange feeling that it isn't a good thing.A SS3 has a completely different appearance.His hair grows a lot longer till it reaches his hips.There is a larger aura and more lightning.His eyeballs get a taint of blue in them and his eyebrows disappear.Overall he looks like a frightening enemy.But Buu being childish and all isn't scared and agrees to listen to Babidi and kill him. But he seems to be no match to Goku.But he isn't going down easy too.Buu sure knows how to take a beating time and time again and only to reappear stronger than before.Goku clearly is the perfect match for Buu but every minute as a SS3 is draining him off his time on earth. Overall.This is one episode that you won't be bored of seeing no matter how many times you see it
  • FINALLY ACTION!

Goku tries to buy West City more time by giving Buu and Babidi a demonstration of what a Super Saiyan is. He powers down, then shows Buu a Super Saiyan. Buu is impressed. He then turns it up to an Ascended Super Saiyan. Buu is really interested now, but Babidi simply wants to get it over with. Back at the lookout, everyone thinks Goku is crazy if he thinks there is level past the "Ascended Saiyan". As expected Goku's limitations are exceeded and proves them wrong. He transforms into an Super Saiyan 3. Babidi and Buu are shocked. Goku then demonstrates his newly awakened power by attacking Buu.

Well after 10 epsidoes of no fighting finally we get 3 minutes of fighting! well thats mainly becuz the other 15 minutes areof goku screaming and the world hearing his screams.
    Well atleast the transformations cool....
  • goku.super saiyan goku!supersaiyan 2 goku!!Super saiyan 3 goku!!!=death!!!

very fine episode very very good i like it how he holded back on vegeta and went all out on majin buu that deserved to have a good fight!lol buu was like wha????Big hair make u Big funny!lol thats nice and goku started to be the stuffins out of that pick fat tentical octapus pig!!lol i got to carried away there.i cant belive goku accualy could of killed people when he threw majin buu into the city!people could've died but its true when hes in his ssj3 hes not himself anymore but atleast he is still powerful.the demenstartion whoa that was a good experience for me bad for buu i wonder how much goku delt to buu....uhh thats a good question lol

SUPER SAIYAN 3 GOKU!!!
  • Goku shows Buu how strong he really is.

This was probably my favorite episode of all 3 Dragonball shows (Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT). I really enjoyed seeing how goku transformed to the next level of super saiyan. I thought it was exactly what Dragonball Z needed all along, and they certainly delivered it through this episode. I was hoping the transformation from SSJ3-SSJ4 would be a lot more like this one, however i was very disappointed. This was a great episode with lots of energy. It had my favorite asset to the show in it--lots of power! Goku shook the entire Earth just by powering up to the next level. Incredable episode.
  • Best...Episode...EVER!!!!

This episode showed every single fan of DBZ just exactly why Goku is the end-all, be-all, strongest
    person in the universe. With power that had been stored up in Goku ever since his birth, unleashing
    it was the hardest thing that Goku ever had to undergo, but Goku pulled it off as only he could, and beat the tar out of Majin Buu, proving that when it comes to being a Saiyan, there's no limit to Goku's powers.
  • One of the best episodes EVER!!!

Oh, where do I begin? Man, Akira knows how to write. And the people at Funi know how to Americanize! Goku's first Super Saiyan 3 Power Up is such a classic sequence, it should be included in some sort of parody in another show. Even if they made fun of how long the transformation took, it would be cool! I can't get over whatsort of vocal training poor Sean Schemmel had to go through for this scene. I'm sure he had to do it once, and then again, and then with more feeling, and then with more roughness and then... Know what I mean? But wow, what a result! And becuase of this episode, I am truly proud that Bruce Faulconer did DBZ's music. The SS3 Power Up theme is wihtout a doubt DBZ's most powerful, coolest music theme! You don't get tired of hearing it! I don't care what the Japanese manga readers say, the Funi English version of this episode was way better than the Japanese version. During the Japanese version, as Goku yelled, there was a background music that was so bland and typical. It set the mood to make it look like SS3 was an evil form or soemthing, as the music sounded like it meant doom. And when the transformation was finished, it felt like the ew form was no big deal or something! No, the Americna version gave this scene its true mood. The music from the get-go put us all to the edge of our seats and let us no that this was a huge difference in power! And I don't care if the DBZ purists prefer Saiya-jin to Saiyan or whatever, but for God's sake, the Jap Goku was a woman! Long live the American DBZ, the way Akira wanted it to be!!!